Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVermonster420
I gotta have more cowbell !
 User Gallery

Loc: Standin' On the Moon
Re: (UPDATED PICS _ PINS GALORE) 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: CappyGilmore]
    #9113985 - 10/22/08 02:27 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CappyGilmore said:
i just harvested the mature half, for 65g fresh, used a 6 g cap for a spore print, and took 10 gs fresh to try the new bounty and had a hell of a good time!!! i took lots of pics ill upload soon, and about to harvest the second half of the first flush.

The FNG (Fuckin new guy) is hard to understand because he harvest HALF of the first flush at 65g fresh.  If we were to assume the second HALF of the flush was at least 65g then we have 130g fresh drying to a total first flush total dry weight of 29g which is still not CRACKER dry but closer to the truth than the BS everyone was thinking.

--------------------
To thine own self be true.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.
Ass...it's the NEW pussy!
"Gungah-DeGungah"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebillyboy36
Stranger
Loc: Canada
Re: (UPDATED PICS _ PINS GALORE) 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: Juke Adro]
    #9113988 - 10/22/08 02:29 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

lol. it's not nice to assume how many grows a member has done.  :wink: You can greatly reduce the number of FAE's by simply adding micropore taped holes in your FC and lids with a fan system circulating in the room your tubs are in 24/7 and rotating your tubs 180 degrees once a day to allow for both ends to receive the same air current.  Just takes a little tweaking of the number of holes to get a nice balance of FA intake and exhaust while maintaining the correct rh.  Allowing for minimal full-on exchanges by manual fanning.

you can also take the lids off your FC for an hour a day mid fruiting giving them a shot of FA that increases growth dramatically in the last few days of a flush.

Edited by billyboy36 (10/22/08 02:33 AM)

OfflineJuke Adro
I love peach fluff
 User Gallery

Loc: Inside your head
Re: (UPDATED PICS _ PINS GALORE) 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: billyboy36]
    #9114008 - 10/22/08 02:36 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I estimate you are on you second if your using micropore tape :lol: JK

--------------------
Someone said:  im actually not using ms, im using prints.
Trade List

Invisiblebillyboy36
Stranger
Re: (UPDATED PICS _ PINS GALORE) 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: billyboy36]
    #9114013 - 10/22/08 02:40 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

lol funny guy.

OfflineCappyGilmore
RcK'inRouNdtheClock

Re: (UPDATED PICS _ PINS GALORE) 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: Vermonster420]
    #9114887 - 10/22/08 10:48 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Vermonster420 said:
Quote:

CappyGilmore said:
i just harvested the mature half, for 65g fresh, used a 6 g cap for a spore print, and took 10 gs fresh to try the new bounty and had a hell of a good time!!! i took lots of pics ill upload soon, and about to harvest the second half of the first flush.

The FNG (Fuckin new guy) is hard to understand because he harvest HALF of the first flush at 65g fresh.  If we were to assume the second HALF of the flush was at least 65g then we have 130g fresh drying to a total first flush total dry weight of 29g which is still not CRACKER dry but closer to the truth than the BS everyone was thinking.

sorry i didnt clarify, the whole first flush weighed out to about 270 g fresh. the second half of the first flush was pretty hefty once i let them all mature

OfflineCappyGilmore
RcK'inRouNdtheClock

Re: (UPDATED PICS _ PINS GALORE) 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: CappyGilmore]
    #9137381 - 10/26/08 04:02 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

as promised these are the pics from my first flush

^ TOP VIEW OF THE 1ST FLUSH

^Another View

^before harvest, right at full maturation, they are really cool looking when fully open. lots of different hues of orange, red, and browns

^the first, smaller, half of the 1st flush

^The 2nd half of the first flush

OfflineCappyGilmore
RcK'inRouNdtheClock

#9137404 - 10/26/08 04:09 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i harvested the second flush today, it was less than impressive, i got about 1/5 the mushrooms of the first flush. these were larger and had bigger stems, but disappointing nonetheless.

to prepare the second i let it rest for a couple days, to "dry out" in a sense, to about 65%rh for a few days, then dunked it, respread the casing soil, and put back into the fruiting conditions, but it did notice that the casing soil was looking kinda dry, but i didnt want to mist and abort the pins growing..

i guess ill try misting better this time

OfflineCappyGilmore
RcK'inRouNdtheClock

#9137451 - 10/26/08 04:17 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

on a side note, i did really like this strain!!! :mushroom2:
(on a 15g fresh and 18g fresh)

it was a very smooth trip, almost unnoiticable to other around me, i was very coherent but definately tripping and saying some strange things. to me it seemed mainly a visual strain and a great mellow happy feeling, comes on in strong waves, but nothing ever too overwhelming.
very visual, great play on the eyes, not too much mind fuck, or 'loops'.
no real body load, but gave a great body buzz, and tingles. definately one of my kinds of trips..

i have also heard from my buddy who ate 4.5g dry, that he had a mind blowing out of body experience and an incredible spiritual trip, with amazing visuals

InvisibleCultivate

Re: (UPDATED PICS _ PINS GALORE) 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* *DELETED* [Re: CappyGilmore]
    #9138067 - 10/26/08 06:01 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Cultivate

Reason for deletion: .

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: (UPDATED PICS _ PINS GALORE) 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: Cultivate]
    #9138225 - 10/26/08 06:31 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psillycake said:
I have grown enough to know that a cubie is NOT a cubie.

I think that saying is just about the growing parameters - temps and stuff, ya kno.. Not about the "trip", which would definitely vary I would think..

Offlinespikey007
Mr. Friendly
Male

Re: (UPDATED PICS _ PINS GALORE) 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: J3illy]
    #9138561 - 10/26/08 07:28 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

ok so let me get this str8. U colonized 5lbs of horse poo with a 1 pint BRF CAKE?? So its possible to colonize 5lbs of coir? with 1 pint BRF cake??

--------------------
:mushroom2:I love MUSHROOMS:mushroom2:

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: (UPDATED PICS _ PINS GALORE) 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: spikey007]
    #9138597 - 10/26/08 07:33 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It's possible - but the time it would take to colonize would be longer, and longer would prob mean more succeptible to contams... Just think, all it really takes is 2 spores to colonize a jar..

OfflineCappyGilmore
RcK'inRouNdtheClock

Re: (UPDATED PICS _ PINS GALORE) 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: spikey007]
    #9139259 - 10/26/08 09:44 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

spikey007 said:
ok so let me get this str8. U colonized 5lbs of horse poo with a 1 pint BRF CAKE?? So its possible to colonize 5lbs of coir? with 1 pint BRF cake??

ya i did, it was actually compost from mycopath. but ya it worked and mush faster than i anticipated it to...

i got lucky in the sense that i did get any contams any it worked well, not adviseable though. way to low spawn to substrate ratio..

--------------------

OfflineCappyGilmore
RcK'inRouNdtheClock

Re: PICS 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: CappyGilmore]
    #9183464 - 11/04/08 04:23 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

well i somehow screwed the 3rd flush??? i only had three pins like a week and a half after dunking.. i still think there;s quite a bit of nutes left, so i took the substrate, removed all the pins, poured into a larger tub, crushed up and, basically spawned, the remaining to a 5lb manure grow bag (got on ebay) and mixed to essentially a new 10lb grow, with prob 1/4 - 1/3 of the first 5 lbs spent.. well see how it turns out..

and the small container i originally had it in i have replaced with a batch of WBS to HPoo B+ now that im kinda getting the hang of it..

i feel that the "New" batch of mexis will grow much better in this larger tub, more surface area, plus it is made in monotub style, so hopefully i have less probs with FAE this time

Invisiblebillyboy36
Stranger

Re: PICS 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: CappyGilmore]
    #9183719 - 11/04/08 05:06 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

well, spawning to the new substrate with the old one probably isn't going to turn out all that great.  Especially since you didn't add any new high nute spawn and it was spent spawn at that.  Good luck though, let us know how it goes.

You'll have better results with a higher spawn ratio.  How much wbs did you use in the new tub?

OfflineCappyGilmore
RcK'inRouNdtheClock

Re: PICS 1st grow, need advice: Case or let run? *Mexi-Cub Spawn run pics* [Re: billyboy36]
    #9186305 - 11/04/08 11:29 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

billyboy36 said:
well, spawning to the new substrate with the old one probably isn't going to turn out all that great.  Especially since you didn't add any new high nute spawn and it was spent spawn at that.  Good luck though, let us know how it goes.

You'll have better results with a higher spawn ratio.  How much wbs did you use in the new tub?

2 1/2 quarts of colonized from the same myc i added to them back before the grow started.. a sort of G2G transfer, but with colonized compost to WBS, worked great

--------------------

OfflineCappyGilmore
RcK'inRouNdtheClock

#9255357 - 11/16/08 03:12 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

My most recent grow - did B+

CHECK IT OUT!!!! 796 g's fresh off of the 1st Flush!!!!!

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/9255345/an/0/page/0

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds