Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineFloat
Dissident
Male User Gallery
Loc: Zimbabwe
Re: British Politician went to hospital with potato stuck in his Ass. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #9243327 - 11/14/08 10:35 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Quote:

Float said:
It's okay lonestar, intelligent people don't expect competence from Republicans.

You're gonna fit in with very well with the Democrats on this Forum...

Funny, seeing as how I'm not a Democrat. I don't even believe in our system of government.

But Republicans and their values (or lack of) are a tumor on the face of politics, logic, humanitarianism, compassion, reason, and humanity in general.

And the people who agree with them are just as bad in terms of moral and mental acuity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: British Politician went to hospital with potato stuck in his Ass. [Re: Float]
    #9243338 - 11/14/08 10:36 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Float said:
It's okay lonestar, intelligent people don't expect competence from Republicans.

Don't be a dick.

I had no idea what the hell a vicar is either, and I bet the vast majority of americans are similarly ignorant.  Its not an oft-encountered word.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: British Politician went to hospital with potato stuck in his Ass. [Re: Float]
    #9243350 - 11/14/08 10:39 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Float said:
Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Quote:

Float said:

Funny, seeing as how I'm not a Democrat.

Then you're gonna fit in with very well with all the posters who claim not to be Democrats (just despise Republicans) on this Forum...

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: British Politician went to hospital with potato stuck in his Ass. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #9243362 - 11/14/08 10:42 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Does anybody really give a fuck about the particular weirdness of the Limey system of anything.  By the way, isn't a vicar a Church of England creature.  Isn't the Church of England a government agency in effect?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #9243404 - 11/14/08 10:51 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Float said:
But Republicans and their values (or lack of) are a tumor on the face of politics, logic, humanitarianism, compassion, reason, and humanity in general.

And the people who agree with them are just as bad in terms of moral and mental acuity.

What an incredibly moronic thing to say.

Please go away. Come back when and if you ever should grow up.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9243407 - 11/14/08 10:51 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Float said:

Please GTFO if you're not going to add anything to this forum other than another prick.

OfflineFloat
Dissident
Male User Gallery
    #9243410 - 11/14/08 10:52 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Quote:

Float said:
Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Quote:

Float said:

Funny, seeing as how I'm not a Democrat.

Then you're gonna fit in with very well with all the posters who claim not to be Democrats (just despise Republicans) on this Forum...

Don't really see how pointing out a fact is being a dick, not my fault people are illiterate.

Early on I was an Obama detractor since I don't agree with a lot of his policies, but once again Americans were faced with choosing the lesser evil, so I voted for him.

Seriously, a constitutional lawyer and professor who opposes the second amendment doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Electing an old war-dog with no substance and a temper that doesn't suit a diplomat, along with a woman so ingrained in her "faith" that she willingly gives birth to a mentally retarded child, well that makes less sense to me.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #9243481 - 11/14/08 11:04 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Float said:

Early on I was an Obama detractor since I don't agree with a lot of his policies, but once again Americans were faced with choosing the lesser evil, so I voted for him.

You voted for Obama? Imagine that! :crazy2:

Quote:

Float said:

a woman so ingrained in her "faith" that she willingly gives birth to a mentally retarded child, well that makes less sense to me.

:sad:

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineFloat
Dissident
Male User Gallery
Re: British Politician went to hospital with potato stuck in his Ass. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #9243531 - 11/14/08 11:12 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Float said:

What an incredibly moronic thing to say.

Please go away. Come back when and if you ever should grow up.

In 8 years under a Republican administration this country has:

Started an unjustifiable war costing the lives of countless innocent civilians, young Americans, our allies in war, civilian contractors, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Thrown 3rd world countries into further peril by deposing their government and failing to stabilize the situation. Effectively causing migration to this country to surge, further burdening a weakened infrastructure. Freedom and justice for all, surely.

Turned a surplus into a deficit, effectively fucking the global economy six ways from Sunday.

All the while lining the pockets of those in power and leaving the citizens of this country up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

I can keep going.

A government that does the exact opposite of what it claims it will do, what it's supposed to do isn't worthy of commendation and respect. The people who champion such a government aren't worthy of my respect either, simple as that.

As for how I address those on the opposite side of the ideological spectrum, excuse me if it offends you.

This thread got WAY off topic, it shouldn't even be in this forum.

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #9243549 - 11/14/08 11:17 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I kind of resent that.
I'm a Republican and have a high I.Q.

I'm a real Republican, not a fake one like these Neoconservatives that claim to be Republicans. Real like Robert Taft and Ronald Reagan. Not like Bush Senior, Little Bush, McCain, Limbaugh, Levin, Hannity, and O'Reilly. Those are the dumb Republicans because they're clueless as to real Republican values.

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

OfflineFloat
Dissident
Male User Gallery
Re: British Politician went to hospital with potato stuck in his Ass. [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #9243597 - 11/14/08 11:27 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomhunter10 said:
I kind of resent that.

I'm a real Republican, not a fake one like these Neoconservatives that claim to be Republicans. Real like Robert Taft and Ronald Reagan. Not like Bush Senior, Little Bush, McCain, Limbaugh, Levin, Hannity, and O'Reilly. Those are the dumb Republicans because they're clueless as to real Republican values.

Those who you disown fly the flag of the GOP these days, and they are the base of the modern Republican party.

Reagan was just as bad as those who followed him; Reaganomics, Iran-Contra, his affiliation with Lee Atwater...

Atwater got Reagan and Bush Sr. elected, was a buddy of Bush Jr. AND taught Karl Rove how to play the game.

Nothing's really changed about the GOP in a long time, it's the same group of people it's always been. Just adopting a slightly different guise to appeal to the mentally defunct of their respective times.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: British Politician went to hospital with potato stuck in his Ass. [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #9243623 - 11/14/08 11:34 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomhunter10 said:
I kind of resent that.

Wow.  Like Reagan but not like any of those other guys.  I'm curious, just what do you think makes the distinction?  By the way, Limbaugh, Levin and Hannity don't so much identify with Republicans as they do as Conservative, which they think the Republican Party has abandoned.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#9243626 - 11/14/08 11:34 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

What's your problem with Atwater?

--------------------

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: British Politician went to hospital with potato stuck in his Ass. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9243730 - 11/14/08 11:50 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I agree that there were shenanigans with Reagan... His puppet masters probably had a lot to do with it too...

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

mushroomhunter10 said:
I kind of resent that.

Wow.  Like Reagan but not like any of those other guys.  I'm curious, just what do you think makes the distinction?  By the way, Limbaugh, Levin and Hannity don't so much identify with Republicans as they do as Conservative, which they think the Republican Party has abandoned.

Yeah but the talking heads are still in the pockets of criminal organizations. They won't say anything that contradicts or nullifies the goals of corporations. I think The Republican Party has abandoned more than just conservatism. I personally think The Constitution needs to be amended to include a new branch of government that has the power to veto anything The Congress, The Supreme Court, and The Executive Branch does. Where people are chosen randomly from each state to enforce The Constitution. A new form of checks and balances. The problem with politicians is that from the beginning they have good intentions, and the longer they are politicians, the more corrupt they become. There are exceptions to this rule. I.E. Ron Paul, Kucinich, Gravel, etc...

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #9244333 - 11/14/08 01:58 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Float said:

Don't really see how pointing out a fact is being a dick, not my fault people are illiterate.

Well you fail at reality then, congratulations.

In america we have certain freedoms like the right to vote.  You've surrendered that right to an oligarchy of two parties who are moving closer together all the time.

Lesser evil my ass.  If there was nobody running or even in this country that you liked overall you're either ignorant or delusional.  Who told you their were two choices?

And you are mad at other folks cu they don't know the meaning of an irrelevant word (which isn't indicative of illiteracy, btw, its indicative of a poor understanding of the meaning of a word- something you similarly demonstrated wtih your first statement).

Please tell us who the people we were allowed to vote for were?  I guess I messed up.  Somehow I thought I could vote for who I wanted.  Great that we have folks like you who vote for people they think are evil.  And people wonder whats up with the country when they vote for evil candidates.

OfflineJohnnyTruant
The Polycannon
Male User Gallery

Loc: The great state of Mind
Re: British Politician went to hospital with potato stuck in his Ass. [Re: johnm214]
    #9244641 - 11/14/08 03:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Before there are curtains up is a hell of a time to be naked in front of a window, just throwin' it out there...

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #9245282 - 11/14/08 05:13 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
A vicar is not a politician or a Representative?

Hmm, I didn't realise it's not a common word in the US. A vicar is the protestant equivalent of a priest (which is Catholic). You guys might call them Pastors.

We tend to call them Ministers, actually, so perhaps Vicar might be a specifically British thing.

In any case, this just makes the whole story that much funnier :grin:

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: British Politician went to hospital with potato stuck in his Ass. [Re: zouden]
    #9245355 - 11/14/08 05:30 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

There's an old Steve Hackett (Genesis) song called "Carry On Up the Vicarage".  I wonder if this is what he was going for.

I hope it was at least a red bliss potato.  Or at most, rather; them Idahoes can get some serious girth.  Ouch.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: British Politician went to hospital with potato stuck in his Ass. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9246761 - 11/14/08 10:17 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

And russets are so rough.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds