Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomSkin
Liberty or Death

Loc: Don't Tread on Me
Be warned - these are prolly stupid questions.
    #924681 - 10/02/02 12:51 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Okay, my cat just realized the new place he moved his myco-bags to could have light leaks.  They've only been there for two days, and yesterday He didn't see any pins.  He put them in an aquarium with some wet verm, hopefully to improve air exchange (instead of folded up in a box, y'know) and keep it moist, because a month after innoc (today) only two out of four are showing growth.  One has a few more days before 100%, and the other started last Friday and is only about 6-7% complete.  And they're going sooooo slow!  Anything else I could do maybe help things speed up a bit?  I've never made it this far before (I've said it before, the fungus hates me) so I'll be happy with whatever I get!

Okay, the questions:

1) Is two days of very mild light leaks gonna do anything to start pinning?  And is early pinning really that big of a deal?
2) When they are 100%, how much light is ideal per day?  (I know any light works, I'm asking if you need light on em 24/7.
3) When should I give up hope on the two bags that haven't shown any growth yet?  (I plan on keeping em till they stink, just in case)  :grin:  One is REALLY dry, by the way.  The others are wet and clumped up, in this one the grain is loose and looks almost bone dry...
4) My cat has some spores left over, and wants to experiment with outdoor growing.  Can you innoculate dung with just spores?  Or does it have to be spawn or mycellium?

These were mycobags bought from SporeWorks.  My cat is very satisfied with the two that are showing growth, the Myc. is thick, healthy looking, and pure white.

Thanks-----any help is appreciated!
ShroomSkin, wannabe mycologist  :grin:

--------------------
---
Stay gold.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLordSenate
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Loc: First Circle of Hell
Re: Be warned - these are prolly stupid questions. [Re: ShroomSkin]
    #924786 - 10/02/02 01:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You can not innoculate dung with spores. Will get contaminated. I do remember reading, someone saying they had success. But i doubt the truths of it.

OfflineShroomSkin
Liberty or Death

Loc: Don't Tread on Me
Re: Be warned - these are prolly stupid questions. [Re: LordSenate]
    #924918 - 10/02/02 02:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks.  No biggie, I think he's just gonna let this one bag colonize fully and fruit it once in the bag, and then crumble it and start an outdoor patch in the in a cow field ...(think it'll spread past the patch?)  If the rest of the bags do anything, then great, if not, no big deal.  :grin:  I don't think shroom cultivation is my cat's type of hobby. :tongue:  Outdoors seems the easiest method anyways, besides grow bags!

--------------------
---
Stay gold.

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

Re: Be warned - these are prolly stupid questions. [Re: ShroomSkin]
    #925221 - 10/02/02 04:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

won't be uh too cold outdoors for you unless you're gonna wait till next year ???

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation