Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinevaporbrains
Cub Scout

Loc: ghetto# 03479
Debug your wetware
    #922688 - 10/01/02 02:51 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

When you want to find out how something works what do you do? Well, first you probably look at it, analyze it into parts, see how these parts function synthetically, and draw up a model to represent the system. You can then modify your model as you discover new parts or relationships within the system. Another way, however, of finding out how something works is to try to make it do something it isn't designed to do. You test it out by inputing extreme values or pushing it to excessive limits. When the system breaks you can look at the results and try to figure out why, then you have a clue as to how the system functions. i find that it is the same way with drugs. by legalizing research on psychedelics/entheogens/etc we are allowing researchers access to a whole new tool for breaking the mind down. when you take a drug that fucks with your language centers you get garbled language. when you activate the occipital lobe in an unorthodox way you get specific non-random results. researchers can examine the output of users under the influence of these substances, but even individuals themselves can watch thier own mindstates and record the types of "errors" they recieve under the influence. these errors are insights into the way we think and the way the brain functions. can anyone relate?

--------------------
All refrences to and statements concerning mushrooms, mushroom cultivation, and mushroom related paraphrenalia refer specifically to the cultivation of legal species.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEclecticSeeker
Free Thinker
Loc: It depends
Re: Debug your wetware [Re: vaporbrains]
    #922694 - 10/01/02 02:53 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yes.

--------------------
Please clean the dogma from your shoes before entering.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Debug your wetware [Re: vaporbrains]
    #923145 - 10/01/02 05:40 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

This is part of the reason as to why I'm going into the field of cognitive science.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Anonymous

Re: Debug your wetware [Re: Sclorch]
    #929497 - 10/03/02 09:46 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Gee, are you planning on standing out in your field?

If it's rainy wear a jacket or something. :wink:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology