Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespartyman
Stranger
Advice for first (not really) trip
    #9221820 - 11/11/08 12:05 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

A week ago my friend and I tried psychedelics for the first time. Each of us consumed 1.0g of P. Cubensis mushrooms (swallowed whole and washed down with OJ), and experienced only general giddiness and a very subtle increase in visual defintion, but no phenomenon that could be called "visuals." It was a mild Level 1 trip.

We plan on trying again this week, and this time plan on taking 2.0g of P. Cubensis. Do you think this would be a sufficient dose to experience visuals? (I know that for many of you, visuals are not the focus of your trips, but understand that at this point it is one of our primary reasons for trying psychedelics). Would you recommend using the lemon technique on our doses, or would it be too intense? Would you recommend the use of marijuana during the trip, and if so at what point? Any thoughts/suggestions to help us enhance our experience are appreciated.

Edited by spartyman (11/11/08 12:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Advice for first (not really) trip [Re: spartyman]
    #9221850 - 11/11/08 12:11 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

For nice visuals you probably need an 8th if 1 g only did that for the both of you.

It's not a bad idea to work your way up, but I don't think you would go wrong with an eighth.

The lemon juice tek is a nice way to enhance the trip for a small dose for that so yes I recommend it. I don't smoke pot usually while I trip...It will enhance it some, but I like to experience the mushrooms only.

--------------------

OfflineFisherman
Tchee'ik
Male

Loc: Glrrrrrrr!
Re: Advice for first (not really) trip [Re: MHbound]
    #9222665 - 11/11/08 06:07 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Like said from above poster, for the kind of visuals you really are searching for, an eight might be what you are searching for.

But I recommend 2-3 trips more of 1.5-2g cubes, try to get a bit more into the idea of tripping, then proceed to the higher doses.

Saying this because having visuals the very 2nd time I tripped, well I wasn't all prepared and got pretty scared (:

Peace! :mushroom2:

--------------------
EVERYTHING IS DRUGS

Offlinejvm
I knew the pieces fit!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio Flag
Re: Advice for first (not really) trip [Re: Fisherman]
    #9222836 - 11/11/08 08:09 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Take 2-3 grams each in the lemontek. Take a puff each before consuming and finish the bowl after consumption.

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: Advice for first (not really) trip [Re: jvm]
    #9222896 - 11/11/08 08:38 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jvm said:
Take 2-3 grams each in the lemontek. Take a puff each before consuming and finish the bowl after consumption.

I completely disagree. 3g lemontek? for his 2nd trip? are you serious? Going from 1g to 3g w/ lemon? I don't understand why you would suggest this.

If you're going to use the lemon tek I would suggest half en eighth for your 2nd time. It comes on fast and hits hard, and this being your 2nd trip I feel you wouldn't be ready for a hard hitting trip (especially if he's eating practically an eighth).

I'm not trying to scare you by saying wtf are you talking about 3g lemontek, but thats disrespectful IMO. Mushrooms require a certain level of respect, because they can kick your fucking ass. I feel like taking 3g w/ lemon is just irresponsible for a 2nd trip. It's also irresponsible for someone to recommend others to try that on their 2nd trip.

The first time I tried mushrooms I ate an eighth and holy shit, the visuals were crazy. I didn't know what to expect, and there was a lack of respect for the drug. It kicked my ass. I saw these pictures of clowns, and the clowns were walking around in their frames waving and winking at me. Then one of them started crying and the other laughed at him. I ran out of the room screaming "GET THE FUCKING CLOWNS AWAY FROM ME!" - approx 30 minuets later I got The Fear, and laid on my friends couch for 45 minutes shivering.

Not saying that will happen to you, but it shows you what can happen if you are unprepared and dont respect/arent aware of the possibilities that could arise.

Sorry for this rant, but this guy just got me kinda heated. I don't get it.

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Advice for first (not really) trip [Re: Platinum]
    #9222902 - 11/11/08 08:39 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yeah, I forgot my suggestion:

Take an eighth dry. No lemon, and if you feel like you should smoke then do it, if you feel like you don't need it, don't.

InvisibleLobsterSauceDiscord
 User Gallery

#9222977 - 11/11/08 09:10 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Whats lemon tek?

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Advice for first (not really) trip [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #9223027 - 11/11/08 09:22 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

You grind or break up your mushies as small as possible. Put them in a shot glass or small cup and soak them with lemon juice for about 15 minutes. Theory is that this converts the psilocybin into psilocyn to aid in faster digestion. It hits you much harder (from 2-3x) and normally last an hour or two shorter.

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9223035 - 11/11/08 09:24 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Powdered/ground up mushrooms left in lemon juice, cranberry juice, orange juice (anything acidic really, lemon is just the strongest) let it sit for like 20-30 minutes and just drink the whole thing.

The premise is that the lemon juice starts the breakdown of the mushrooms while it's sitting there, much like stomach acid would do if you ate them. When you drink this, the psilocybin is already "activated" so to say, and it makes you trip faster and harder, it just doesn't last as long.

Use the search feature... theres HUNDREDS of threads on this.

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9223039 - 11/11/08 09:25 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It's basically just irresponsible for someone to tell a first time tripper/2nd time that they should do this with 3g...

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Franklin's Tower
    #9223123 - 11/11/08 09:45 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I would recommend an 8th alone for great visuals and a strong trip. Also comes in handy to smoke a bowl on the comeup to eliminate any nausea.

--------------------

Offlinespartyman
Stranger
Re: Advice for first (not really) trip [Re: jvm]
    #9223134 - 11/11/08 09:46 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jvm said:

We each took the 3g with lemon juice like you suggested a couple hours ago and I am FREAKING OUT. Everything is morphing together and it feels like I'm dying!! What is going on???... help?

Just kidding.

From what I've read over in the lemon tek thread, 3g is a little high on the dosage spectrum for a first trip, since I'm not really shooting for a Level 5 trip.

We're probably going to go with 2g using the lemon tek method, although I'm not entirely sure. If we can use this technique to achieve the effects of a higher dose with only 50-60% of that dose, than this is probably the way we're always going to do it, as mushrooms are not cheap around here ($10/g).

InvisibleLobsterSauceDiscord
 User Gallery

Re: Advice for first (not really) trip [Re: dwtk]
    #9223149 - 11/11/08 09:52 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Don't know bout dried weights but when they were legal here,headshops would sell 20g wet for bout 15 quid.the 20 g was perfect for beginners and experienced alike it was the perfect dose.good fun.not too strong not too weak good mild visuals nothing too extreme but good nonetheless.that lemon tek sounds good:)i thought that orange juice(vit c) brings you down though no?

--------------------

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9223157 - 11/11/08 09:55 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It's basically a 10:1 ratio wet:dry. 20g wet is 2g dry, which is a good first trip.

If you have enough, you should go for an eighth dry for each of you.

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

#9223404 - 11/11/08 10:58 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Some people just don't get visuals. I don't really get visuals but my mind works a mile a minute on shrooms.

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Advice for first (not really) trip [Re: Angel_Above]
    #9223415 - 11/11/08 11:00 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

acid is more visual for me.

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
    #9223644 - 11/11/08 11:36 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Dose high enough I promise you will have visuals.

--------------------

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9223668 - 11/11/08 11:40 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MHbound said:

Well yeah, but what is "high enough" to someone who has only tripped once before? 1g didn't do it, so he's asking. "Dose high enough" is ambiguous - he could end up taking 7g dry... dont tell people to "dose high enough" if they don't know what a good dose is lol.

OfflineNexion
Seeker
Male

#9223704 - 11/11/08 11:48 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MHbound said:

Yeah, I'm a firm believer in the eyeball method. Take as much as looks proper. It always bothers me when people try to get scientific with their dosage.

There's no real way of knowing anyway. Dosage varies so much batch to batch and person to person.

I would highly recommend a large dose for a first time. The weaker the grip your mind has on reality, the smaller the chance for a 'struggle', IMO. My first trip was with an eighth of dried cubies and it was great.

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Advice for first (not really) trip [Re: Nexion]
    #9223832 - 11/11/08 12:08 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nexion said:
Quote:

MHbound said:

Yeah, I'm a firm believer in the eyeball method. Take as much as looks proper. It always bothers me when people try to get scientific with their dosage.

There's no real way of knowing anyway. Dosage varies so much batch to batch and person to person.

I would highly recommend a large dose for a first time. The weaker the grip your mind has on reality, the smaller the chance for a 'struggle', IMO. My first trip was with an eighth of dried cubies and it was great.

LOL an eighth is not a high dose. An eighth for me is the smallest dose I will even take. And I disagree with the fact that the higher the dose the less likely a chance of "struggle" with reality. If you are fighting it, you are fighting it... it's that simple. I think an eighth is a good first dose too, but that's not a high dose.

And if you eyeball it, how you know your first dose was an eighth? If you have no idea how to eyeball mushrooms, then you have no idea what youre talking about. A first time tripper won't know what an eighth should look like, or half an eighth etc.

IDK - is it just me or are people in this thread not making sense and giving bad advice?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate