Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: MYCO MACHINE
    #92491 - 02/11/00 03:25 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Never used this tek, but always wanted to. Key thing is not to liquify it. More than 5 sec. in a high speed blender will fragment the mycelium beyond the point where it will recover. You could probably achieve comparable results by placing some sterile water (maybe 1/4 full in a jar), some chards of broken glass (also sterile) and your agar disk with mycelium. Then shake the hell out of it and voila, get a large guage syringe and get suckin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #92493 - 02/12/00 04:08 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I've used it plenty, above is correct, don't overblend. Bonus though is that with shaking teks, my syringe always clogs. Never happens when using the good ol mycomachine. Your contam rate is entirely personal. Compared to my other contam rates, the mycomachine can be as sterile as you can. IOW, your contams introduced through the mycomachine process will probably less of a problem than those introduced at other states such as agar colonization or substrate innoculation.

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisiblePrellgott
addict
    #92494 - 02/12/00 04:23 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

try like Dirtydog described. The belender Tek sounds cool but too difficult, try Old Lazlos EZ Mycelium Tek...I opened A thread about this in basic cultivation.....
its very easy and reliabel and you don`t need expensive gadgets

------------------
I am back with a
vengeance
don`t dare to
call me a junior or
I`ll kick your virtual
ass.....

[This message has been edited by Prellgott (edited February 12, 2000).]

--------------------
i'm back

Anonymous

#92495 - 02/12/00 01:17 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

MUCH APPRICIATED!
THANX ALOT

OfflinePsilowarrior
enthusiast
    #92496 - 02/12/00 01:22 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Have used the broken glass technique with the addition of .15% H202. Works great! Can get messy if you don't wait for the H2O2 to be broken down because if you slurp it into the syringe while it's still bubbling the syringe will leak.

Anonymous

#92497 - 02/12/00 02:07 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Mycofile, if you use the correct guage of syrine (18 or larger) you should have no problems with clogging. And if you do, you just push the plunger back down a bit and then continue. I wouldn't do the blender thing unless I had a dedicated blender resevoir. Using a food one is just way too prone to problems.

If any of you guys are loaded just buy an Eberbach and a high speed blender base. Even has a metal resevoir so you can autoclave it. (I wish i had one!)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #92498 - 02/13/00 02:48 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Hey guys, the mycomachine refers to using a regular-mouth quart jar as the blender pitcher. The blade from nearly all blenders fits under the ring, and all can be sterilized. I think 9ers tek describes the same thing. For some reason I havn't ever seen the original mycomachine file here at the shroomery. I originally found it at the lycaeum a long time ago. It isn't really anymore work than the shaking teks, doesn't require anything more than blender blades and a quart jar, and I think is more reliable than shaking.
Don't knock it tell you rock it.
BTW it is really just a eberbach container that can be made for about $4. (blender blade replacements can be bought at wal-mart if you don't already have a blender).

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#92499 - 02/13/00 09:16 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Mycofile - see what you mean, sounds good. The only way you come ahead with an eberbach is that is has a sterile entrance for a syringe. Your method would require you to invert the blender base, wait for it to drain back into the jar, unscrew it and replace with a lid with hole and tape, all under sterile conditions. I can see how that would allow for more chance of contamination. BTW I'm not pushing the eberbach or saying the ideas bad, I think it's a great idea, you'd just have to pay a little attention to sterility.

Now here's an idea. A few cultivation places I have seen sell plastic mason jars. You could drill a hole somewhere convenient, mid-way up the jar and tape it. Then after blending you could just stick the syringe down on an angle and suck up under sterile conditions. What do you think?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate