Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinealienated
contaminationgrower

Loc: kali-forn-I-A
I need more room to birth!
    #921209 - 09/30/02 07:22 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, i got a setup that is like roadkills, where it is a rubbermaid container inside another with a water heater. thing is, i colonized too many jars. I need to turn these 2 containers into 1 big heating room. I have a idea though, but not sure if it'll work.

I will cut a whole in the side of both containers, probably about 5 inches in dia. Then, will use some sort of 5" tube and connect the two, so they're sharing the same air space (in a way). I put the water tank heater in a jar next to the whole in one of the boxes, then... In the box with a heater, set the fan going. In the OTHER container, I will cut a "breathing hole" and cover it with a filter disk. So ... hopefully..

The hot hair generated in the first container will be shared with the second container via the fan going. I will also have a fish tank pump, pumping air to a glass of h2o/h2o2 in each container keeping the moisture level stable, also, each will be covered in damp perlite.

Now, i've read that you can just stick a small (25w?) light bulb in a container and that will also generate heat, while giving off light.

Anyone have any idea's on this? I'm in desperate need and times my enemy :smile:

Also, I was planning on mixing it up between some PF Cakes and maybe some casing, not sure, because my first grow with casing went contam. Anyways, please let me know what you guys think.

Thank you in advance!

-Michael

--------------------
-m.

I dont even grow these things... I just post for this guy that knows a guy, who's sisters boyfriend dumped about 2 months ago.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinealienated
contaminationgrower

Re: I need more room to birth! [Re: alienated]
    #921792 - 10/01/02 11:22 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

post to bring to top so this topic doesn't go un-noticed :frown:

--------------------
-m.

I dont even grow these things... I just post for this guy that knows a guy, who's sisters boyfriend dumped about 2 months ago.

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #922001 - 10/01/02 08:26 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like it could work. Try it and monitor the temperature and humidity. If things go south, tweak the rig. A light bulb would also provide heat, but for it to be the most effective, it would have to be inside the container. Probably not a good idea putting bare, incandescent bulbs and fixtures into high humidity areas.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinealienated
contaminationgrower

Re: I need more room to birth! [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #922250 - 10/01/02 10:16 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, i plan on putting the whole thing together tonight. I have a question about what kind of glue to use to stick the stuff together. i'm wondering if i can use good ole fashion Hot Glue, like the kind used for crafts and what not. I don't think it would have anything that might cause any type of contamination. Anyways, was just wondering... thnx.

-michael

--------------------
-m.

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #922260 - 10/01/02 10:18 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hot glue should work fine as long as it will adhere to the surfaces you're trying to bond. I have never worked with hot glue, so I can't help you there, but I will give you one tip. When working with smooth surfaces, if you're having a hard time getting a good bond, try scoring or scratching the surfaces before bonding again.

Peace

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinealienated
contaminationgrower

Re: I need more room to birth! [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #922353 - 10/01/02 10:51 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, i'm working with rubbermaid containers so it's pretty smooth and hard to get stuff to stick. but lucky, growing up with my grandparents, my grandma forced me to do some crafts while i was younger, and i kinda figured that out. I plan on scoring with possibly a nail or a razer blade. anyways, i'll get it to stick. My problem is space, i live in the guest house and i have to store in my bedroom, because between the kitchen and living room, not many places to keep out of site.

So i'm planning on having them by the foot of my bed, and possible make a box cover to just go over it and make it look like there is just a big box on the ground :smile: muwahaha, i'm cool like that. anyways... i hope this works.

thnx for replying :smile:

-michael

--------------------
-m.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom