Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleKBG1977
Re: Hydrangea - smoking leaves and cyanide poisoning [Re: AgingHippy]
    #9226473 - 11/11/08 09:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

ok guys,check this,about seven years ago,I was out of herbs,so I decided to smoke some hydrangea.I know it was stupid,but I Had the biggest bush of it in my yard.So I grabbed a few leaves,and dried them slowly in the oven.Well,I didn't have anything to smoke it out of,then I remembered my brother left a blunt wrap over at my house the previous night.Well,I rolled it all up,and took the first hit.It tasted pretty bad,but not unbareable.After the first nice deep hits,I noticed I was extremely relaxed,with a slight bit of euphoria.So I continued to smoke the whole thing.Well,and this ain't no joke,I was so sedated I had to lay down.It really does work,and it works good.I read somewhere than only one joints worth should be smoked,so I really overdid it.Well,about an hour after that,my brother stopped by,and wanted to know if I still had the blunt wrap,and I told him I smoked some hydrangea leaves in it.Well,he told me I looked awful,and my eyes were very red,and he then called me stupid as hell,because he knew it contained cyanide.He then told me,if I'm ever in the need to smoke some herbs to call him before I go messing with dangerous plants,he then went to the circle K,mand grabbed a blunt,and we smoked that shit up,which really increased the Hydrangea buzz.anyway,as far as a high goes,it was very strong,and sedating,but I wouldn't recommend anything with such a dangerous poison in it to anyone.That was in my younger years,and I don't mess with stuff like that anymore.Oh,and CPW my good buddy,Marijuanilla is the less potent of the daggas,and Klip is the most potent,but they both suck in my opinion.Overall Hydrangea actually is the only natural high out of all of them that really got me stoned to the bone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Hydrangea - smoking leaves and cyanide poisoning [Re: KBG1977]
    #9227112 - 11/11/08 11:07 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Interesting report. Wicked plant.

FH

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necropolis Flag
Re: Hydrangea - smoking leaves and cyanide poisoning [Re: felixhigh]
    #9227293 - 11/11/08 11:37 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

what's the active in hydrangea?

InvisibleKBG1977
    #9227751 - 11/12/08 12:45 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not sure what the active alkaloids are in Hydrangea,who know?Maybe it's the Cyanide:grin:I'm going to research it a bit more.Also,there is an old lady a block down from me with the biggest hydrangea bushes ever.They have been there for years,and have blue purple pink,and white blooms.Not on the same plant,these are all different types.I think I may got grab some cuttings of each color tomorrow morning.They grow out of her fence on to the side walk,so I wont even have to touch her yard to get them.Hydrangea is a woody plant,so I wonder if it would be worth it?I never have had good luck with taking woody stemmed cuttings.

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

#9227779 - 11/12/08 12:49 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Inhaling HCN (hydrogen Cyanide, which is what the cyanide in the plant is converted to when you burn it) in a concentration of 600 to 700 ppm for five minutes or approximately 200 ppm for 30 minutes may be fatal. Survival in any specific case often depends on the rapidity and scope of treatment.

Edited by AgingHippy (11/12/08 12:50 AM)

InvisibleKBG1977
    #9228828 - 11/12/08 08:21 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

WOW man,I can't believe I smoked that shit!So it is the cyanide that gets you high.Quite interesting.Well the mystery is solve Cyanide is the chemical in Hydrangea that gets you high.

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

#9229150 - 11/12/08 11:01 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

im not sure if it's the cyanide, i just wanted to show how much cyanide you need to smoke to die

InvisibleKBG1977
    #9229399 - 11/12/08 12:01 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Got ya

Invisibledurian_2008S
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
    #9229637 - 11/12/08 12:51 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The "cyanide" found in wild Hydrangea is used by some as a cancer and aging preventative:
http://www.laetrile.com.au/copy.asp?sect=q2&page=foods

Quote:

http://www.mdidea.com/products/proper/proper080.html
Phytochemicals and Constituents:

Root contains total alkaliods 0.1% around, including febrifugin(Beta-dichroine),isofebrifugin(alpha-dichroine,and gamma-dichroine, these are effect content for Malaria treatment. Other phytochemicals including dichroidine,4-quinazolone,unbeliferone(dichrin A,7- hydroxycoumarin) and dichrin B.

Hydrangea Extract.Hydrangea Root Extract.Hydrangea Root extract.Radix Dichroae Extract.10:1.Dichroa febrifuga Lour.root extract.

Pharmacology and Efficacy:

Quinazolinone type alkaloids, febrifugine (1) and isofebrifugine (2), isolated from Dichroa febrifuga roots, show powerful antimalarial activity against Plasmodium falciparum. Unfortunately, their emetic effect and other undesirable side effects have precluded their clinical use for malaria. Because of their antimalarial potency, analogues were searched for, with the goal of preserving the strong antimalarial activity, while dramatically reducing side effects. We expected that compounds useful in drug development would exist in metabolites derived from 1 and Df-1 (3), the condensation product of 1 with acetone, by mouse liver S9. Feb-A and -B (4 and 5) were isolated as the major metabolites of 1. In addition to 4 and 5, feb-C and -D (6 and 7) were also purified from the metabolic mixture of 3. Compounds 4 and 5 were compounds oxidized at C-6 and C-2 of the quinazolinone ring of 1, respectively. Compounds 6 and 7, derived from 3, also bear febrifugine type structures in which the 4' '- and 6' '-positions of the piperidine ring of 1 were oxidized. In vitro antimalarial and cytotoxic tests using synthetically obtained racemic 4-6 and enantiomerically pure 7 demonstrated that 4 and 6 had antimalarial activity against P. falciparum, of similar potency to that of 1, with high selectivity. The antimalarial activity of 5 and 7, however, was dramatically decreased in the test. The in vitro antimalarial activity of analogues 22 and 43, which are stereoisomers of 4 and 6, was also evaluated, showing that 22 is active. The results suggest that basicity of both the 1- and the 1' '-nitrogen atoms of 1 is crucial in conferring powerful antimalarial activity. Racemic 4 and 6 exhibited powerful in vivo antimalarial activity against mouse malaria P. berghei, and especially, no serious side effects were observed with 4. Thus, the metabolite 4 appears to be a promising lead compound for the development of new types of antimalarial drugs. (source)
Go Top

Medicinal Uses:

Antiperiodic; Emetic; Expectorant; Febrifuge; Purgative.

This plant is commonly used in Chinese herbalism, where it is considered to be one of the 50 fundamental herbs. The leaves are purgative. They are used in the treatment of stomach cancer. The juice of the leaves is used in Nepal to treat coughs, colds and bronchitis. A decoction of the stem bark is used in the treatment of fevers. a decoction of the leaves is used to treat malarial fever. The root contains several alkaloids and is emetic, expectorant, febrifuge and purgative. The juice of the root is used in Nepal to treat fevers and indigestion. This plant is 26 times more powerful than quinine in the treatment of malaria but causes vomiting. Substances in the plant are 100 times more powerful than quinine, but they are poisonous.

The wood is used as a fuel.
Hydrangea Extract.Hydrangea Root Extract.Hydrangea Root extract.Radix Dichroae Extract.10:1.Dichroa febrifuga Lour.root extract.Hydrangea arborescens extract photo picture image img

Hydrangea's greatest use is in the treatment of inflamed or enlarged prostate glands. This herb may also be used for urinary stones or gravel associated with infections such as cystitis. It soothes irritated mucus membranes, and will relieve backache caused by kidney trouble.

Hydrangea is also known as Seven Bark. Hydrangea grows up to 9 feet tall, and is found in woodlands and along stream banks in southeastern and central North America. Hydrangeas are marsh or aquatic plants, and hence the name is derived from a Greek compound signifying "water-vessel". The folk name "Seven Bark" was used in reference to the fact that when the bark peels off, it does so in several layers of various colors. The parts of this plant used medicinally are the dried root, rhizome, and leaves. Cherokee Indians used a root decoction or tea as a diuretic, cathartic, and emetic. They also scraped the bark, and made a poultice for wounds, burns, sore muscles, sprains and tumors. They chewed the bark for stomach problems & heart trouble. A decoction of Hydrangea was also used by early American settlers for calculus. The primary chemical constituents of Hydrangea include glycosides (hydrangin), saponins, resins, rutin, essential oils, and flavonoids. It contains no tannins. Hydrangea is well recognized in the treatment of inflamed or enlarged prostate glands. This herb is valued for its solvent properties that help break down and prevent further formation of stones & deposits in the urinary system. Hydrangea has been used for hundreds of years in folk medicine to contribute to the elimination of deposits in the bladder and kidneys. It soothes irritated mucus membranes. This herb will also relieve backache caused by kidney problems. For kidney stones, Hydrangea is often combined with Stone Root, Bearberry and Gravel Root. For prostate problems, it combines well with Horsetail and Saw Palmetto. Indications for which Hydrangea is typically prescribed include frequent urination, accompanied by a sense of burning and sharp, quick pain in the urethra. Other possible symptoms include pain from the irritation of passing renal sand, and aching in the back with irritation and partial suppression of urine.

Action:  To stop malarial attacks.

Indications:  Malaria.

Precaution:  It causes vomiting as a side effect; overdosage should be avoided. Used with caution in pregnancy

--------------------
Spacebusters said, "You remember school, don't you? That place, where we learned about Pavlov's dogs, in class. Then, the bell rang, and we went to lunch."

Offlinelearysprotoge
Stranger
Re: Hydrangea - smoking leaves and cyanide poisoning [Re: durian_2008]
    #9229793 - 11/12/08 01:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Smoke that shit!

Invisibledurian_2008S
 User Gallery

Re: Hydrangea - smoking leaves and cyanide poisoning [Re: learysprotoge]
    #9236638 - 11/13/08 12:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know whether "laetrile" ought to be smoked, or to what degree it is present in garden-variety hydrangeas.

Nonetheless, it is a scare tactic of the establishment to call this medicine a form of cyanide.

--------------------
Spacebusters said, "You remember school, don't you? That place, where we learned about Pavlov's dogs, in class. Then, the bell rang, and we went to lunch."

Invisibledurian_2008S
 User Gallery

#9236656 - 11/13/08 12:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

BTW, I read that the smoke or tea is stimulating.

The effect of cyanide is to starve cells of oxygen.

Does anyone else see a problem with this?

..not that I'm a qualified professional.

If you're critical thinkers, capable of independent thought, don't bet your life on anything I say, just because I said it.

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

#9236725 - 11/13/08 01:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I´m well sure lack of oxygen can lead to death or at least can be severally impairing. Not good. :thumbdown: :eek:

FH

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #9237207 - 11/13/08 03:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Leave it strictly alone. There are too many good things out there to mess with something like that. Some people eat nutmeg which is crap but gives you a sort of buzz.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineTrycky
Stranger
    #9731676 - 02/03/09 11:44 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I did a little researching and it has made me second guess that smoking this plant is totally threatening. I may have a lot of cool ideas from the research but I think these ideas lead to more questions.

1. I researched that not all strains of the hydrangea plant have cyanide in them.

2. I also researched that not all strains produce a high. This may contradict number one and this may prove that cyanide is the cause of the high. IM not SURE.

3. Im not totally positive if this is true but I also found that smoking the hydrangea is what causes the cyanide to take affect. Maybe you can eat the plant and it will produce the high with out the cyanide poisoning?

4. Another thing that makes me think that number three is very possible is that hydrangea is used to treat bladder problems and kidney stones. This means that it is possible to avoid or remove the cyanide, otherwise this would not be an effective remedy for these sicknesses ( this just leaves more questions).

All together I am going to research more and hopefully find some positive info!

If I can do this I can sell hydrangea because people wont know how easy it is so get and my neighbors have a big as hydrangea plant which I can steal leaves from lol.

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Re: Hydrangea - smoking leaves and cyanide poisoning [Re: Trycky]
    #9734429 - 02/04/09 03:13 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Oh you´re thinking of selling Hydrangeas for stoners, very clever.

Give it up, this is poison.

And BTW you just dug up an almost 2 yr old thread.

FH

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

#9734514 - 02/04/09 03:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

KBG did add to the thread with an experience report about 2 monthes ago just to be fair, and i'd still like to know about the effects of hydrangea if they don't involve cyanide poisoning.

funny how kbg seems to like to poison himself with things like nicotine and cyanide :lol:

*i agree it's a stupid idea to sell the leaves to stoners

Edited by AgingHippy (02/04/09 03:33 PM)

Invisibledurian_2008S
 User Gallery

#9735168 - 02/04/09 05:54 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

BTW, I wonder if any of the naysayers read the carefully qualified, opening post.
Quote:

Now, there is little to no documentation of effects on people when smoked, experience-wise...*If anyone here has ever tried...

Quote:

"USES: Diuretic and Soothant. Hydrangea paniculata has been smoked to produce cannabis-like effects, but many species from this genus are dangerous if smoked, as they contain a cyanide compound when burned".

Which cyanide compounds, and exactly how dangerous are they?

Quote:

hydrangea is used to treat bladder problems and kidney stones. This means that it is possible to avoid or remove the cyanide, otherwise this would not be an effective remedy for these sicknesses ( this just leaves more questions).

Quote:

The primary chemical constituents of Hydrangea include glycosides (hydrangin)...

I'm not sure whether we're talking about B-17 cyanide, or gas chamber cyanide.

Miracle cures are attributed to a cyanogenic glycoside, called amygdalin, or B17.

Wild hydrangeas are said to yield the cyanide containing compound, B17/amygdalin.

This compound exists in the cyanide-containing fruit pits, which we're told never to eat in quantity. Yet, some cultures collect and eat them, as we would peanuts, even rubbing the expressed oil all over their faces.

However, burnt cherry pits are supposed to contain the deadly poison, prussic acid.

Edited by durian_2008 (02/04/09 06:02 PM)

InvisibleKBG1977
    #9735191 - 02/04/09 05:59 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

hahaha teefizzle you so crazy:grin:My days of experimenting with plant alkaloids are over.That time I did hydrangea was 5 years ago:grin:

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
    #9735199 - 02/04/09 06:01 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe it is the cyanide that is attributing to these effects.

I cant recall which, but there is a species of monkey that uses centipedes to get high. They rub the centipede on their gums and the insect secrets some form of cyanide that gets them high.

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals