Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBEEP
First straw attempt
    #9274204 - 11/19/08 07:02 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Alright, so I started with pasteurizing 2 pillow cases or about 3 pounds of dry straw, I didn't cut it up. what problems could that start?

after i let the bags cool and drain for about an hour I emptied them into a tote, then spawned 6 quarts of WBS to them, the straw was still pretty warm and wet, but it doesn't look like it killed anything, there's a little condensation but no build up of water. (my tub is clear covered in sheets in a dark closet) after i mixed in the WBS as evenly as I could, I packed it down with all my body weight, covered the top layer with saran wrap and poked holes through it, closed the lid and put it in the closet. Is it ok for the lid to be closed and do i have to open it to provide GE? there's about 4 inches of open air in the tote.

It's been 5 days now give or take a few hours and the WBS isn't taking hold if the straw, it is still white and a little fluffy so I'm assuming I didn't accidentally sterilize it. how long does it usually take for the straw to start colonizing? the temperature is around 70 degrees F.

I'm going to post updates on this and keep this as somewhat of a grow log.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledoze
Stranger

Re: First straw attempt [Re: BEEP]
    #9274228 - 11/19/08 07:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

slow colinaztion. the mycelium runs through the cut up straw like mini highways.

putting your body weight on it probably isnt good. i would reccomend put some holes covered with micropore tape to provide ge.

a while if you dont cut it up. the mycelium has to find its way inside the straw.

--------------------
But I'll bounce back for mine is a heart made of iron forged in the darkest smithy of despair! Alloyed with hate and melancholy! corroded by anger! oxidized by fury!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds