Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
Anyone try Myristican extract?
    #9273919 - 11/19/08 06:32 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

just got 3oz of the stuff

it's supposed to be like a pot high at 5 grams, lsd like at 15 grams

just dosed 1 gram as a test

can't find ANY trip reports on the extract... anyone?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone try Myristican extract? [Re: deranger]
    #9274031 - 11/19/08 06:44 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Is that nutmeg extract?

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone try Myristican extract? [Re: deCypher]
    #9274197 - 11/19/08 07:01 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yes, not sure if it's purely extracted from nutmeg though.

well i feel relaxed from that 1 gram.  surely this could not be placebo... :grin:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9274278 - 11/19/08 07:13 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I personally enjoy nutmeg greatly at high doses; I didn't know they sold pure myristicin extract however.  It's supposed to be mildly carcinogenic for your liver, but at the same time it has some interesting tumor-fighting properties.  I'm sure a few uses of low doses wouldn't hurt anything, though.

I love the nutmeg trip though--like MDMA combined with good weed, with a bonus of deliriant-esque hallucinations at higher doses.

--------------------

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

#9274373 - 11/19/08 07:23 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
It's supposed to be mildly carcinogenic for your live

yeah i heard that too. 

this is what the seller said:

Quote:

Myristicin is a naturally occurring chemical found in common spices like nutmeg, parsley, and dill.
However, these spices also contain small amounts of cancer causing carcinogens.
We have put this powder through a rigorous extraction process with an ethyl-alcohol based solvent(similar to drinking alcohol).
This extract DOUBLES the amount of Myristicin while reducing the amount of carcinogens by half!

Beware of extraction's that use acetone(nail polish remover) or isopropyl alcohol(rubbing alcohol)
These are extremely toxic and are not suitable for this kind of extraction!
Isopropyl alcohol is great for salvia extractions, but not myristicin because of its method of use!
Please message me for more information about this if you have any questions.

if you want i can pm you a link to the source.  cheap as hell.

buut... i'm skeptical.  will probably finish off this 3oz then be fin.

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

#9274416 - 11/19/08 07:28 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i wonder how carcinogenic this stuff is compared to ciggies.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9274455 - 11/19/08 07:33 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, at least the pure extract gets rid of the other carcinogens found in nutmeg, but myristicin itself is still supposed to be mildly carcinogenic.

Dunno about in comparison to ciggies, though--at least you're not getting heavy metals and tar in your lungs along with addictive nicotine, though.  :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

#9274525 - 11/19/08 07:46 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

where did you read myristican is carcinogenic?

can't seem to find any info via google.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9274573 - 11/19/08 07:53 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

OK, I likewise can't find anything apart from vague rumors here and there.  All the medical literature I pulled up shows that myristicin by itself has tumor-fighting properties; I suppose that it's the safrole in the nutmeg that's the primary carcinogen (definite links on this one).

Very cool stuff if ingesting pure myristicin will get the nutmeg trip without unpleasant side effects, though.  Keep us updated with your results!

--------------------

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

#9274580 - 11/19/08 07:54 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

well i'm working and feel very relaxed.

normally when i work i'm fast, but it's hard to concentrate because my mind just wants to lie back and relax.

can't wait to try 5, then 15 grams. :grin:

InvisibleBEEP
    #9274597 - 11/19/08 07:58 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i'd like to hear how a higher dose effects you :evil: keep us updated!

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone try Myristican extract? [Re: BEEP]
    #9274649 - 11/19/08 08:06 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=16679154

The results obtained suggest that myristicin induces cytotoxicity in human neuroblastoma SK-N-SH cells by an apoptotic mechanism.  :eek:

Also, I presume that 28 grams of this extract is equivalent to 56 grams of myristicin?  I'm confused, though.  Ground nutmeg supposedly contains 1-3% myristicin, and usually the heaviest trip that one takes on nutmeg is around 28 grams of ground nutmeg.  Does this mean that one only needs .28 to .84 grams of myristicin to get equivalent effects?

Something doesn't seem right here if you've taken the equivalent of 1 g of extract = 2 g of myristicin = 66 grams of nutmeg; is there anything wrong with my calculations?  Also, nutmeg takes at least four to six hours to kick in in my experience (probably something having to do with exceedingly slow liver metabolism).

Perhaps you're about to get knocked off your ass in about five hours?  :lol:

--------------------

Edited by deCypher (11/19/08 08:13 PM)

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

#9274677 - 11/19/08 08:10 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

*dumps down toilet*

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
    #9274733 - 11/19/08 08:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'll save Wiccan the breath lol
Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
I can see you're a newbie in ODD, because otherwise you would have stopped your friend from possibly doing damage to his liver or other nastyness.

Below is a writeup I did earlier on the topic.

At that time I did not know that trimyristin is the worst fat for the heart by far, but read this and know what your friend may have gotten himself into.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

NUTMEG CONSTITUTES A GRAVE HEALTH HAZARD if used to get high.
30gr of nutmeg can be LIFE THREATENING!

Let me now write

THE MOTHER OF ALL NUTMEG POSTS :grin:
In this post I will do the search, supply the info, scientifically kick Shulgin's ass on his nutmeg hypothesis and show you why Nutmeg is BAD m'kay? :wink:

First of all let us consider Nutmeg itself:

Quote:

Title: Myristica
Additional Names:  Nutmeg;  nux moschata;  nuces (semen) nucistae
Constituents:  25-35% fixed oil and 5-15% volatile oils. 
CAUTION:  Ingestion of large quantities causes drowsiness, stupor, death.

"The Stuff" that condenses to the glass wall if the nutmeg concoction cools is Nutmeg Butter

Quote:

Title:  Oil of Nutmeg, Expressed
Additional Names:  Nutmeg butter;  oil of mace
Literature References:  Oil expressed from nutmeg (Myristica fragrans Houtt., Myristicaceae).  Constit.  Chiefly trimyristin; some volatile oil.
Properties:  Orange-red to reddish-brown, soft solid.  mp 45-51?.  Odor and taste of nutmeg.  d 0.990-0.995.
Melting point:  mp 45-51?
Toxicity data:  LD50 orally in rats:  3640 mg/kg, P. M. Jenner et al., Food Cosmet. Toxicol. 2, 327 (1964)
CAUTION:  Symptoms similar to Oil of Nutmeg, Volatile.

Now nutmeg butter is the combination of both the fatty and volatile oils of nutmeg, so there will be a LOT of it, 30-50% of the used nutmeg, to be precise.
The Nutmeg Butter holds the psychoactive components. Since the fat is just a vegetable oil this leaves the volatile oil to our scrutiny:

Quote:

Title:  Oil of Nutmeg, Volatile
Additional Names:  Oil of myristica
Literature References:  Steam-distilled oil from dried kernels of ripe seeds of nutmeg (Myristica fragrans Houtt., Myristicaceae).  Constit.  60-80% d-Camphene, ~8% d-pinene; dipentene, d-borneol, l-terpineol, ~6% geraniol, safrol, ~4% myristicin.  The myristicin fraction together with its more than 25% content of elemicin is supposed to be responsible for the purported hallucinogenic properties of nutmeg seed:  Shulgin, Nature 197, 4865 (1963); Weil, Econ. Botany 19, 194-217 (1965).
Properties:  Colorless or pale yellow liquid; odor and taste of nutmeg. 
Toxicity data:  LD50 orally in rats:  2620 mg/kg (Jenner)
CAUTION:  Ingestion of large quantities produces narcosis, delirium, death.

This, for once, is where the good dr. Shulgin and I part.

Safrole (3,4-methylenedioxyallylbenzene)
Myristicin (5-MeO-Safrole)
Elemicin (3,4,5-trimethoxy-allylbenzene)

Now these are excellent starting materials to make MDA, MMDA and TMA respectively, but they are not known to be desirably psychoactive. They are known to cause CANCER though. And they are very hard on the liver.

Speaking of hard on the liver, how about Camphene, the major constituent of the oil? It is a camphorlike substance that is smuggled into your body and gives your liver a TON of work to metabolize it into camphorlike substances.
Now let's look at camphor, shall we?

Quote:

Additional Names:  (1S)-(-)-Camphor

CAUTION:  Potential symptoms of overexposure to synthetic camphor are irritation of eyes, skin, mucous membranes; nausea, vomiting, diarrhea; headache, dizziness, confusion, vertigo, excitement, restlessness, delerium, hallucinations; epileptic convulsions; CNS depression, coma.

Hold da phone.. what was that again?

Quote:

NUTMEG: Ingestion of large quantities causes drowsiness, stupor, death.

NUTMEG VOLATILE OIL: Ingestion of large quantities produces narcosis, delirium, death.

CAMPHOR: irritation of eyes, skin, mucous membranes; nausea, vomiting, diarrhea; headache, dizziness, confusion, vertigo, excitement, restlessness, delerium, hallucinations; epileptic convulsions; CNS depression, coma.

Sooo.. Camphor is a Central Nervous System Depressant ("sedative") that causes Delirium which features hallucinations, confusion, excitement & restlessness which are pretty standard as toxic deliria go. (Looks alot like DT, Delirium Tremens)

All of this is reflected in the Nutmeg data, and Camphor is the well-studied analog of the more obscure Camphene thats up to 80% of volatile nutmeg oil.

Now let's look at the  NATURAL HIGHS FAQ  at Erowid:

Quote:

Effects:
Possible nausea during first hour; may cause vomiting or diarrhea in isolated cases. Takes anywhere from one to five hours for effects to set in. Then expect severe cottonmouth, flushing of skin, severely bloodshot eyes, dilated pupils. Personally I compare it to a very, very heavy hash buzz. "Intense sedation". Impaired speech and motor functions. Hallucinations uncommon in average (5-10 gm) doses. Generally followed by long, deep, almost coma-like sleep (expect 16 hours of sleep afterward) and feelings of lethargy after sleep. May cause constipation, water retention. Safrole is carcinogenic and toxic to the liver.

HELLO! There we got the missing link! Here you got the Nausea, the Vomiting and Diarroea that we missed from the Camphor poisoning description. And Camphor externally irritates skin while Nutmeg causes flushed (irritated) skin when taken internally.
And prominent CNS Depressant effects on top of that too!

---

So there you have it then: d-Camphene constitutes 60-80% of Nutmeg Volatile Oil, it is a close relative to Camphor and the toxicology data shows considerable similarity.

Since both descriptions speak of profound CNS DEPRESSANT "sedative" and DELIRIANT "poisoning hallucinations" effects we may conclude that there's a strong link between Camphor toxicity and the Camphene in Nutmeg Volatile Oil.

---

Now let's look at what those 30 grams of nutmeg contain:

9-15gr Nutmeg Butter which contains

1.5-4.5gr Nutmeg Volatile Oil which contains

0.9-3.6gr Camphene (narcotic liver poison, the lethal range for Camphor)

~100-500mg Safrole/Myristicin/Elemicin (carcinogen liver poisons)

---

The bottom line: DON'T DO IT IT IS SELF-POISONING
Just like salt isn't meant to be eaten by the spoonful some things are just suitable for use as a high. Their poisoning symptoms may seem desirable, but the bottom line is that they are POISONING SYMPTOMS and not resultant of specific drug action.

Nutmeg Eating might not seem it at first glance, but upon toxicological scrutiny it is comparable in dangerousness and fucked-up desperation to glue sniffing, where I want to add the distinction that I'd rather poison myself with some very specific brands of huffed glue rather then with Nutmeg. Let's compare it to paint thinner & gasoline huffing.

At C10H16 Camphene is quite comparable to a gasoline fraction anyway, except it has a specific structure. It's more like DRINKING gasoline, even MORE dangerous.

Nutmeg Oil's Camphene is a classic alkyl anaesthetic, supplied in sedative-hypnotic doses, except it is molecularly too BIG to be one and as such it causes epilepsy-like convulsions. Orally it cannot be dosed properly so that means that an ineffective dose now may kill you next time around.

The LEGAL HIGHS FAQ says:
Generally followed by long, deep, almost coma-like sleep
Think for a minute: Do you want to yield yourself to unrousable unconsciousness which might proceed into epileptic convulsions and death? Do you want your girlfriend to find you ridin' the bed like you were in the Exorcist?
Or just silently stop breathing, or awakening after severe apnoea with oxygen deprivation braindamage?
How about liver damage?
Cancer, anyone?

The bottom line: Nutmeg is VERY dangerous to abuse, because it's high is a poisoning. Want to hallucinate? Grow mushrooms from the free spores of the 1/8oz shrooms-baggie you bought.
Want to get Low? Do it properly and use BEER!

Because that's the bottom line: You can compare Nutmeg to a highly dangerous and very poisonous substitute for liquor.
Now how desperate is that?

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9274745 - 11/19/08 08:22 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, apparently the myristicin-induced cytotoxicity is dosage-dependent but definitely exists.  I can't find any hard information on at what dosages the effect becomes significant (0.01–5 mM of myristicin incubation of neuroblastoma cells for 24-48 hours was used in the study, but I'm unsure as to what grams myristicin comes out to in mM).

Wiccan_Seeker's write up is good for nutmeg in general but it's been shown that myristicin itself is apparently not carcinogenic.

--------------------

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

#9274874 - 11/19/08 08:45 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

that's enough info for me to discontinue use.

really wanna try 10 grams though.

butt fuck it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale