Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Substance Wasn't Uranium
    #921604 - 10/01/02 03:23 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

THE WORLD
Substance Wasn't Uranium
From Associated Press

ANKARA, Turkey -- Atomic energy officials said Monday that a substance seized by police near the Syrian border was not weapons-grade uranium as Turkish authorities first reported, according to the state-run Anatolian news agency.

Atomic Energy Institute chief Guler Koksal said the material was harmless, containing zinc, iron, zirconium and manganese.

The announcement ended days of speculation that the substance might have been destined for neighboring Iraq, which the United States accuses of trying to smuggle in nuclear material for a secret weapons program.

Police, acting on a tip, recovered the material in a taxi last week near the Syrian border. Two Turks who were trying to sell the material as uranium were released from custody.

The seizure alarmed intelligence agencies around the world when the Turkish police at first said it weighed 33 pounds. On Sunday, police said the material weighed only 5 ounces. The disparity occurred because authorities initially included the weight of the lead container.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Substance Wasn't Uranium [Re: GabbaDj]
    #921693 - 10/01/02 04:43 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What a surprise!

The main thing is the american media have terrified the public with this story. The fact that it wasn't uranium won't get any coverage so the propaganda exercise has been a success.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Re: Substance Wasn't Uranium [Re: Xlea321]
    #921763 - 10/01/02 05:18 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I thought the same thing when I read it...

Its on like the 12th page of the daily paper and the article is only 2 x 6 inches and hidden on a page with a bunch of shit. When I read the paper I first go through and read all the headlines, then go and read the articles I want to. This one caught my eye right away.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Substance Wasn't Uranium [Re: GabbaDj]
    #922041 - 10/01/02 08:49 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmm... there is a suspicious lack of people from the thread accusing Iraq of this. No-one cares to take back their statements?

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Substance Wasn't Uranium [Re: Rono]
    #922520 - 10/01/02 11:55 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I didn't comment on this earlier because stories often change in the several days following.

Having said that, just because this turned out to be incorrect, doesn't mean that uranium isn't, or hasn't been smuggled in. Hopefully the world won't find out the hard way that it has.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Substance Wasn't Uranium [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #923674 - 10/01/02 06:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

That really isn't the point. The point is that a lie has been successfully propagated into the population to whip them up into supporting bombing Iraq.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#924228 - 10/02/02 03:47 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

1. I never claimed any type of point.
2. It was the people who seized the "uranium" who made any claims as to what it was.
3. You throw the word lie out rather quickly. Not surprising though.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #924661 - 10/02/02 10:41 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

1) So what was the "This does not mean Uranium hasn't been smuggled in.." bit about? Was that an attempt at a point or not?

2) Yes, and the people said it wasn't Uranium. The media didn't wait for this to become apparant. Why?

3) The media said uranium had been found - uranium hadn't been found. On the planet earth that's usually known as a lie. What is it known as on your planet?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#925298 - 10/02/02 03:12 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

1. It means I don't know if it's been smuggled in or not.

2. Because each paper or TV network wants to be the first with each and every story. I suspect you would criticize them no matter what they did. (unless of course it was to badmouth the US in which case I believe you'd be dancing with joy.)

3. The media reports what it is told. Do you think for a moment they were given a chunk to analyze? It was believed at the time that is was uranium. In the part of the world I'm from it means they were wrong. I guess in the part of the world where people have their heads up their ass, it's automatically called a lie.

Your talking about 3rd world people who may or may not have the training to know what the substance was. Perhaps the container had radiation markings on it, perhaps the arresting parties had an old cheesy geiger counter. There are numerous reasons a mistake like that could be made. Should they have been sure of what they had before making an announcement? Of course. Do people always think before speaking? No, look at you for example.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #925559 - 10/02/02 04:29 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

And you really believe that the timing of this story is just pure coincidence right? In the week the US is trying desperately to whip up support to bomb Iraq a story comes out in all the american press about Uranium being found at the border?

That's just coincidence right? What a sharp grasp of affairs you display.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
    #925763 - 10/02/02 05:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Turkey intercepted smugglers selling REAL uranium to an undercover cop last year. We didn't hear about it because it wasn't "important" then. We heard about it this time because it sells print!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#926023 - 10/02/02 07:07 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

That's just coincidence right?

Not having your all knowing, all seeing powers, I don't have any way of answering that.

Perhaps since more people are looking for this type of thing, more mistakes will be made.

Hey since you know everything, both what has passed and what is yet to come.... how about telling me what next weeks winning Powerball Lottery will be?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Substance Wasn't Uranium [Re: Frog31337]
    #926049 - 10/02/02 07:14 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Very good... I had forgotten all about that.

Yo Al, here's a link you'll love.

11:24 2001-11-09

URANIUM SOLD IN TURKEY

Two men arrested in Istanbul for selling weapons-grade uranium claim the source was a Russian.

The men claim to have bought the kilogram of uranium from a Russian man some months before. Examinations on the substance show that it is enriched, weapons-grade uranium.

Undercover agents had been tracking the men, who were arrested at the moment they attempted to sell it for 750,000 USD.

In a similar incident in August, 6 people were arrested for selling nuclear substances. These incidents give rise to fears that Al Qaeda could already have obtained nuclear material in the same way.

Timofei BYELO
PRAVDA.Ru

http://english.pravda.ru/hotspots/2001/11/09/20451.html

--------------------

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

#926709 - 10/02/02 10:42 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmmm... I wonder who is right...

LaTimes (yah sure)

Or your source... Weather or not the sources are correct or not.. Every inspection agentcy in the world agrees. They all confiscate weapons grade uranium at some point or another... This stuff is sold on the open back market like butter and lard is sold to the US...

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #926931 - 10/02/02 11:53 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Not having your all knowing, all seeing powers, I don't have any way of answering that.

You don't need all-knowing powers, just a basic understanding of propaganda techniques and history. Try reading a book one day.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

- Hermann Goering

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#927619 - 10/03/02 03:57 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Al, your insults are as lame as your reasoning.

I feel sorry for you. If your idea of books to read left me so distrustful that my very first thought was that everything I heard was a lie, I'll pass on those.

As for telling me to read a book one day... well I'm not going to get into a statement as foolish as that.

Grow up man, it'll do you good.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #928146 - 10/03/02 09:59 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

A story comes out saying there's weapons grade uranium at the border of Iraq in the same week the US are trying to force the UN into approving an invasion. Call me cynical but i don't think that's coincidence.

For someone who loves shrooms so much you're awfully bad-tempered luvdem.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#929394 - 10/03/02 06:54 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Since you don't know me I'm sure you won't believe this, but you have yet to see me bad tempered.

And I think I may already have called you cynical.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #930437 - 10/03/02 11:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

but you have yet to see me bad tempered.

I'm not holding my breath  :laugh:

And I think I may already have called you cynical.

When it comes to dealing with murderous thugs like Bush it pays to be a little cynical. Believing every word your government tells you isn't healthy.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#931132 - 10/04/02 03:54 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

Believing every word your government tells you isn't healthy.

And for you to assume I do is beyond foolish.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder