Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleridebaja
Rewild Yourself

Loc: The Other Side
Driving after tripping
    #9221870 - 11/11/08 12:14 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Been quite awhile since my last trip, but I remember the day after I last tripped, I drove a lot differently. It seemed like the freeway was a totally chaotic and overwhelming place. Almost as if everyone else was going WAY too fast. Nowadays, I am totally fine with driving about 65-70. I have no problem with cars flying by me.

Has anyone else experienced this after tripping. Just being a safer and smarter driver?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Driving after tripping [Re: ridebaja]
    #9221918 - 11/11/08 12:21 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Don't do it.

My dad, and his friend were tripping on LSD...He left my dad to go drive, and saw a fridge in the middle of the street...He thought, Oh no big deal it's just me hallucinating, but come to found out it was actually there. He hit it, and died.

You can say it won't ever happen to you. I said it won't happen to me drinking, and driving and the ambulance found me dead...I had to be revived.

So, for your own safety, and more importantly others out there on the road...DON'T DO IT!

--------------------

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necropolis Flag
Re: Driving after tripping [Re: MHbound]
    #9222088 - 11/11/08 12:52 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've driven on mushrooms, and as long as you're on a highway going in a straight line it's not that hard.

MHbound, that's a fucked up story.  If you don't mind me asking, how do you know what happened with the fridge?  maybe he was looking at the radio?>

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Re: Driving after tripping [Re: AgingHippy]
    #9222129 - 11/11/08 01:01 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I guess my dad, and his friends just made the assumption...Regardless, people don't need to drive, and trip.

My dad probably told me that to make me fear LSD, but it didn't work. He could have just forgotten that he was driving, but either way we shouldn't drive.

--------------------

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

#9222147 - 11/11/08 01:05 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I agree, it just happened to be late at night and the mushrooms had little to no mind fuck, but the visuals were pretty cool.  Nothing like the road going off in different directions, just my speedometer numbers changing as I looked at them

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

#9222162 - 11/11/08 01:08 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yea, I mean I have done it several times...I just don't think it's very smart, and won't do it anymore.

I was sent to rehab when I was younger for possession of marijuana, and there was another guy there who was a 60's kid...Tripped all the time. Anyway, he said he had this stuff that was crazy. He dosed like 10 hits, and said he was driving home on this windy ass road and he said to himself I wish the road was straight, and about that time the road raised up and shot out in a straight line.

Amazing what these drugs can do.

--------------------

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

#9222173 - 11/11/08 01:10 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, that's just idiotic

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
    #9222210 - 11/11/08 01:16 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Wow...  I would not like to be tripping that hard.  At least not while driving.

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

Re: Driving after tripping [Re: Innoculus]
    #9222217 - 11/11/08 01:18 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

are you referring to the acid story?

*when i was driving on mushrooms, I was in cosmic mode rocking out to music with the window down and had taken a lorazepam earlier that day which seemed to set a calm mood for the entire day/night

I ate like 10g that day

Edited by AgingHippy (11/11/08 01:20 AM)

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#9222290 - 11/11/08 01:43 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I was referring to the 10 hits.  That's fucking nuts.

Offlinemindfudged1134
laughs at yourfour winds
Male

Loc: west coast
Re: Driving after tripping [Re: Innoculus]
    #9222359 - 11/11/08 02:01 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

feels like your going way faster then you are. 35 feels like 60. even when just a passenger, but especially if piloting the vehicle.

--------------------
"ordinary people do fucked up things when fucked up things become ordinary"

Offlineshadowed
Nestled in theback of yourmind
Male

Loc: the SW
Re: Driving after tripping [Re: mindfudged1134]
    #9222451 - 11/11/08 02:33 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I remember driving at like 4am after a big trip at a friend's house.  The three of us were in separate cars, and driving down the frontage road, the noise of the road was almost warping.  It, along with all of the lights around me, were still going up and down in pitch, and I could feel every inch of the road (though my cars hard suspension aided in that).  It definitely kept me on my toes, and I was really glad when i finally got home.

It took a lot of attention, but my driving itself was fine from what I can tell.  It was more like my mind was lagging just a second or so behind my reactions, so I was driving fine but not not fully aware of it.  Not a particularly safe state of mind to be in when driving a 2,500 pound piece of flying metal.

--------------------
Life is just a flashback...

I may have gone a bit too far, I fear
Will I get out of it this time?
What was I thinking, taking this leap
I thought I knew where we would go
If only I knew, I had no idea.

OfflineMr.Winkie
Procrastinators unite
Male User Gallery

Loc: mad, oregon
Re: Driving after tripping [Re: shadowed]
    #9222511 - 11/11/08 03:05 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I was driving to the beach. tillamook in Oregon.  anyways we had Carmel balls of mushies.  well I wanted to trip so we figured it would take like 45 min and we would be at the beach. o.k. lets eat em...... well. 30 later I was frying balls{and driving} and we still had like 45 of driving. fuck..  well colorfully and trippingly we made it to the  beach. funny thing was when we got there me and my friend were staring at 2 of my Buddy's friends, and we just stared at each other . 10' apart and whispered into each others ear:"they're talking about us!... There PLOTTING something." it was nuts. oh yeah then we laid down in the sand{not knowingly at the time but sand fleas EVERYWHERE, ALL over us} and the next morning we went to go home after camping. and we couldn't find the car keys! ahhh. well 2 hours later 130$  of combined money and a car popper later and KEY MADE! we were going home. that was fun

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

PROCRASTINATORS UNITE!!!!.......................................................tomorrow

Offlinekahuna15419
Stranger
Re: Driving after tripping [Re: Mr.Winkie]
    #9222926 - 11/11/08 08:51 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

My sister, a friend, and myself were tripping with some friends at his house and I felt the urge to go home. It was pretty late and I needed a change of scenery. I figured I was done tripping, or at least to the point I could drive sufficiently. Everything was fine as I back out of the driveway, but as soon as I hit the road, my mind went back to crazy town.

Every curve and bend looked ridiculous and I saw driving a motorized vehicle in such a different way. I never realized how unbelievable dangerous it was to be in a huge heavy box of metal put together by men driving 50 mph down the road. To say the least it freaked me the fucked out. My sister said she had never before been worried about my driving, even on the countless smoke rides we have taking in the past, but this time was different.

It was just a very insane experience, and I do not advice anyone to drive while tripping on psychadelics. I am glad we are all still alive.  Dont do it.

It was very icy out as well and we were going down a hill and began to slide. I turned the wheel to the ride to gain some traction, and for some reason I told everyone in the car to be deathly silent. I thought there was going to be an avalanche from the hill beside us. I think it was just the shrooms though hahahah.

Dont drive and trip!

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: Driving after tripping [Re: kahuna15419]
    #9222957 - 11/11/08 09:04 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I drove from Brooklyn to Long Island on Halloween 5 hours into an acid trip. It sucked, the lines on the road were all swaying and shit, I kept thinking to myself "I should not be driving... wtf..." but it was my car and everyone else was on something too, so I figured I was the best candidate.

Invisibleridebaja
Rewild Yourself

Loc: The Other Side
Re: Driving after tripping [Re: Platinum]
    #9223096 - 11/11/08 09:37 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Driving and tripping is stupid. That's how mushrooms and Lsd and such get a bad name. The Original Post discussed a day or two after tripping, and being a safer and smarter driver. NOT while under the influences of mushrooms

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Flag
    #9223143 - 11/11/08 09:48 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ridebaja said:
Driving and tripping is stupid. That's how mushrooms and Lsd and such get a bad name. The Original Post discussed a day or two after tripping, and being a safer and smarter driver. NOT while under the influences of mushrooms

indeed, if you feel the need to take something like LSD or shrooms in a public setting to get you through a mundane task it's become a problem. Let's return to the original topic.

--------------------

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9223150 - 11/11/08 09:52 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ridebaja said:

Agreed - but if you have no other choice, it's got to be done. Stranded in Brooklyn at 5am, dropping it at 12am? What are you gunna stay there for 7 more hours? Some good music and I'm straight.

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

#9223176 - 11/11/08 10:00 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

why not drop when you know you'll have 7 hours of peaceful meditation?

--------------------

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Driving after tripping [Re: Beege]
    #9223326 - 11/11/08 10:42 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Beege said:
why not drop when you know you'll have 7 hours of peaceful meditation?

Cuz I thought I'd be in brooklyn longer, and I was at a rave.

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

#9223330 - 11/11/08 10:43 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:shrug:

--------------------

Offlineterdherder101
High Fledged Wanker
Male

Re: Driving after tripping [Re: Beege]
    #9224876 - 11/11/08 03:04 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Never really driving when I am tripping but when I am high it always feels like I am driving a hovercraft, haha. And my depth perception gets pretty fucked up too. Like I will be driving and see a light up ahead and start braking like 200 yards before I actually get to it. Probably shouldn't be driving when I am high but it seems like I drive a shit load more careful and slow when I am high. So I guess it evens out.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: Driving after tripping [Re: terdherder101]
    #9226703 - 11/11/08 07:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've done it.  Only on some empty roads at night, when nobody was out.  Speed limit was like 40.  It wasn't that bad at all.  All the stop lights and other peoples headlights were giant hippie flowers though.  That was sort of disturbing.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale