Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineiMtRiPpIn
Lookin' fer Luv
 User Gallery

A Glovebox
    #9271516 - 11/19/08 09:47 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Here is a glovebox made from a $12.00, 10 gallon fish tank, some cardboard, and some tape.  Clear glass makes observation easy and no worry about melting plastic.  Cheap materials and easy construction:

--------------------

Edited by iMtRiPpIn (11/19/08 09:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineiMtRiPpIn
Lookin' fer Luv
 User Gallery

Re: A Glovebox [Re: iMtRiPpIn]
    #9271546 - 11/19/08 09:57 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

BTW I this idea comes from a former shroomery member whose name I think was Da Beer.  Just want to give credit where credit is due.

--------------------

OfflineGroomies
Ghost
 User Gallery

#9271563 - 11/19/08 10:06 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i noticed you have a cd spindle next to you. i made my glovebox the same way but i used the cd spindle as the holes for my hand. i think its better using round holes cause you'll have less space for air to go in.

--------------------
:hotidea::hotidea::hotidea:

OfflineiMtRiPpIn
Lookin' fer Luv
 User Gallery

Re: A Glovebox [Re: Groomies]
    #9271569 - 11/19/08 10:09 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, the holes underneath the little square "doors" are in fact round.  Thanks for the tip on the CD spindle, it took some searching to find a suitable round template to match arm size.

--------------------

Edited by iMtRiPpIn (11/19/08 10:10 AM)

Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
    #9271599 - 11/19/08 10:25 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

that looks nice and will work fine. one note: keep the cardboard dry because mold and bacteria can grow on cardboard (so does woodloving mycelium) but change the cardboard after a few uses or long storage ya know.  . plastic lid from a rubermaid tub would be cool. i like it!

--------------------
grind

OfflineEmperor Reishi
Student of Wisdom
Male

#9271657 - 11/19/08 10:42 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

that is a nice alternative to the plastic tubs. The only change I would suggest would be to use a piece of hard plastic or even wood for the face in stead of card board to you can cut out holes and attach a plastic ring with rubber gloves. As it is it appears your just putting your hands thru the holes in the cardboard, which works for many people, but I have had a lot of trouble with my glovebox until I made it fairly air tight...

Overall nice idea :thumbup:

--------------------
EmperoR ReishI

Looking for:    Live Cultures: Maitake[sclerotia forming], Wood Ear[Auricularia Polytricha],            Prints: **Psilocybe mexicana,                                Reishi [other than red], Bioluminessent                                                                          Cubes & Pan Cyans

Available for trade:    Live cultures: Reishi[ganoderma lucidum], Shiitake[lentinula edodes], Chicken of the woods[Laetiporus                                            sulphureus], Enoki [Flammulina velutipes], Oyster [Pleurotus ostreatus], Lion's Mane [Hericium                                                            erinaceus]

Invisibledoze
Stranger

Re: A Glovebox [Re: Emperor Reishi]
    #9271666 - 11/19/08 10:45 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

im going to do this. right now i have a cardboard box with cellophane over the top (taped together) with holes crudely cut for arm holes.

its ridiculously ghetto, but it works.

--------------------
But I'll bounce back for mine is a heart made of iron forged in the darkest smithy of despair! Alloyed with hate and melancholy! corroded by anger! oxidized by fury!

Invisibleseven
Male

Re: A Glovebox [Re: doze]
    #9271684 - 11/19/08 10:50 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yes it will work. doing inoculations in a clear plastic bag works as well, but rather "ghetto" as you put it Doze. :smile:

--------------------
grind

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: A Glovebox [Re: seven]
    #9271827 - 11/19/08 11:24 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

What about painting the cardboard. That should stop anything growing on it. A nice coat of varnish should work great.

iglovebox doesn't have to be air tight. Just ake suure there are no draughts in your work area. Waer gloves and you willbe fine

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Invisibleseven
Male

Re: A Glovebox [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9271856 - 11/19/08 11:36 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
What about painting the cardboard. That should stop anything growing on it. A nice coat of varnish should work great.

iglovebox doesn't have to be air tight. Just ake suure there are no draughts in your work area. Waer gloves and you willbe fine

:thumbup: veda, you are an intelligent guy. :smile: :thumbup:

--------------------
grind

Invisibledoze
Stranger

#9271877 - 11/19/08 11:47 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

hey veda, do you think that spray clear enamel will work?

--------------------
But I'll bounce back for mine is a heart made of iron forged in the darkest smithy of despair! Alloyed with hate and melancholy! corroded by anger! oxidized by fury!

Invisibleseven
Male

#9271885 - 11/19/08 11:51 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

doze said:
hey veda, do you think that spray clear enamel will work?

i used to make paint, yes an enamel is really good. so is a polyurathane < is that spelled wrong? :lol: edit: im not sure how well these will hold up on cardboard. i think it should be fine.

--------------------
grind

Edited by seven (11/19/08 11:55 AM)

Invisibledoze
Stranger

#9271911 - 11/19/08 12:00 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

cool. im going to make this tommorrow. ill report back with results.

--------------------

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Loc: AustinDenverLA
    #9271993 - 11/19/08 12:22 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you so much! Ive been doing exactly this except Ive always used foil for the glove side. I recentely bought some cheap plexiglass alternative to try and build a permanent glove side to it but I melted about 1/2 an inch into it outdoors and was literally choked by the slight smell of it burning. So now I am gonna make a cardboard one. Why the fuck didn't I think of that sooner?

--------------------

Offlinebeengonetoolong
Gravy Train Conductor
Male User Gallery

Re: A Glovebox [Re: LightShedder]
    #9272020 - 11/19/08 12:28 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Cool idea.

I have never used a glove box in 10 years, or a flowhood, in various residences.

I wonder why I am like the only person who doesn't use a glovebox and doesnt get any sort of contams.. ?  Only thing I do is make sure not to breath on spores/jars/etc during inoculation, and turn off any heat or a/c that may be on, and try to make gentle movements. 

:confused:

--------------------

Is there life after death? Trespass and find out.

Invisiblelegallyhomeless
mooch
 User Gallery

Loc: EZRA for the Refuge
Re: A Glovebox [Re: beengonetoolong]
    #9272497 - 11/19/08 02:18 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

beengonetoolong said:
Cool idea.

I have never used a glove box in 10 years, or a flowhood, in various residences.

I wonder why I am like the only person who doesn't use a glovebox and doesnt get any sort of contams.. ?  Only thing I do is make sure not to breath on spores/jars/etc during inoculation, and turn off any heat or a/c that may be on, and try to make gentle movements. 

:confused:

I dont use em either. No problems here.

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.

Download PSX ISOs

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: A Glovebox [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #9272531 - 11/19/08 02:24 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

Invisibledoze
Stranger

Re: A Glovebox [Re: dead]
    #9272607 - 11/19/08 02:39 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

that what mine looks like! besides the gloves.

maybe you just have a really low spore count in your house :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
    #9272624 - 11/19/08 02:41 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I never attached the gloves, they're just hanging there in the picture. Now I just use disposable vinyl gloves and stick my hands through the holes. Works just fine.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

Invisibledoze
Stranger

Re: A Glovebox [Re: dead]
    #9272652 - 11/19/08 02:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:werd: i like to use hand sanitizer just to be safe.

--------------------

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9272663 - 11/19/08 02:51 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I like that idea.  If you wrapped some plastic around the front of the cardboard, you could prevent anything from growing on it and easily sterilize it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies