Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Will drugs ever be legal in Cananda? USA?(ha) [Re: Rono]
    #944554 - 10/09/02 06:19 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

since the U.S. has such influence over Canada the issue has been put on the back burner for now.

lol
i remember the throne speach
andrian clarckson said that they would look at the possible decriminalization of marijuana.
She said this near the end, at the end of a paragraph, and in french
I think that's about as backburner as it gets
Jean Cretien wants this kyoto accord to be his legacy and thats where all his cash (where is he getting it froM??) is going.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Will drugs ever be legal in Cananda? USA?(ha) [Re: blink]
    #944837 - 10/09/02 08:42 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

I think that's about as backburner as it gets

The fact that they even mentioned decriminalization at all shows that it is important on the Liberal's agenda. Usually they make vague references and hints about what they are planning on doing. Very rarely do they mention a topic specifically.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
Re: Will drugs ever be legal in Cananda? USA?(ha) [Re: trendal]
    #954042 - 10/12/02 02:13 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"criteria for a pot license would be on par with a drivers license, and LSD would be on par with the requirements for a license to fly an airplane."

Thatll never work. Sure most people will apply for a license before driving, but few people will bother when it comes to drugs, Theyll just buy from their licensed friends and share the weed, trip. and its not likley that theyll be ratted out by a friend.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Will drugs ever be legal in Cananda? USA?(ha) [Re: LSAuser]
    #954351 - 10/12/02 03:53 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I can't see a licensing system working too well for drugs at the consumer end. It would just make a black-market for unlicensed drugs, and we're right back to where we are now.

I think anyone should have the right to use whatever drug they wish, so long as they do not harm anyone else. I'm in favor of strict laws concerning violent crimes which involve drug use, possibly more strict with harsher penalties than violent crime without drug use.

Drugs themselves are not "bad" or "good", they are only chemicals. People are bad and people are good. I hate when people say things like "coke should be illegal, because it makes people commit violent crimes". Coke doesn't make a person do anything. A person has the choice to use coke or not, and the have the choice to hurt someone or not. So the emphasis of the law should be placed on people and not drugs themselves. If a person commits a violent crime then it is their own fault and they deserve to be punished for their crime.

Trying to put the blame on the drugs by making them illegal does absolutely nothing at all except harm a large number of peaceful and otherwise law-abiding citizens.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom