Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: growth on agar question...color change?
    #92610 - 02/19/00 12:32 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

You could always dig a hole, mix topsoil
and manure together, dump it in the hole,
cover it with a layer of topsoil and squirt
some spores down in there (on a sunny day).

Isn't that how it works in nature?
Just an idea...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#92612 - 02/19/00 02:34 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Hey BoO, how's it going. I have grown out a lot on agar. I am growing out Ecuador righ now on Malt agar. It is covering about 1/4" surface area (in a radial fashion) per day. So I would say yes, very vigorous. I had a mexi cub strain that would cover a petri dish in three days flat. It's a great way to expand your mycelium for either wedge or liquid innoculation techniques. The other huge advantage is that you can visualy see the growth rate of your cultures and pick one that is most vigourous. This results in faster colonizing and large fruit bodies in my experience. I can send you a scan of my plates if you like.

Anonymous

#92613 - 02/19/00 02:36 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry I forgot about this part.

About the bluing, it is quite common for the mycelium to blue if either it is injured or if it is lacking O2.

OfflineDan
    #92614 - 02/19/00 03:12 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Hey BoO! I have never seen what you have described, but then I dont use petris. I mainly use baby food jars. Bluing would tend to make me think that is has been physically damaged in some way. 02 levels are complacently important when talking colonization. The only time a fungus really needs lots of O2 is when fruiting is to be induced. I have never had a problem with lack of airation when colonizing agar. Did you drop the plate or something?

Anonymous

#92615 - 02/19/00 05:30 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Dan, you basically repeated what I said. Injury, typically causes bluing. However starving (I didn't say "lots") of 02 (an unlikely cause in this instance) will also cause bluing. Try sealing a colonizing mason some time and you will see, hence filter disks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains