Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado, USA Flag
Humbled by DMT (thank you shroomery)
    #9269700 - 11/18/08 10:45 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well ive noticed that thanksgiving is upcoming and i wanted to be the first one here to come out and thank you all at the shroomery from the younge bullshitters to the old and enlightened and especially everyone in between. Because psychedelics are my passion i love having a place to go and relate/educate my interests.

Maybe some of you have noticed i've been posting alot lately especially about dmt, well i don't post much as i tend to be randomly scattered with every habit i have. I feel that these last few nights' trip sessions have led me to a very special realization, i mean it feels like i've had a void my entire teenage years which at this point in my life (19) has just been filled. I feel that others label this void as "depression," i have been seen as a rather depressed teen to some close people. Yet i've never considered myself depressed, at least not in a way which couldn't be cured naturally. Well during these sessions (btw are solo) I've thought much about all the things in my life which do get me down, and found that my social self is actually who i am and it can not be changed, and that any effort i put into changing my social self will only make me more foolish and fake than if id just step back and relax.  The way i've found to socially 'relax' is to only care for those who've earned my respect, but you must have a model in your mind which determines those who lose respect verses those who do not. For a better idea of my last statement i have to point out im basically a nerd. Laugh it up cuz every personality is humorous.

My individual personality feels that only people who respect truth truly deserve respect. Everyone has some type of respect, some people respect bad and some good. Of course everyone has their own idea of right and wrong, or negative and positive with any situation but non the less they do choose whether they will respect the negative or positive they themselves have determined, which is just where karma comes into play.  And without much life experience at all, i think everyone can see karma (good and bad energy) in people or the products of people, to a certain degree; of course less experienced people will react differently, generally; than those who are less experienced because the less experienced aren't always seeking good energy, but EXPERIENCE.

Well im sure i could go on with that for ever, but i haven't really gotten to how this realization has filled my void.

With that realization i am seeking change in the way i've been living my life (socially), no longer do i feel any obligation to waste much time with people i do not respect (those who are fake full of lies and far from truth). By this i don't mean blow off everyone whose dissed me, but allow social situations to arise, and know when to dismiss them. One large step i've made is to quit smoking weed socially, and not allow boredom settle.

So now I hope this shift in my life helps me to be able to meet more people whom i respect and can maybe just maybe trust and love.

--------------------
ProDOPEFiend Diary: (my public diary)

PodCast

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemoe.phan
listening for the secret
Male User Gallery

Loc: searching for the sound
Re: Humbled by DMT (thank you shroomery) [Re: SurReality]
    #9269830 - 11/18/08 11:13 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

self enlightenment is a wonderful thing. keep doing what you know is right for you. my hats off to ya.

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Humbled by DMT (thank you shroomery) [Re: moe.phan]
    #9270842 - 11/19/08 04:57 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

feeling socially obliged sucks

hope this works for you, dude. i just hope you find enough people who your respect and dont end up dissilusioned about humankind :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Humbled by DMT (thank you shroomery) [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9270867 - 11/19/08 05:17 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Through their self-grasping ignorance, people will disappoint you if you have any expectations of them at all.

The best advice I can offer is to always assume "everything is as it should be" based upon each person's karma at the moment.  By that I mean, each person is going through a series of events (life) in which they are "reaping what they have previously sown."  Yourself included.

The interactions with all these personages at any given moment is YOUR karmic experience.  To realize and accept this is to find solace, because in truth, through certain practices you can favorably influence it.  Acts of kindness, speaking and thinking kindly of those around you, giving, dedicating oneself to tasks, and meditation come to mind immediately.

The post you originally wrote, is quite sweet in that it thanks those with whom you have interacted on this board.  You "spoke kindly" and will naturally reap a kindly spoken word from someone in the future.

Thinking and acting in this way you will be a better person, and like yourself all the more.  It becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy!

Be happy and well!!!

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlinemcdonalds_is_fun
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9270910 - 11/19/08 06:04 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for posting this :smile: i can totally relate with basicly everything you have said. i think we must be very similar people.
good that you had some really positive life changing revelations. keep up the evolving.
are you a gemeni by any chance?

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Re: Humbled by DMT (thank you shroomery) [Re: mcdonalds_is_fun]
    #9271113 - 11/19/08 07:20 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

naw ima leo

--------------------

PodCast

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: Humbled by DMT (thank you shroomery) [Re: Nature Boy]
    #9271128 - 11/19/08 07:25 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
Through their self-grasping ignorance, people will disappoint you if you have any expectations of them at all.

The best advice I can offer is to always assume "everything is as it should be" based upon each person's karma at the moment.  By that I mean, each person is going through a series of events (life) in which they are "reaping what they have previously sown."  Yourself included.

The interactions with all these personages at any given moment is YOUR karmic experience.  To realize and accept this is to find solace, because in truth, through certain practices you can favorably influence it.  Acts of kindness, speaking and thinking kindly of those around you, giving, dedicating oneself to tasks, and meditation come to mind immediately.

The post you originally wrote, is quite sweet in that it thanks those with whom you have interacted on this board.  You "spoke kindly" and will naturally reap a kindly spoken word from someone in the future.

Thinking and acting in this way you will be a better person, and like yourself all the more.  It becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy!

Be happy and well!!!

N.B.

Exactly, every moment is perfect. Everyone, everybody, and everything, is perfect, and there is only one thing holding you back, fear. Eliminate all feelings of fear in your life and you will not just move mountains, but ride them:

OfflineForce Ten
Home Will Always Be Here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Elation Station Flag
    #9274625 - 11/19/08 08:02 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:

Be happy and well!!!

N.B.

QFT. Everything you think feel and act all have subtly perceptable (depending on wow mindful one may be) effects on each other.

--------------------

So hear this please
And watch as your heart speeds up endlessly
And look for the stars as the sun goes down
Each breath that you take has a thunderous sound
Everything, everything's magic

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Humbled by DMT (thank you shroomery) [Re: Force Ten]
    #9274655 - 11/19/08 08:07 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Very good posts guys.

Strange,

I just had a complete rush of euphoria,

worlds strange isn't it?

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Offlinesixsystemz
neo
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over here!!
Re: Humbled by DMT (thank you shroomery) [Re: Force Ten]
    #9274696 - 11/19/08 08:13 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

hope everything keeps going well for ya I'm fairly new to the community and so far iv heard some excellent advice from some very cool pepes. :rockon:

--------------------
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. -Albert Einstein

Offlinele0
Stranger
Re: Humbled by DMT (thank you shroomery) [Re: sixsystemz]
    #9275440 - 11/19/08 10:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

DMT is a great way to create and find out new things.

Offlinesuburbanned
Stranger
    #9275470 - 11/19/08 10:23 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sorry, I'm an avid user of LSD and mushies but the way people talk after using DMT even once sounds more like psychosis than enlightenment.

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necropolis Flag
    #9275557 - 11/19/08 10:33 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:

Be happy and well!!!

N.B.

Hitler had millions of people killed and all he got was a bullet in his head and some cyanide in his mouth at the time he desired

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
    #9275621 - 11/19/08 10:40 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Good post OP... I want to try out DMT, I am certain it will really be a humbling time and really amazing.

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

OfflineTastyPop
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cerebral Cortex
Re: Humbled by DMT (thank you shroomery) [Re: andrewss]
    #9275702 - 11/19/08 10:50 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I absolutely love things like this

it was a beautiful post

enlightenment and self respect are two fantastic parts of life

and I really do love this site

I feel like I'm learning more and more the short time I've been here

--------------------
I feel very much like alice.....

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Re: Humbled by DMT (thank you shroomery) [Re: suburbanned]
    #9276023 - 11/19/08 11:46 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

suburbantoker said:
I'm sorry, I'm an avid user of LSD and mushies but the way people talk after using DMT even once sounds more like psychosis than enlightenment.

I have to agree actually, at first i was somewhat offended... but then i thought about the synchronized dmt experiment or what ever, i still can't take it seriously enough to actually consider par taking....
idk alot of people talk about many different psychedelic drugs like its holy water, and alot of ppl respect timothy leary (maybe you do?)...  i say its alright to try everything once or twice for personal experience and then judge the substance, but if your judging the substance from the users of the substance then your judgement is as useful as an uncelebrated scale.

--------------------

PodCast

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: Humbled by DMT (thank you shroomery) [Re: suburbanned]
    #9276214 - 11/20/08 12:14 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

suburbantoker said:

That is because it is the same thing. "Psychotics" are the only sane ones.

Albert Eistein sayed: "One of my greatest challenges is to find out weather it is me, or the rest of the world, who is crazy."

OfflineKupo
Kupop!

#9276516 - 11/20/08 01:23 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SurReality said:
Quote:

suburbantoker said:

I have to agree actually, at first i was somewhat offended... but then i thought about the synchronized dmt experiment or what ever, i still can't take it seriously enough to actually consider par taking....
idk alot of people talk about many different psychedelic drugs like its holy water, and alot of ppl respect timothy leary (maybe you do?)...  i say its alright to try everything once or twice for personal experience and then judge the substance, but if your judging the substance from the users of the substance then your judgement is as useful as an uncelebrated scale.

WORD

Offlinecjmushrooms
Stranger
Re: Humbled by DMT (thank you shroomery) [Re: Kupo]
    #9276545 - 11/20/08 01:28 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

what can anyone tell me about smithii's....are there any dangerous look alikes?

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Humbled by DMT (thank you shroomery) [Re: AgingHippy]
    #9276870 - 11/20/08 04:50 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

teefizzle said:
Hitler had millions of people killed and all he got was a bullet in his head and some cyanide in his mouth at the time he desired

Karmic influences span many/all lifetimes.  If you subscribe to buddhism (I do) karma is quite a complicated subject and is predicated (in part) on the belief in reincarnation.

W/R/T HItler, a buddhist would consider his heinous crimes as dooming him to re-birth into one of the lower realms, filled with suffering and no chance of enlightenment or redemption for many, many, many lifetimes...until the bad karma he created was expended and "paid back."  In the lower realms (like the insect/animal world) you cannot generate good karma you can only expend or consume your accumulated bad karma.

Think of the life of (most) animals.  It is filled with constant fear, unending exposure to the elements, predation by other animals, always searching to quench both hunger and thirst, injury, fleas, etc., etc.

You can rest assured that Hitler, for MANY, MANY, MANY  lifetimes will be suffering in direct proportion to the misery he caused.  Karma is not as simple a concept as you suppose.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order