Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Air Stone, Ayahuasca, Morning Glory Seeds, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTsalagiSpirit
Reality Shattered
Male User Gallery

Loc: AK-49
How do I make a bubbler?
    #9227479 - 11/12/08 12:06 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have decided to make a bubbler for rh in my fc and am a little confused how to do so. Does an airstone provide the rh or can I use a fish tank humidifier? I have acess to very limited supplies but the following are things I do have a chance to buy.

-Fishtank heater
-air pump
-aquarium tubing
-sealant
-container for bubbler
-air stones
-aquarium filters

I'm confused on what causes the humidity in the jar that will be pumped to my fc and if the objects above would be compatable with the bubblers design. Any advise would help a lot.

--------------------
:awesome: :flyhigh: :amanitajar: :getstoned: :bigkiss2:  :mushroomgrow:  :smirk:  :cloud9: :vaped:

Caution: All information on this post or from this account are fictional and images are for entertainment purposes only. I do not condone the use, sale, manufacture or distributation of controlled substances in any country.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: How do I make a bubbler? [Re: TsalagiSpirit]
    #9227500 - 11/12/08 12:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've seen results where people run an air pump to like 2 airstones in the FC that are inside little jars or containers.. THen you just keep water in the jars.. Apparently it works better than the bubble wands that people use in PMP's..

OfflineThe shroomy 1S
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
    #9227571 - 11/12/08 12:16 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

How big is your FC?  Why not just use perlite for Humidity?

The Shroomy 1

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

Offlineanakin3197
JEDI MASTER
 User Gallery

Re: How do I make a bubbler? [Re: J3illy]
    #9227577 - 11/12/08 12:17 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i jus went and got the same stuff, hoping to try it when my jars are done, hopefully it will help with the rh and the fae

OfflineTsalagiSpirit
Reality Shattered
Male User Gallery

Re: How do I make a bubbler? [Re: anakin3197]
    #9227661 - 11/12/08 12:29 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have a 64 quart or gallon (not sure which) that has 3.5 inches of perlite on bottom and still have an rh of 94-96%. So an airstone would raise the humidity when placed in a jar with the tubes running to my fc with a pump?

--------------------
:awesome: :flyhigh: :amanitajar: :getstoned: :bigkiss2:  :mushroomgrow:  :smirk:  :cloud9: :vaped:

Caution: All information on this post or from this account are fictional and images are for entertainment purposes only. I do not condone the use, sale, manufacture or distributation of controlled substances in any country.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9227696 - 11/12/08 12:37 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Definitely should.. You can get a strong 100gal whisper pump for like $20 - run 2 tubes from it to 2 airstones on each side.. It should also contribute to some FAE too..

OfflineTsalagiSpirit
Reality Shattered
Male User Gallery

Re: How do I make a bubbler? [Re: J3illy]
    #9227756 - 11/12/08 12:46 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, what do the airstones do? Sorry to ask a bunch of stupid q's. Don't I need something to heat the water to cause evaporation? If so would a fishtank heater work?

--------------------

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
    #9227794 - 11/12/08 12:53 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

look at this
http://www.shroomery.org/9047/Poor-Mans-Pod
it might help

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

OfflineTsalagiSpirit
Reality Shattered
Male User Gallery

Re: How do I make a bubbler? [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #9228035 - 11/12/08 01:47 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, thanks for your suggestions I think I'm covered now. But before I spend the money for what I need I was wondering if my cakes and cased substrates would be fine at 95%. Using only the perlite tek it stayes the same all the time, never lower never higher. Would this be ok for rh or would the 4% be absolutely necessary for healthy growth. I'm asking because the only place I can get these supplies from would cost me $50 and I'm still finishing high school (don't worry I'm 18) and I don't have a job so I still live with my mom. I ask because I've heard that cakes do ok at 95% and my cased substrate doesn't have standing water and I was told that was fine. Whats your suggestion.:confused:

--------------------

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
    #9228226 - 11/12/08 02:30 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

first off DO NOT grow ANYTHING ILLEGAL in your parents house
wait till you have your own place
ask yourself this... would you want your parents to go to prison for an illegal activity you are conducting in their house????
be smart and think about the ones who take care of you

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

OfflineTsalagiSpirit
Reality Shattered
Male User Gallery

Re: How do I make a bubbler? [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #9228286 - 11/12/08 02:49 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

My mom knows and is ok with it. She works with pagan beliefs and would benefit from the mushrooms spiritually as would I and is the reason I started growing. No I love my mom and would never be that disrespectful. She likes to watch the grow as much as I do.

--------------------

OfflineThe shroomy 1S
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9228331 - 11/12/08 02:59 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TsalagiSpirit said:
My mom knows and is ok with it. She works with pagan beliefs and would benefit from the mushrooms spiritually as would I and is the reason I started growing. No I love my mom and would never be that disrespectful. She likes to watch the grow as much as I do.

:bowdown: To the one who gave you life!  That is sooooo cool!  Love your mom and I don't even know her.

The Shroomy 1

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

OfflineTsalagiSpirit
Reality Shattered
Male User Gallery

Re: How do I make a bubbler? [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #9228356 - 11/12/08 03:06 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah shes an awesome mother, I love her to pieces. She likes to watch the grow which is pretty funny. She and I are into the spiritual side of psychadellics and I have countless times made her morning glory tea. We are actually going to do our first ayahuasca ritual together after we get a good fast and have all our intentions for the experiance in line. I love her.

--------------------

OfflineThe shroomy 1S
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9228380 - 11/12/08 03:13 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TsalagiSpirit said:
Yeah shes an awesome mother, I love her to pieces. She likes to watch the grow which is pretty funny. She and I are into the spiritual side of psychadellics and I have countless times made her morning glory tea. We are actually going to do our first ayahuasca ritual together after we get a good fast and have all our intentions for the experiance in line. I love her.

You are truly blessed! 
What I didn't have with my mother, I have with my wife..... and soon enough........ My daughter.

The Shroomy 1

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

OfflineTsalagiSpirit
Reality Shattered
Male User Gallery

Re: How do I make a bubbler? [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #9228445 - 11/12/08 03:31 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Right on man, thats awesome. I'm greatful for my mom because not only do I have the freedom to use psychadellics but we both share parts of the experiance that we ourselves have trouble trying to interprit(?). I like to also welcome my cats in sometimes (more like they invite themselves) when I smoke but I had to quit 6 months ago. My cat used to run in the garage as soon as she heard the lighter flick to get a few hits. So me and my mom are pretty open which I think is best because we deal with problems head on instead of ignoring problems in our lives.

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #9228750 - 11/12/08 07:19 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

if your fruiting chamber is holding 95% without anything in it, chances are once you get your cakes/cased substrates in there your rh will jump a few percent.

95%+ is ok.

Your using a shotgun FC?? If so ensure you have holes in all sides including the bottom and raise it off the table with shotglasses or something so the bottom holes are exposed to air.

Also, if your using cased substrates in trays, you might want to rig up some sort of shelf to avoid covering up alot of perlite.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Air Stone, Ayahuasca, Morning Glory Seeds, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation