Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLndrydusting
Forever new. . .
Female User Gallery

Really shitty week at the restaurant...
    #9245644 - 11/14/08 06:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

So far this week I've been yelled at for seating someone a second single even though there was no where else to put them and no one else who had an empty table,

Yelled at yet again by the same person when all I asked was if I could help her get drinks for any tables (when we were busy)

and then while waitressing I got stiffed on a $40 bill at my 1 of five tables for the night because the guy ended up gatting takeout since his family never showed up,

I had to dig through the trash (3 different cans) 3 times because somebody'd kid is an idiot and left their retainer in a napkin on their plate and it got thrown away. The mother was a bitch too when she came back. She actually asked us why we didn't look through napkins before throwing them away (as if we knew something would be in there) and then got pissed off when I didnt find it the first two times of looking through the trash!

And then someone fucking stole money out of the host tip jar and I was the one who ended up Fucked out of $10 because I wasn't greedy and didn't take it at the end of my shift and decided to wait until the next time I came in to get it (the closer leaves an envelope for the people who didn't take their tips)! The manager is like well there was at least one of you at the host stand the whole time so people couldn't just take the money... so basically there is nothing she can do and Im shit out of luck!

I really fucking hate working in a restaurant somedays!

Sorry just needed to vent like I said just a shitty week!

--------------------

Edited by Lndrydusting (11/14/08 06:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Really shitty week at the restaurant... [Re: Lndrydusting]
    #9245648 - 11/14/08 06:41 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I suggest start acting like a dick more often.

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#9245768 - 11/14/08 07:04 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Lndrydusting said:
So far this week I've been yelled at for seating someone a second single even though there was no where else to put them and no one else who had an empty table,

Yelled at yet again by the same person when all I asked was if I could help her get drinks for any tables (when we were busy)

and then while waitressing I got stiffed on a $40 bill at my 1 of five tables for the night because the guy ended up gatting takeout since his family never showed up,

I had to dig through the trash (3 different cans) 3 times because somebody'd kid is an idiot and left their retainer in a napkin on their plate and it got thrown away. The mother was a bitch too when she came back. She actually asked us why we didn't look through napkins before throwing them away (as if we knew something would be in there) and then got pissed off when I didnt find it the first two times of looking through the trash!

And then someone fucking stole money out of the host tip jar and I was the one who ended up Fucked out of $10 because I wasn't greedy and didn't take it at the end of my shift and decided to wait until the next time I came in to get it (the closer leaves an envelope for the people who didn't take their tips)! The manager is like well there was at least one of you at the host stand the whole time so people couldn't just take the money... so basically there is nothing she can do and Im shit out of luck!

I really fucking hate working in a restaurant somedays!

Sorry just needed to vent like I said just a shitty week!

i just got fired from Buca Di Beppo. I swear, they have to be the silliest place to work, as they dont practice what they preach about teamwork, respect, having a good sense of humour.

this manager (mary) who ran the Buca up in Denver (the one that closed down, probably because she sucks as a manager) is pretty worthless dead weight at the one in Littleton I worked at.

They have 5 tests in 6 days plus a final test, on every last damn thing in every sauce, only to change it a month later, and throw another test at you, which 7 people flunked, (well duh)

and then wonder why i dont know how to do the sidework, or know how to make a cappucino, or know about their 58 wines, etc.

Half the time I have do well and half the time when certain people are working its a nightmare. You leave pissed off and make no money.

or you are on for an hour and are cut. its not even worth my gas!

they this guy Walsh, whos a total tool, i guess hes a manager but hes like the head chef, and does expoing. he has his head up his ass about stuff, thinking i can see the ticket on his side during the food running shift, or asking me about foods the second day i was there that i havent even covered.

then when my table asked for a creamy spicy sauce, i said i could do it, knowing they have a spicy sauce, and that they make their rosa sauce by adding cream to the marinara.

i asked him for a creamy spicy sauce. hes supposed to be a chef and says "we dont have one" so i told him to throw cream in the arrabiata (the spicy one) and he says its creamy enough and that it will do. (its chunky and not creamy at all. a server runs it out to the table for me, and sure enough, its not correct. walsh puts the cream in it and its perfect. but im the idiot!

i feel like they just have no concept of common sense and logic.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #9246037 - 11/14/08 08:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:hug:

It will all be ok

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Really shitty week at the restaurant... [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #9246105 - 11/14/08 08:17 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Go to school to be a Nurses Assistant... you'd probably start at over $15 an hour... less headaches, more reliable paychecks too.

Change your career. You can do it.

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Really shitty week at the restaurant... [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #9246785 - 11/14/08 10:21 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Welcome to the restaurant work...

Hint Dont take it home..

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlineray40cal
omnitrippint
Male User Gallery

Loc: midwest side
Re: Really shitty week at the restaurant... [Re: Brainiac]
    #9246799 - 11/14/08 10:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Fuck all that. You sound to ethical to be doin that job. Get greedier or else you'll remain the lowest rung of the job. Take some shit, money and food. It's no big deal if they catch you. Just beat their faces in and lie on your resume.  Sad thing is i'm being dead serial.

Get that money because nobody, even your coworkers, will help you get any. Your boss doesn't even want to toss you any coins i garuntee it. Be more agressive.

--------------------

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Really shitty week at the restaurant... [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #9246811 - 11/14/08 10:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry about your bad experience there, but Buca is my favorite restaurant to eat at. I love their tiramisu most.

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Loc: new new england
    #9246898 - 11/14/08 10:57 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Get a real job.  You're going to school right? I hope. 

I tended bar at a high end fancy italian restaurant for six months.  For the most part I was treated with respect (people tend not to fuck with the bartender).  But within the staff there was so much drama and conflict.  One night, during peak hours with a fully packed dining room, two of the waitresses (who had been beefing since they met) got into a screaming match.  They completely disrupted all the customers meals and had no regard for the reputation of the restaurant.  I don't think many of the customers who were there that night ever came back. One of the girls quit and burned out of the parking lot, tires screeching and smoking.  I can't believe the other waitress didn't get fired right there on the spot, but they needed her that night, what with all the customers.  There were always at least two or three beefs happening between staff members at any given time.  I was the only person who got along with everyone, but it sucked ass because they kinda forced me to be an intermediary for them, and they all expected me to take their side and back them up.  People who work waitstaff can be so inconsiderate sometimes.

Quote:

mushroomhunter10 said:
Change your career. You can do it.

Working as a waitress is not a career.  I know a couple of older women (40 something, old for a waitress anyway) who are "career waitresses".  They're sisters and look exactly alike, but they say they're not twins.  Anyway, they're usually working at three, sometimes four restaurants at a time. And they still barely make enough money to survive on.  I'm pretty sure they make just over minimum wage so they really count on getting tips.  They're roommates and share a pretty crappy little apartment. Both of them look a lot older than they are, I don't know if its from working constantly, or smoking cigarettes constantly. lol they look and act so stereotypical.

Edited by BoneMan (11/14/08 11:03 PM)

OfflineTomInWonderland
Just here to help out
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Really shitty week at the restaurant... [Re: BoneMan]
    #9247320 - 11/15/08 01:28 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Work is work to pay the bills right now. Keep at it and always remember that there is always someone at at your job who is more interested is what you are doing than their own tasks.

OfflineLndrydusting
Forever new. . .
Female User Gallery

Re: Really shitty week at the restaurant... [Re: TomInWonderland]
    #9247947 - 11/15/08 08:15 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

In Mass and NH waitressing fall around $2.38 an hour. Its far less than regular minimum wage.

And mushroomhunter10 is not my career... nor do I wish to go into nursing. Thats what what my sister is doing and Im not that kind of people person. You have to be a certain type of person to do that.

Im only 22 years old,I don't have kids, I don't have any other huge responsibilities and I have time to find a career. I do however want to go into management rather than waitressing.

I can understand the whole waitresses making just ends meat right now... But I think a lot of waitresses bitch about not making any money because they are used to making more so the spend more in their daily lives. Thats how it is at my restaurant right now. Im just glad I get to bounce around different positions in the restaurant throughout the week. I couldn't do the same thing everyday!

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Really shitty week at the restaurant... [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #9248066 - 11/15/08 09:09 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
I suggest start acting like a dick more often.

there is some truth to this. restaurant workers are vindictive and unrepentant. most of them are smart and know how to get ahead, they just don't have the resources to be working a better job.

how many hours a week do you get waitressing? serving tables was one of the most stressful jobs i ever did. i liked it cause it's fast paced and tips can be awesome, but when something goes wrong it's usually not a little ketchup on the shirt. things come crashing down and there is lots of bullshit to put up with.

if there's an opening in your kitchen, i would try to get some hours doing prep or even line cooking. it's a great way to supplement your check.

i worked at a restaurant for a little over a year, ended up serving, bartending, cooking, and cleaning 2 mornings a week. my checks were in the $500 range and i still got rockin tips.
it's also a good way to jump to managing, which i would've done but the whole time i worked there, i was planning on moving away to go back to school, so they didn't want to get too reliant on me.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Really shitty week at the restaurant... [Re: Hendostan]
    #9248611 - 11/15/08 11:19 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Dish washing is a easy way to get money....

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

OfflineLndrydusting
Forever new. . .
Female User Gallery

Re: Really shitty week at the restaurant... [Re: Brainiac]
    #9250865 - 11/15/08 06:28 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Not in this restaurant! The dish crew do so much its not even funny! They even have to come in and do night and morning cleanings now (including the bathroom) because the management wants to save money and the shit of it all is that they don't pay them anymore for doing it! Fuck that!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals