Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

Loc: South Flordia
zip lock filterpatch bag w/ Rabbit Poo *pics*
    #2053189 - 10/29/03 08:42 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

well i just wanted to share this with everyone.

I made this bag about a 2 weeks ago with some floured hartz parakeet seed and verm.

i didnt really take exact measurements but ill estimate.
heres what i did:

i floured about 3 cups of seed in a blender, moistened some vermiculite about 1 to 1 & 1/2 cups. mixed the floured seed into the moist vermiculite, Just like you would with the PF tek.

Put the substrate in the bag and threw it in the microwave for 7 mintues. I didnt close the bag. I let is sit in the micro till the bag was cool enough to handle. made a small incision on one side and taped a piece of doubled coffee filter over the hole. i then closed the bag and waited for it to cool.

I inocluated with Koh Sam. spores since i heard they were most resistant to contams. threw it under my bathroom sink and let it sit for a few days, with no signs of growth i mixed the substrate a bit and let sit for a few more days. Once i noticed growth i just left it alone.

Two days ago i checked on it and it was colonized, so i added some poo. those pics are from today 2 days after poo was added. Can anyone guess what kind of poo it is?

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

Edited by Seraph (09/02/13 03:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: zip lock filterpatch poo bag *pics [Re: Seraph]
    #2053194 - 10/29/03 08:46 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I see what looks like little balls of poo so I'm going to go with rabbit shit.

Am I right?

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

Re: zip lock filterpatch poo bag *pics [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2053203 - 10/29/03 08:56 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

u got it... im sure the bunny in my sig gave it away too..

this poo has been sitting in a bag under the same bathroom sink since february. It was pasturized just before being put under the sink, didnt contaminate so i didnt see a need to re-pasturize before throwing it into the colonized bag.

I wonder if the poo has some kinda anti-contaminate properties or something? I was thinking that maybe the rabbit food they eat is treated with a fungicide but i know that cant be cuz wet rabbit food will grow mold. anyone have any ideas?

forgot to add:
i have also got some straw/rabbit poo spawned with some EQ on corn. It seems to be growing pretty well. Ill have a log - er make that a big growlog - up in a lil while once i get all my pics edited and resized.

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

Edited by Seraph (10/29/03 09:02 AM)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2053216 - 10/29/03 09:07 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I hope you much success. I look forward to seeing that grow log.

P.S. I didn't even look at your avatar before I posted. I spend most of every day studying various animal droppings in order to one day be the worlds leading authority on shit. The only problem is that I'm not sure yet exactly how I will be able to make a living at this.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

Re: zip lock filterpatch poo bag *pics [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2053223 - 10/29/03 09:19 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I wish there were more people willing to give this rabbit poo thing a try. Its small and not too compact after wetting it so it seems like it would be ideal for quick colonization, best of all it doesnt smell at all. i guess finding a supply is the main problem tho.

I got the idea from seeing the huge pile a rabbit dung sitting in my aunts yard and from reading about mushroom farmers in asia farming not only mushrooms but rabbits as well and then using the dung as a substrate and of course the rabbits as meat.

too bad i live in an apartment else i might think about getting into a mail order rabbit poo biz for those without rabbits, heh.

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

Offlineshroom_muncher
ex-dope fiend

Loc: The great white north
    #2053755 - 10/29/03 01:41 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

That's pretty sick (thats a good thing). Do u think that if you just left the bag in the right conditions the mushrooms could grow by themselves like a mycobag? Also whats the coffee filter for? Is it where you injected the spores?

--------------------
peace sells but whos buyin?

OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

Re: zip lock filterpatch poo bag *pics [Re: shroom_muncher]
    #2053839 - 10/29/03 02:13 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I got the "thats pretty sick" response from my friends when i told them what my last batch of shrooms were grown on.. of course they didnt mean it in the way u did and they didnt get to experience them because of it. They eat shrooms off of cow poo but not rabbit poo, hmmph?

I injected the spore on the side opposite of the coffe filter patch and put duct tape over it.

the coffee filter patch serves the same purpose that any type of filter patch would... air exchange and to keep contams out i didnt want to leave the bag open but i knew i coudnt keep it air tight so cutting a hole and taping a coffee filter over it seemed like the best idea since i didnt have any tyvek or micron filter discs on hand.

i definately think it would fruit in bag.
i was actually planning on just throwing the bag in the fruiting chamber once the poo is fully colonized. I dont really see the need to move it into a container. I will just prolly have to duct tape the bottom and part of the sides to ensure it only pins from the top.

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

Offlineshroom_muncher
ex-dope fiend

Loc: The great white north
    #2053876 - 10/29/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

K thanks the reply but just to let you know, where I'm from "sick" means "cool", so I wasn't sayin that's gross. It's just fucking awesome.

--------------------
peace sells but whos buyin?

OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

What should i do with it. Open to suggestions [Re: shroom_muncher]
    #2065886 - 11/02/03 06:28 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

so my bag is just about colonized what should i do with it once its ready.

Im running low on room in my fruiting chamber so i was thinking of just potting it in a planter and sticking it on the patio... Theres been tons of rain at nite and it is really humid during the day.

anyone have any other suggestions or ideas?

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: What should i do with it. Open to suggestions [Re: Seraph]
    #2066001 - 11/02/03 07:06 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Spawn/case it.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Offlinetenotoge
Stranger

Re: What should i do with it. Open to suggestions [Re: SixCee]
    #9231766 - 11/12/08 04:18 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

those "balls" that I see that look like munchkins are what i have, and i can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone on this damn website. Why are there balls of mycelium rather than the entire bag being colonized with fuzz?

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: What should i do with it. Open to suggestions [Re: tenotoge]
    #9231781 - 11/12/08 04:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Have you posted a pic?  I'm sure that would help.

OfflineAmbience
Ex-Consumer/Producer
Male

Loc: USA
    #9231793 - 11/12/08 04:21 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

The bag isn't packed enough, they aren't connected so they won't grow together as easily. Could also be moist spots, or stalled. Or maybe it's just not done colonizing.

There's a list of possibilities.

Offlinetenotoge
Stranger

Re: What should i do with it. Open to suggestions [Re: Ambience]
    #9231905 - 11/12/08 04:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yeah here it is -

I was thinking that the mycelium was drawing all the moisture from the bag and forming little balls, and leaving behind the other dried out verm. I've broken them up quite well, and they keep re-forming. I also rehydrated the bag with about 30cc of water (it was THAT dry). When the bags came to me they looked pretty dry and dusty inside...but i ws assured they didn't need additional moisture. My ass. Anyway, what do you guys think? Thanks in advance. Also, another possibility could be light? I just keep the bags in the open, so they are getting maybe too much light?

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9231929 - 11/12/08 04:42 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Wow that's really bullshit about the bag being dry like that!  It's true that they do dry out quick tho, and that's why you need a good vendor.. MadSeason makes his bags fresh all the time, and the ones I got you could tell were nice and fresh.. But I saved a few for a couple weeks, and you could see that they were a little dryer..

I bet those balls have something to do w/ the dryness inside there..

Offlinetenotoge
Stranger

Re: What should i do with it. Open to suggestions [Re: J3illy]
    #9232026 - 11/12/08 04:55 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not really sure what to do. Like i said i shot it up with another 30cc's of water and broke everything up, but these balls are starting to form again. I wonder if it seriously needs like 2 cups of water - like 100cc's or something. I have no regard for sterility, so anyone would suggest adding water but think it's bad for sterility feel free to chime in. These damn balls. Other bag is colonizing now, different strain, and same thing is happening. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the popcorn. The whole thing is just really weird. I mean I'm getting these big balls of mycelium, and it's leaving tons of verm and popcorn untouched like the leftovers were unusable or like a nutritionless casing or something

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #9232401 - 11/12/08 05:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

coffee filters wont filter out contaminants. look at it under the microscope. it has holes 10 times the size of contaminants spores. there only good as a dust guard.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinetenotoge
Stranger

Re: What should i do with it. Open to suggestions [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9232522 - 11/12/08 06:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yeah im trying to find out if my bag is dehydrated, I'm not wondering about ?coffee filters?

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #9233054 - 11/12/08 07:29 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

You should be. Your colinising nuitritious substrate which is not only good for mushroom mycelium but many many other contaminants. Coffee filters will alow contaminants to freely get into your substrate. Also coffee filters will allow alot of air in and out which could dry out your substrate.

Koh samia is not more contam resistant. Thats just vendor blurb. If contamination gets in, it will grow.

Your substrate could well have dried out, it could also be colinised by something other than mushroom mycelium.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Invisibledjmako7
Antitransubstantiationalist
 User Gallery

Loc: A shady spot under a tree
Re: What should i do with it. Open to suggestions [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9233076 - 11/12/08 07:32 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ten, can you post another clearer picture? it looks like you may have some contam

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder