Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleGeomancer
Seeker of Wisdom
Loc: the shadows of your mind
Re: Your opinions (pistols) [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #9274634 - 11/19/08 08:03 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomhunter10 said:

Get these bad boys here :smile:

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/product_info.php/pName/50rds-12-gauge-sellier-bellot-2-34-9-pellet-oo-buckshot/cName/12-gauge-buckshot

12 pellets of 00 buck oughta do it! :smile:

I'll second this.  I bought some of these exact S&B shells off of GB a while back, and there is no better "bang for the buck" as it were. 

(Plus, they were stupid cheap, like $15 per 50 rounds from the seller I got them from at the time.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #9274637 - 11/19/08 08:04 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomhunter10 said:
Not many people use that site. They think cheaperthandirt is king... I'm glad you know that site. It owns.

ehh, cheaperthandirt is ok.

ammunitiontogo.com and aimsurplus.com is where its at.

--------------------

InvisibleGeomancer
Seeker of Wisdom
Loc: the shadows of your mind
Re: Your opinions (pistols) [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #9274658 - 11/19/08 08:07 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

leftysurprise said:

ammunitiontogo.com and aimsurplus.com is where its at.

I remember buying a bunch of .223 rounds from aim a couple years ago and being real impressed with the pricepoint.  Haven't bought anything online in a while though.

Offlineray40cal
omnitrippint
Male User Gallery

Loc: midwest side
    #9274676 - 11/19/08 08:10 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

leftysurprise said:
well i only have a 12ga pump that holds 3 shells, so until i have a semi auto that holds as least 5 shells, ill reach for one of my pistols.

so you dont think a .357mag or a .40 soft point bullet can knock a man backwards and on his ass?

No way, use the pump dude. I promise you, and i've seen it myself, one shot from a good load out of a 12 guage ( i witnessed 20 guage) will drop anyone instantly if hit center mass.  Buckshot is great for a household round, even a breakbarrel shotgun is better than a pistol. You should never go into a gunfight with just a pistol because pistols suck royal ass, have no knockdown power, and are innacurate at a certain close range. THey just suck. Shotguns whip pistols, even the .410 is better.

With regard to knockdown power, i'm just stating a fact. It's physically impossible to knock someone down with a pistol round, be it .22 or .45, doesnt matter. If the round has enough force to knock the target down, then the recoil will also knock the shooter down.

Most people shot with large bore pistols like a .45, still fall down instantly though. But it's not from force, it's from shock and/or damage caused in their body to certain organs and systems, which when ruptured, a person can no longer function. If for instance, i shot somoene in the upper spine with a .22 round, they'd instantly fall, and probably fall backwards. They'd never get up again either.

--------------------

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God Flag
    #9274699 - 11/19/08 08:14 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I think I'm well defended, but I always need more.
I'm actually going to a gun show in december.

as to you question
9mm, 357. 45 acp. .40 cal
they will all kill a man. I'd chose any of them.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Re: Your opinions (pistols) [Re: Geomancer]
    #9274717 - 11/19/08 08:18 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

this is exotic ammo for 12 gauge.
really cool stuff.
http://www.deltaforce.com/catalog/pg31.html

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by joe666 (11/19/08 08:25 PM)

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Your opinions (pistols) [Re: ray40cal]
    #9274726 - 11/19/08 08:19 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Ray.

He found a plug and his shotty holds 5 in the tube now! :smile:

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#9274859 - 11/19/08 08:43 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Lefty, make sure if you ever go hunting with that shotgun to put the plug back in. Otherwise you'll get RAPED by a Game Warden.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Offlineray40cal
omnitrippint
Male User Gallery

Loc: midwest side
Re: Your opinions (pistols) [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #9276554 - 11/20/08 01:30 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

joe i want that flintlock(?) pistol. It would go great with my pirate costume.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Your opinions (pistols) [Re: ray40cal]
    #9276651 - 11/20/08 02:04 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ray40cal said:
Quote:

leftysurprise said:
well i only have a 12ga pump that holds 3 shells, so until i have a semi auto that holds as least 5 shells, ill reach for one of my pistols.

so you dont think a .357mag or a .40 soft point bullet can knock a man backwards and on his ass?

No way, use the pump dude. I promise you, and i've seen it myself, one shot from a good load out of a 12 guage ( i witnessed 20 guage) will drop anyone instantly if hit center mass.  Buckshot is great for a household round, even a breakbarrel shotgun is better than a pistol. You should never go into a gunfight with just a pistol because pistols suck royal ass, have no knockdown power, and are innacurate at a certain close range. THey just suck. Shotguns whip pistols, even the .410 is better.

With regard to knockdown power, i'm just stating a fact. It's physically impossible to knock someone down with a pistol round, be it .22 or .45, doesnt matter. If the round has enough force to knock the target down, then the recoil will also knock the shooter down.

Most people shot with large bore pistols like a .45, still fall down instantly though. But it's not from force, it's from shock and/or damage caused in their body to certain organs and systems, which when ruptured, a person can no longer function. If for instance, i shot somoene in the upper spine with a .22 round, they'd instantly fall, and probably fall backwards. They'd never get up again either.

well the 12ga is kept in my gunsafe, so unless i think i can safely unlock that before getting to one of my pistols, ill be using one of them.  i dont know, pistols work great for me, ive never shot a man, but before i got this new job and became poor, i was going to the range roughly 2-3 times a month, and one of those was bowling pin shooting competition, and i can hit a bullseye at 50 ft no problem with any of my pistols except the keltec p3at .380, for that one i need to be a little closer, like 20-30 ft.  its all in how well trained you are. 

:shrug:

and i was just asking about the power of a softpoint, ive always heard that a good softpoint will flatten out going through the body causing alot more momentum than an average bullet penetrating.  but then again ive never shot a person so i couldnt know for sure.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Your opinions (pistols) [Re: joe666]
    #9276660 - 11/20/08 02:07 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

joe666 said:

I think I'm well defended, but I always need more.
I'm actually going to a gun show in december.

as to you question
9mm, 357. 45 acp. .40 cal
they will all kill a man. I'd chose any of them.

what caliber is that model 700 at the bottom?  i have one in 7mm mag. that thing is a beast.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#9276662 - 11/20/08 02:08 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
Lefty, make sure if you ever go hunting with that shotgun to put the plug back in. Otherwise you'll get RAPED by a Game Warden.

i just wont load more than the normal 3 when i go to the range and whenever i go hunting.  thanks for the heads up though. :awesome:

--------------------

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

#9277341 - 11/20/08 08:52 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

it's a .243

I bought it for 420Girl. she loves to hunt too.

--------------------

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #9277510 - 11/20/08 09:26 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

leftysurprise said:
Quote:

WakeboardrB said:

i just wont load more than the normal 3 when i go to the range and whenever i go hunting.  thanks for the heads up though. :awesome:

You can still get in troube. There have to be physical stopping devices in there. Be cautious!

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#9278222 - 11/20/08 11:47 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

leftysurprise said:
Quote:

WakeboardrB said:

It doesn't matter. For the range you'll be fine. Hell, put a mag extender on there, they won't care.

But for hunting there HAS to be a plug in there. It doesn't matter if you have no shells in the mag or 3 in the mag. My friend got a huge fine earlier this season and his hunting license revoked because he didn't have a plug but was only holding 3 shells.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Your opinions (pistols) [Re: joe666]
    #9278242 - 11/20/08 11:50 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

joe666 said:
it's a .243

I bought it for 420Girl. she loves to hunt too.

thats awesome.  the bullet on that 7mm mag is roughly a .270something, but the cartridge is RIDICULOUS.  i can only fire maybe 30 rounds through it before my shoulder is good and tender, AND i have a 2" rubber pad on the butt.  that thing kicks harder than any .308 ive fired.

girls with guns are awesome!  :awesome:

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#9278259 - 11/20/08 11:53 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomhunter10 said:
Quote:

leftysurprise said:
Quote:

WakeboardrB said:

You can still get in troube. There have to be physical stopping devices in there. Be cautious!

how the fuck are they going to know? if i only load three, and they remove three..... then its gravy.  :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#9278269 - 11/20/08 11:55 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
Quote:

leftysurprise said:
Quote:

WakeboardrB said:

It doesn't matter. For the range you'll be fine. Hell, put a mag extender on there, they won't care.

But for hunting there HAS to be a plug in there. It doesn't matter if you have no shells in the mag or 3 in the mag. My friend got a huge fine earlier this season and his hunting license revoked because he didn't have a plug but was only holding 3 shells.

well shit.  i guess if i ever go hunting with that shotgun ill put the damn thing in.  :bored:

i want to get a better shotgun for hunting anyway.  thats a pretty short barrel and more for home use i think.

--------------------

Offlineunretarded
Tick and poisionoak collector
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
    #9278281 - 11/20/08 11:59 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

A .410 pistol is about the best home defence pistol you can get.:getstoned:

--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

Invisibleold mushmellow
mushmaker
Male User Gallery

Loc: the dome
    #9278310 - 11/20/08 12:05 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

My wife likes the Walther PP .32 (7.65), You can pop'em right off with little recoil, a very reliable pistol.
I prefer the Colt Government .45ACP , I don't care where you hit them they're goin down. These are expensive beasties.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom