Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: What's everyone up to tonight? (also a rant...) [Re: trendal]
    #15884648 - 03/01/12 08:27 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I love bumps like these.  Nice flashback.  I still personally believe what I said.  I'm glad I do. 

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Wendell Austin and The Country Swings- LSD

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: What's everyone up to tonight? (also a rant...) [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #15885182 - 03/01/12 12:06 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I'm behind you 100%!! What I have found, in the years since my original post, is that it is this unwillingness to see the truth of our interconnected nature that probably results in all the "evil" in this world.

The few times I have had this discussion with friends, they all looked at me like I was nuts, and then changed the subject :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #15885806 - 03/01/12 02:48 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Absolutely.  If we all saw each other as another part of ourselves, things would be completely different.  You wouldn't do something "evil" to yourself.  It's the truth, but it's a scary truth, which is why people don't want to hear it. 

Imagine, if you really think about it, if we're all one, then you are the person who you can't stand.  You are the disgusting, annoying person you don't want to be around.  You are the murderer, the rapist, the DEA agent, the child molester.  You are everything you love and hate.  That's a very scary thought.  Especially if you've thought of yourself as a single person/soul your entire life.  I think people know it deep down, so when they hear someone say it, they want to hear it because they know that it will turn their entire world upside down.  And people are having a hard enough time dealing with life as it is. 

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Wendell Austin and The Country Swings- LSD

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: What's everyone up to tonight? (also a rant...) [Re: trendal] * 1
    #15885878 - 03/01/12 03:11 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
wow :eek:

Almost a decade later...I've been near death, found my other half, had a son, got married, and who knows what else!

When reading my original post, I'm not filled with the nostalgia that I would expect! Why would I want to go back to that person? Was it really me? I still agree with most of what I said...perhaps not how I said it, but it still rings true to me.

The girlfriend I don't speak to. Not because of any animosity...I've just lost touch. The two friends that I mention are now unknown to me. I have my suspicions on who they are, but those two people are very far from me, now. One is in Australia, though I got to see him for a short visit over christmas. The other may be somewhere out west...I'm not sure though. I've only spoken to her a handful of times since late 2003. Something tells me I'm right, about who they are, and that they have remembered.

I have not said those words to anyone in many years. I live by example, and can only hope that some small part of who I am rubs off on those around me.

PS - thanks, LloydChristmas, your thread about reading old posts is a good one!

:hug: Could you have imagined that any of this would come to pass back then?

Life is beautiful.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #24659424 - 09/25/17 06:51 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

It's been 15 years now, since that night. I can still remember where I was and what I was doing as I made my post. I know where my head was, more importantly. Fresh with the realization that We are all One and more than a little high, I can really see how I would make this post. I still would...although it would obviously be different, a decade and a half later. There is much more acceptance now, in the way I interact with the world.

But there's still that longing...c'est la vie :rastamon:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order