Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

My noisy pineal gland
    #9271168 - 11/19/08 07:42 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I've had this funny thing going on for quite some time now.  I get noises in my brain.  For the longest time I was a bit concerned about it but now I'm just about certain that it's related to my pineal gland.  So, with that in mind, I've become more chill about the whole thing.

If I had to pinpoint when it started I would have to say that it was probably after the one time that I made a way-too-potent ayahuasca brew.  I don't regret this experience but let's just say I was in over my head and didn't realize that it would be THAT kind of intense.

It doesn't happen all the time.  I've noticed it once while on kratom, several times while on psychedelics and a lot of times in the morning when I'm first rolling out of bed.  One thing to note is that my dreaming seems fairly normal and that I've still had a couple amazing experiences with less potent aya brews since this started.  So at least I didn't "break" my ability to enjoy DMT.

The sound is almost like a sizzling but I don't like that word.  Bad connotation.  I'd rather just say that my pineal gland is putting work in.  If I wanted to get really weird about it I could say that it almost seems like some kind of alien speak.

As long as I'm feeling fine otherwise though, should I just try and embrace this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: My noisy pineal gland [Re: truffleupagus]
    #9271181 - 11/19/08 07:50 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Might want to at least ask a doctor about it. Is it an actual noise or just something that makes you think you're hearing noises? Can anyone else hear it?

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: My noisy pineal gland [Re: krypto2000]
    #9271276 - 11/19/08 08:26 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, you may have a point there.  My regular physician can be kind of a dick at times though so I might need to find a different doc to ask lol.

But yeah, it's definitely an actual noise.  Since it's coming from my head though, it's hard to say how loud it is.  I suspect that someone else would need to have their head right next to mine to hear it.  That'll probably never happen since it's largely a random kind of thing.

If it ever happens again when I'm close to someone else then I'll ask if they can hear it.

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

#9271307 - 11/19/08 08:34 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I didn't necessarily think it was related to the pineal at first because the location of it seemed close to the brain stem.  I always thought the pineal was directly behind where you see the third eye depicted in pictures.  But I just saw a diagram that showed the pineal positioned behind the sinuses (lower) so that kinda makes more sense.

Offlinetoday mylove
Male User Gallery

#9271358 - 11/19/08 08:50 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#9271378 - 11/19/08 08:58 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Might make more sense if it were part of a sinus chamber.
But, I have heard things as well. 

After a good dose of psilocybin, I've heard a loud "oik", like empty glass beer mugs brought together in one hand by their handles.  The last "sound" I heard was a loud knock, like someone hit me in the head with a 2x4.  Woke me up from a near sleep like an audio version of the falling sensation. 

No alien speak, though.  I tend to think the sounds I've heard are less physical manipulation of the ear drum than a triggering of the nerves involved.

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Flag
    #9271399 - 11/19/08 09:04 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

and this is all related to the pineal gland how?

it's one thing to say you have jet lag and have disrupted sleep patterns, and blame it on your pineal gland.
it's something completely different to connect it (which it likely nothing to do with) to psychedelic experiences.

:nonono:

that's like someone saying, "shit, I can't get it up like I used to...damned gall bladder"

Offlinetoday mylove
Male User Gallery

Re: My noisy pineal gland [Re: piracetam]
    #9271411 - 11/19/08 09:07 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

it's a pretty ridiculous self diagnosis. see a doctor if it's bothering you.

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Re: My noisy pineal gland [Re: today mylove]
    #9271512 - 11/19/08 09:46 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I've had this happen almost a year ago after a breakthrough dose of smoking dmt.  It sounded like a loud "Zap" and was quite loud.  It caused me to get out of bed b/c I thought a power transformer exploded next to my window.  After that night, I started writing poetry and had my first lucid dream.  I now regularly lucid dream.  I awoke almost instantly on my first lucid dream b/c of how "real" it was.  I cannot explain what happened.  Though, I have never heard any "noises" since then.

--------------------
One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the dark conscious.
--Jung

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Re: My noisy pineal gland [Re: j_db69]
    #9271519 - 11/19/08 09:49 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

That night was the last night that I freebased dmt.  I have since used a pharma aya mix from the freebased salt and did not re-create that event, though, I have only used it once, albeit a healthy dose.

--------------------
One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the dark conscious.
--Jung

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Loc: Tipping at windmills.
Re: My noisy pineal gland [Re: j_db69]
    #9271525 - 11/19/08 09:52 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ever taken anti-depressants?  Theres research now and some lawsuits I think going on because of "sizzle" and "crackle" noises people are now hearing years after the fact of taking these things.

--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: My noisy pineal gland [Re: ShockValue]
    #9271712 - 11/19/08 10:55 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ShockValue said:
Ever taken anti-depressants?  Theres research now and some lawsuits I think going on because of "sizzle" and "crackle" noises people are now hearing years after the fact of taking these things.

My parents had me on Prozac for a short while when I was in middle school.  I'm very much against anti-depressants these days.  Wasn't aware of that though.  Thanks for the info.

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: My noisy pineal gland [Re: today mylove]
    #9271796 - 11/19/08 11:15 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

todaymylove said:

God!  It's amazing how quickly some of you guys get on the defensive when you have the slightest inkling that someone MIGHT be speaking negatively about your beloved alkaloids.

First off, I never said it was bothering me.  On the contrary, it's just something that I'm fascinated by and would like to understand.  I would probably be upset if it just stopped all of a sudden.

Secondly, I made a point of saying that it only happens when I'm altered or first waking up.  So tinnitus sounds like a pretty ridiculous diagnosis to me.

Lastly, as much as I appreciated the first response saying to ask a doctor, I suspect that even a neurologist might be clueless when it comes to this one.  My regular doctor didn't know what to say when I told him that my sternum pops.

Let me calm down a bit now.

Thank you to the open minded ones that have posted in this thread so far.  It's nice to know that some of you aren't too quick to pop off at the fingers. :wink:

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

#9271812 - 11/19/08 11:19 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Anyway, what I was gonna say before I was completely taken the wrong way was that it makes me think of a scene from the movie Waking Life.

Ethan Hawke and some woman I'm not familiar with are laying in bed talking about what goes on in the brain during the first 5 or so minutes after you wake up.  The scene kinda came out of nowhere when I was watching the movie.  I need to watch that movie again soon because all I took in was the gist of what they were talking about and not the specifics.

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#9271959 - 11/19/08 12:15 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

truffleupagus said:
Quote:

todaymylove said:

God!  It's amazing how quickly some of you guys get on the defensive when you have the slightest inkling that someone MIGHT be speaking negatively about your beloved alkaloids.

Secondly, I made a point of saying that it only happens when I'm altered or first waking up.  So tinnitus sounds like a pretty ridiculous diagnosis to me.

Let me calm down a bit now.

Thank you to the open minded ones that have posted in this thread so far.  It's nice to know that some of you aren't too quick to pop off at the fingers. :wink:

Nobody is saying it couldn't be the influence of alkaloids.  I think the pineal gland diagnosis is what todaymylove was saying was ridiculous. 

Also, before you "pop off at the fingers," you might want to read the whole Wiki page cited.

Under Causes of subjective tinnitus is listed:
Psychedelic drugs:
5-Methoxy-diisopropyltryptamine
Diisopropyltryptamine (DiPT)
Harmaline
N,N-dimethyltryptamine
Psilocybin
Salvinorin A

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there are unreported effects from understudied drugs, especially when the effects are rare and random.

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: My noisy pineal gland [Re: 04281969]
    #9272035 - 11/19/08 12:31 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:

I read most of the wiki entry.  I will read all of it when I have a little more time later.

I just found it odd that it's when I'm under the influence AND rolling out of bed AND that's it.

Kratom, like opiates I'd imagine, has been known to put people in a sort of waking dream state.

Tell me you don't see my point here at least.

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#9272738 - 11/19/08 03:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I suppose you're entitled to your feelings.  I just think you were a bit defensive. 

What makes you think it's the pineal gland (other than where you think the gland is)?  Even if there were a buildup of some type, it might not originiate from the nearest gland.  Or even the perceived source, for that matter. 

OfflineTurky
Wandering in awe

#9272753 - 11/19/08 03:06 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I have a ringing/buzzing sound in my left ear that rings constantly all day everyday. This is also accompanied by substantial hearing loss in that ear. When things get really quiet I can hear a different tone in the right ear. It is reallllly faint and I didn't notice it until last week. I don't know if it's just one of those things that's been there my whole life and gone unnoticed or what.

The sound I hear in my ears can only be heard by me. I researched Tinnitus, because that's what the doctor said I had, and I read that Gingko Biloba and may help some people with Tinnitus by increasing the blood flow to the brain. From what I heard, the time it takes to "hear" results can vary, anywhere from days, to months, to years. I think that it is less noticeable when I take it, but that's just me.

You can message me about it if it starts to get really annoying, I can tell you more about mine and how to make it quieter =P

--------------------
~Our goal is to discover that we have always been where we ought to be~ Aldous Huxley

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necropolis Flag
Re: My noisy pineal gland [Re: Turky]
    #9272843 - 11/19/08 03:21 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

trying putting a microphone to your head, maybe in your ear, and see if you can record the sound.  I'd think it'd be more of a concern if it's an actual noise, and not just in your head, or a problem with your hearing.

It just seems like there wouldnt be any moving parts in your brain like a hard drive disk spinning or anything?  at least no motion that would create a sound you could hear

Edited by AgingHippy (11/19/08 03:22 PM)

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: My noisy pineal gland [Re: Turky]
    #9272850 - 11/19/08 03:22 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Turky said:
I have a ringing/buzzing sound in my left ear that rings constantly all day everyday. This is also accompanied by substantial hearing loss in that ear. When things get really quiet I can hear a different tone in the right ear. It is reallllly faint and I didn't notice it until last week. I don't know if it's just one of those things that's been there my whole life and gone unnoticed or what.

The sound I hear in my ears can only be heard by me. I researched Tinnitus, because that's what the doctor said I had, and I read that Gingko Biloba and may help some people with Tinnitus by increasing the blood flow to the brain. From what I heard, the time it takes to "hear" results can vary, anywhere from days, to months, to years. I think that it is less noticeable when I take it, but that's just me.

You can message me about it if it starts to get really annoying, I can tell you more about mine and how to make it quieter =P

The ringing means that people are talking about you.  Don't let them in.

You know what to do.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate