Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Rye Grain, Terrence McKenna, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleEvilShroomer
Loc: Pacific Coast
Im A New Grower , And Was Wondering.
    #924890 - 10/02/02 02:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Im going to grow some Ecudor and well , i want some big fruit. i was wondering what is better for a newbie to use to grow big fruit. but i just dont want to use poo. cause i kind of need something that doesnt smell.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Im A New Grower , And Was Wondering. [Re: EvilShroomer]
    #924928 - 10/02/02 02:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well if your a newbie and have never had any results start with PF and work your way up to bulk substrates. Use the cultivation FAQ here @ the shroomery as well.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Offlinevalkyrie
journeyman

Loc: Midwesternly
Re: Im A New Grower , And Was Wondering. [Re: socratesmind]
    #925071 - 10/02/02 03:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If you go out into a pasture and collect a grocery bag or so full of really old poo, thats all dry and crumbly, you'll find it doesnt smell any more than any other mushroom substrates... I've found that pressure cooking rye smells alot more than pasteurizing poo.

InvisibleEvilShroomer
. [Re: valkyrie]
    #925161 - 10/02/02 04:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ok , thanx. i just cant have my dad smelling something wierd , and start wondering , and stuff. but which is the best stuff to get the biggest fruit , i dont care what one put out the most fruit , i just want big fruit , mostly to collect spores. cause i want to do some research and stuff , seeing , what can i do to the spores, which well make it grow different , like different color and stuff , or look different , i want to create my own strain , i know it difficult and all , but im just the kind of person that like starting off complex , if i didnt , id probaly be some computer idiots , that cant do anything ,

Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

Re: . [Re: EvilShroomer]
    #925191 - 10/02/02 04:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

first of all, i wouldnt suggest growing when you live with yuor parents, cause they get screwed over as well as you if something happens. not cool.

--------------------

Offlineseattlekid
Stranger

Re: . [Re: tps]
    #925292 - 10/02/02 05:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

that and alot of parents probably don't look so kindly upon this hobby...and you don't want to go to military school now do you?

--------------------
Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #925322 - 10/02/02 05:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You might want to take heed of TPS's advice, the seizure laws are really harsh if you get busted, they can take your parents home, even if they weren't aware of your activities. Be careful and good luck.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: . [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #925824 - 10/02/02 07:56 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

just do the PF tek.. then make some simple casings with meatloaf tins, it's very easy. I'd recommend the 50/50 + casing tek with a bottom layer of perlite. the perlite on the bottom really does make a differnce, I have tried that, 50/50 + on the bottom and straight verm on the bottom, the perlite is the way to go.

consult the cultivation FAQ for more info on casings. it's very easy and newbie friendly. you don't even need an additional source of humidity, just use an 18 gallon rubbermaid and mist the sides once a day. make sure your casing layer stays moist too.

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: . [Re: Snobrdr311]
    #925946 - 10/02/02 08:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If you are going to grow with your parents do it because of the research type methods I would suggest you start with legal edible mushrooms and then maybe do a few cakes of psilocybes after a little while. Heaven forbid they may consume mushrooms that you actually grew that are hallucinogenic but if you're careful you will learn a lot and you will be able to carry out your growth in a much more positive no paranoia environment.

Really, I mean the fun of growing is really what its about. Every single person who has grown or is growing understands that the trip is a seperate issue to the joy felt growing.

InvisibleEvilShroomer
Re: . [Re: utopianglory]
    #949040 - 10/10/02 11:17 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I wasnt going to grow them to eat , im not no druggie , screw that , i want to grow them for Research and study.

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
    #949307 - 10/10/02 12:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey!! There aren't any druggies here! Stop BSing us. If you were just studying them, why not grow legal ones? These guys are rite, getting busted wont only ruin your life, but your parents also. They can even charge your parents with drug manufactre! In my state at least. "I did it for research" won't hold up in court. Be careful, and cover your ass.

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

Re: . [Re: iloveraving]
    #949950 - 10/10/02 05:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i know people who are totally against the use of mushrooms for human consumption and grow them as a hobby and distribute them for free. It's called sharing the wealth :smile:

--------------------

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ...
    #949986 - 10/10/02 05:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I find it offensive that he comes on this board, and to put it bluntly, refers to all of us who do consume the food of the gods, to be a druggie.

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

Offlinenoisycricket
Your FriendlyNeighborhoodCricket
Loc: Everymeadow, USA
    #950071 - 10/10/02 05:56 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Why not get your parents involved in growing the many wonderful culinary and medicinal mushrooms that are available.  You can get as complicated as you want, isolate strains from the mountains around you.  Buy a book that helps you identify mushrooms in the wilderness.  If you get your parents involved it might help you grow closer to them.  Then they wont be so worried about your constant Play Station playing, Chatroom typing, and masturbating all the time.  Why not just go upstairs right now and give them both a big hug and tell them youll do better in school next semester...  Just kidding... hey take it one step at a time, everyone here started with the most basic growing techniques and then from experience innovated and elaborated.  Good luck sport! :laugh:

--------------------
I'm just a field researcher for Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy.

My entry so far.... "shrooms: Mostly harmless"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Rye Grain, Terrence McKenna, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation