Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepooferchief420
Stranger
TOO HOT??
    #925352 - 10/02/02 05:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I am a new grower and I recently birthed my cakes into my fruiting chamber and have run into a couple of problems. I am using a 10 gal aq. perlite and two mason jars filled with water and a bubbler for humidity. (my thought was this would help increase hum. and give some air exchange at the same time) I also have the tank sitting on a heating pad that I can turn off and on as needed. The problem I run into is that the perlite does not seem to be creating enough humidity unless I turn on the heating pad. When I do this I get plenty of condensation on the walls of my chamber but the temp. stabalizes around 84-86 degress. I have about a two inch layer of perlite and about a 3/4 inch of water. all of the perlite is damp. I placed my cakes in the fridge for about 6 hours before placing them in the chamber. It has only been 3 days and I have been getting a lot of fuzzy mycelial growth on the cakes but no pins yet. I know optimal temp for the cakes is mid to high 70's so I guess my question is will my cakes still pin at these higher temps or does anyone know what I am doing wrong and how I can get the perlite to work without the heating pad?

Any help is greaty appreciated

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: TOO HOT?? [Re: pooferchief420]
    #925390 - 10/02/02 05:38 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Your perlite is working just fine. When you heat the interior of your grow chamber the moisture naturally condenses on the cooler walls of the chamber. The humidty is not going up, it is simply condensing more readily.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: TOO HOT?? [Re: dog]
    #925614 - 10/02/02 06:45 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Almost all cheap digital (under $30) and old school hydrometers dont measure high rH well, i know mine kept reading 60% until i borrowed my friends expensive one. Id try to keep the temperatures lower because odds are your rH is fine!

Other than that sounds like your cakes are doing good!
Fd :smile: 

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation