Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGreenGoat
Chewer of Fine Pastures
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern California
Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: TripJunkie]
    #9218744 - 11/10/08 03:34 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ego death. Oneness with all things. Direct communication with the collective unconsciouses and group mind, the ability to see without eyes, talk with no tongue, travel with no body and become one with the transcendent.... Lotsa pretty colors too...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedrawing
Psychonaut

Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: GreenGoat]
    #9218799 - 11/10/08 03:43 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

GreenGoat said:
Ego death.

You'd have to elaborate a little more on that one, I'm afraid.

--------------------

I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it, but now that dream is over and the insect is awake

Offlineboletusoftruth
Psychedelic Funk
Male

Loc: MASS
Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: Redrawing]
    #9218841 - 11/10/08 03:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

The one phrase that sums up every one of the trips...
Quote:

How deep does the rabbit hole go??

Thoughts on the process of life, the tiniest atoms, the size of the cosmos...

--------------------

OfflineFisherman
Tchee'ik
Male

Loc: Glrrrrrrr!
    #9219361 - 11/10/08 05:18 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Hey man, it's like your brain can be opened up, like a can of old rotten tomato's, full of canned stench, induce it with psychedelics and the smell will pour out into everything, removing the pressure, leaving the dead tomatoes behind, freeing the pressure.

Guess that something people can relate to, but I dunno maybe theyd need more knowledge of the topic to understand the hint

--------------------
EVERYTHING IS DRUGS

OfflineBennyProfane
Alcoholic Pseudointellectual
Male

Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: Fisherman]
    #9220882 - 11/10/08 09:16 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I always explain the mental effects of taking shrooms as opening up the file cabinet of your brain, throwing all the files on the floor, and randomly picking up and reading different files.

Of course how you interpret what is in those files is intensely different and altered.

--------------------
All of my posts are completely fictional.  I post info and pics stolen from other sources because I wan't to appear to be cool to others.

Pity makes suffering contagious - Nietzsche

Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously! - Nietzsche

Convictions are more dangerous to the truth than lies - Nietzsche

There was only one Christian, and he died on the cross for his own sins - Nietzsche

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: BennyProfane]
    #9221208 - 11/10/08 10:15 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Its tough. I remember right after telling a girl (who only rarely drinks) I trip she said, "I don't know whats so special. so you see stuff. big deal". She totally doesn't get the picture :wink:

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

InvisibleTacticalBongRip
Curious Observer
 User Gallery

Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: BennyProfane]
    #9221344 - 11/10/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

BennyProfane said:
I always explain the mental effects of taking shrooms as opening up the file cabinet of your brain, throwing all the files on the floor, and randomly picking up and reading different files.

Of course how you interpret what is in those files is intensely different and altered.

That's a pretty good description of a major mental aspect I'd say. Add to that a geometrical morphing film over your field of vision and it's even closer to the experience.

Offlinetherapture
Tune Up Your Chips and Circuits
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere on the southern...
    #9221419 - 11/10/08 10:56 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TripJunkie said:
You see through all the bullshit you've been taught your whole life

SOME do, the ones that aren't just "getting fucked up".

My life was substantially changed (for the better) after my first psychedelic experience at 19yrs old, with 2 tabs of good early 90's lsd.

Now that I am older, I find tripping even MORE important, and 99% of the people I know, would never guess, that I use any sch.1 "drugs". They would look down on me for it, but then they go home after work and drink a 12 pack of beer every night, and smoke cigarettes, and take prescription "medicine". And they say I am harming myself...LOL...looks like the joke is on them! (the lies our govt. tells them).

--------------------
There is nothing but the truth...we are born and we die. Tune up your chips and circuits, you're going to live longer! -Electric Universe "Tune Up"

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

#9222169 - 11/11/08 01:09 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TripJunkie said:

Awe my brother. So true. My perception changed so greatly even after just my first marijuana experience, and I have been depressed most of my life, but since I started smoking marijuana, everything just started to get better. After my first psychedelic expereince (which wasn't that intense in the psychedelic way, it was quite a few grams of VERY weak mushrooms I picked, I should have ate the whole bag, (20g) instead of just 5-6g, to really have tripped. But it was still taught me a lot. My second experience (San Pedro) wasn't intense as far as visuals and psychedelics go, but i9t was intense on a physical level (I puked painfully for 4 hours, permanently, I barely had time to breathe in between gag reflexes. I screwed up the tea, I let some peaces get in accidentally, and I gulped it down in one gulp too.) I learned a lot and I kept positive. (I think I sayed something like this: I chose this experience, and I have to live through it and enjoy it, as all experiences are to be enjoyed. MWahuurrle... That was the longest break between pukes I had in the whole of the 4 hours...)

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: Fisherman]
    #9222200 - 11/11/08 01:14 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Fisherman said:
Hey man, it's like your brain can be opened up, like a can of old rotten tomato's, full of canned stench, induce it with psychedelics and the smell will pour out into everything, removing the pressure, leaving the dead tomatoes behind, freeing the pressure.

Guess that something people can relate to, but I dunno maybe theyd need more knowledge of the topic to understand the hint

Pour out everything, literally. (Read my previous post.)

There are a few people whom I want to slip some shrooms in to there soup, or at least some cannabutter.

Damn people need to get rid of all the shit in there lives.

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: TacticalBongRip]
    #9222231 - 11/11/08 01:23 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TacticalBongRip said:
Quote:

BennyProfane said:

That's a pretty good description of a major mental aspect I'd say. Add to that a geometrical morphing film over your field of vision and it's even closer to the experience.

Or taking one off.

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: therapture]
    #9222261 - 11/11/08 01:34 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

therapture said:
Quote:

TripJunkie said:

SOME do, the ones that aren't just "getting fucked up".

My life was substantially changed (for the better) after my first psychedelic experience at 19yrs old, with 2 tabs of good early 90's lsd.

Now that I am older, I find tripping even MORE important, and 99% of the people I know, would never guess, that I use any sch.1 "drugs". They would look down on me for it, but then they go home after work and drink a 12 pack of beer every night, and smoke cigarettes, and take prescription "medicine". And they say I am harming myself...LOL...looks like the joke is on them! (the lies our govt. tells them).

Almost everyone I know knows I smoke weed and are into psychedelics. I consider it my duty to educate people about the wonders that psychedelics can do for you. I know it is dangerous to do so, but did Jesus stop giving his message because he was going to get killed? No, so neither should anyone. If every tripper comes forth and talk about there psychedelic use, it will show the world that the idiots are the minority, since it is only the idiots who get noticed at the moment.

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necropolis Flag
Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: The Centre]
    #9222286 - 11/11/08 01:42 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Whoa, that's weird, is that guy staring at me? 

Whoa, whenever I zone out on the ground it starts to swirl

holy shit, I think I just went to outer space

Life is Good

Offlineretrospect
Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: AgingHippy]
    #9222526 - 11/11/08 03:13 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

A few things I have found myself saying to people who ask what's it like.

It's like seeing everything for the first time again.
It's like something takes control of your thoughts, and you percieve and think in ways totally alien.

OfflineHighly Bodacious
Jovialist

Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: retrospect]
    #9222563 - 11/11/08 03:54 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Have you ever described color to a blind person. Try describing dimensional warps to a non-tripper. The nice thing about tripping is anyone can do it, and that it's completely different for every individual.

There are the common effects you get at low doses, but high doses is existence without description.

I've always felt that the visuals that mushrooms give you is bait enticing you to consume more. And then, it's got you! to experience yourself for what you truly are. It's more amazing and revivifying than being naked in public.

--------------------
Inspiration is a wheel for action. Motivation is its motion.

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: Describe a psychedelic experience to a non-tripper. [Re: retrospect]
    #9222596 - 11/11/08 04:50 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

retrospect said:
A few things I have found myself saying to people who ask what's it like.

It's like seeing everything for the first time again.
It's like something takes control of your thoughts, and you percieve and think in ways totally alien.

To me it is like taking back control of my thoughts, it is like using the off-switch to the mind control device that has been controlling you all your life.

OfflineCaptainTrips
What better time than now?
Male

#9222771 - 11/11/08 07:29 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'd just put on Fear and Loathing...that'll do the trick.  No point in trying to use words,the magical aspect of psychedelics is the loss for words.

--------------------
|| All that is now, all that is gone, all that's to come, and everything under the sun is in tune; the sun is eclipsed by the moon ||

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract