Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
Re: ZooDoo? Whats the scoop?
    #92354 - 02/08/00 03:49 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Ryche turned me on to ZooDoo a while back. I have used it to case (zoodoo/verm mix) and the trays I cased with the zoodoo fruited sooner than my trays cased with straight verm. The EQ's really poped up with this as a casing, I have not gotten another batch going yet so I have only tried zoodoo once. You want to use the zoodoo that comes in a pail. you can buy it in 1lb and 15lb sizes.

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: ZooDoo? Whats the scoop? [Re: PanTrop]
    #92356 - 02/08/00 07:40 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

The only place I have seen any significant need for dung is in the growing for Pan. Trops, and the whole Pan genera for that matter.

On that score, picking dung from a field is pretty cool. Except your girlfriend bitches about it for a long time.

Anonymous

#92357 - 02/08/00 08:31 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

So, ZooDoo is not a suitable substrate? Is there any place on the net to order organic fruitable dung?

Anonymous

#92358 - 02/09/00 01:56 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

No I didn't say that. I've heard of great success with ZooDoo. I just think nothing beats the experience of risking your ass and going out and picking up cow shit. It's a rush... especially when you do it on prison grounds like I do :smile:.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #92359 - 02/09/00 06:51 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Seeing as how this was a double-post, I'll double-reply:

Just a comment on casing with compost or manure. Remember casings don't supply nutrition which compost or manure obviously does. I think it is really just spawning compost and not using a casing. I know it's pretty trivial, but I think spawning would be a more correct term, even if the compost is layed out in a similar manner to a casing. On a related note, I think that mixing the spawn with the compost would allow quicker colonization of larger amounts of compost than laying it out like a casing would.
my .02
peaces

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#92360 - 02/09/00 12:32 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

So, if I order a a bag of ZooDoo I can innoculate it as a normal substrate?

Anonymous

#92361 - 02/09/00 12:34 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

PanTrop? You said you used it as a casing... is there a ZooDoo product that can be used for a substrate?

Anonymous

#92362 - 02/10/00 06:57 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

ZooDoo and cow manure can be used as a substrate for Pan. Trop. I use cow manure that I collect myself for all my work with Pan Trops, and I have some of the most beautiful in town. (All the caps are larger than a quarter, and it's Ryche's strain that came to me with a cap smaller than a dime)

I use liquid-> cow manure as my standard technique.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate