Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

Hlmmm, to case, or not to case.. Advice?
    #922959 - 10/01/02 04:35 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Well boys, this is my friends second or third time growing.  My friend feel's that he's built up enough knowledge to 'maybe' talkle a casing....  Thing is, he just used a half pint of spawn and spawned to pasturized horse dung... It's colonizing now, and trust me, my friend is the very anxious type.. He has 2 more pints of bird see waiting in backup, with a 3rd one colonizing still.. So he has more spawn if this one doesn't work out great for him. 

So my friend's question, to all you experts out there,  :grin: is whether or not he should case this first bit of poo?  If you were in my friends position, and you were anxious to get a flush (it's been 6 months since my friend has had any psiloycbin in his bloodstream) would you case?  Or would the potential gain from casing not be worth the wait, for this round?  And maybe case later?  Or case different substates as they come along..

I know this is probably just a question of patience, and individual preference, so ultimately what I ask of you is your own opinion.. Would you case, or just fruit from poo?  In my friends position that is!!

Well, I thank those of you who took the time to read my post!  Any replies would-as always- be much appreciated!!

:grin: Thanks guys 

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

Edited by DocPsilocybin (10/01/02 04:38 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehappygrins
addict

Loc: Shroomery
Re: Hlmmm, to case, or not to case.. Advice? [Re: DocPsilocybin]
    #922990 - 10/01/02 04:46 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

If you are as anxious as I think you are, you can always just throw it in the fruiting chamber after 100% colonized.  My friend has done this MANY times with great results, However if you do this the poo tends to shrink up ALOT after the 1st flush.    If you start off with a casing layer, your first flush will more than likely be larger, and the poo wont shrink up as much..  Its basically all preference..

--happygrins :grin:

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

Re: Hlmmm, to case, or not to case.. Advice? [Re: happygrins]
    #923038 - 10/01/02 04:59 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Heh, thanks man!!! That's pretty much what I was thinking myself!!!

Hey, does anyone feel up for answering another question??

How easy is it to contam poo? I just spanwed a tray about 12" square, and an inch, to an inch and a half deep with a half pint of poo.. It's been two days and I'd say it's about half colonized now... But I'm afraid that my techniques that I used may have been a bit insterile.. I used my hands to mix in the spawn and although I washed them before, I think I may have handled something between the washing ahd the mixing.. I'm not sure.

Is poo fairly resistent to contams?

Or am I just being a worrier and should I suck it up and stop asking pointless questions and wasting your guys time?? Haha, I think I'm probably going to take my own advice on this one.

Again, thaks a lot!!!

If I get some fruits I'll make prints for anyone who wants some, or wants to trade, B+ strain.

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

Offlinehappygrins
addict

Loc: Shroomery
Re: Hlmmm, to case, or not to case.. Advice? [Re: DocPsilocybin]
    #923176 - 10/01/02 05:49 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You should be fine.. My friend always uses his hands to spawn to Poo.  (Just wash your hands good first and you should be ok)..  Since yours is already colonizing well, I'd say everything should be great..

--happygrins :grin:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation