Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblazed123
Bing

Salvia Strain Potency Comparison
    #9035623 - 10/06/08 02:31 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

This is by no means official, with more testing needed, but I thought I'd share. 

Having both Hoffman/Wasson and Blosser plants I decided to do a comparison.  One plant of each strain was situated in the ground right next to each other and allowed to grow for the entire summer.  The (large) leaves were picked on the same day and dried side by side in ambient light on a drying rack.  Both strains had similar size leaves and appeared in top health.

I was curious if there would be any noticeable difference in the effects of the two strains.  Roughly equal quantities of leaf were used for each trial, although a milligram scale would have helped provide a more accurate test.  With both subjects, the blosser strain was smoked first through a water pipe, with the entire quantity being consumed in a single hit and held.  The subjects waited approx. 10-15 minutes until the feelings had subsided before going on to the hoffman wasson leaf.  The same procedure was repeated.  Both subjects noticed a difference in that the hoffman wasson strain was significantly stronger. 

The results of this were certainly unexpected but could have been influenced by the order the two strains were used if unnoticed residual effects of the blosser had an influence on the experience with the hoffman/wasson strain. 

However, it should be noted that a subsequent test with a mixed bag of some older, less healthy leaf collected at different times proved to be weaker than both initial tests.  This is despite residual effects that might have been present form the previous TWO experiences.  It should also be noted that a second experience with the hoffman wasson (perfromed after the mixed leaf) using one of the subjects was still significantly more intense than the initial blosser test.

I'd be interested in repeating this with the order of the strains reversed. 

Has anyone else done any similar comparisons?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChasin
Stranger

Re: Salvia Strain Potency Comparison [Re: blazed123]
    #9250336 - 11/15/08 04:40 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Scientific comparison of the potency of Hoffman & Wasson vs. Blosser (palatable) has been done before. See http://sagewisdom.org/phytochemical.html and scroll to Table 1.

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Salvia Strain Potency Comparison [Re: Chasin]
    #9250423 - 11/15/08 04:57 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I have blosser strain, and one hit of plain leaf usually gets me pretty decently ripped.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds