Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

Loc: Macondo
A first time for everything(pics and verbage) THE REMIX(update)
    #9221031 - 11/10/08 09:42 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

So This is my first attempt, all be it a prolonged one at that.  Well that is not quite true; Two times have i tried and two times have failed. However Both where years ago, when I didnt have the knowledge of merry men such as; Roadkill, Agar and Magash.  A virtual mycelium library at my fingertips. This is how it went.

The idea was simple enough, the pf tek!!!!  So off I went with visions of Mushrooms parading through my thoughts.  The Shopping list;

The tub in tub incubator

The Glove box

jar Supplies

The spores

Wireless Thermometer

i mixed the jars with a 2:1:1 ratio, pcd for 60 minutes. then i inoculated my first six 1/2 pint jars of BRF and Verm PF tek STyle, in my newly built glove box.  And put them to rest in their new home, a tub in tub incubator(TIT).

PF Tek jar

But whats this, a better way, rye? pint jars? holy shit Quart Jars? Fuck me running, Autoclave Bags!!!!

So, After a lot of 24 hr soaking, followed by a rinse, a 20 minute simmer, and a very thorough drain.  Not to mention hours upon hours of pcing(little 6 quart pc). A lot of cooling down time, and some crafty inoculations;

I had this,

All The sudden I found a void, nothing but time, time to wait while my jars incubated at around 80 degress.  i thought i would use this time to experiment with different methods grains, and an lc?  I used 4 % white honey and distilled water, pcd for 15 minutes, incubated. and in a few days had this little beauty.

and this

I didn't want to get stuck with only ever trying one method or one grain, so I tried all the ones that were available to me(rye berries, wheat berries, popcorn, black popcorn, brown rice, wbs, and several mixes)

Here is a little chorus line(sorry about the bad photography)

Rye bag

Black Popcorn

Hard red winter wheat Berries(my favorite grain to work with so far)

Yellow popcorn, wbs, and a wheat/whole sweet brown rice mix

Well I didn't have the room to fit all that in my incubator, and went out an purchased this 85 gallon monster to incubate in. i Dwarfs the previous 35 gallon one

Well, I was about tired of pressure cooking grains, although i had a good time learning to do GTG, lcs, with very good success. One batch, i busted all the grain by overcooking, i inoculated them, but so far nothing.  I have not had any known contams yet, but of course most everything is still in the jars.

Well now that i had some time on my hands I built my fruiting chamber, your basic martha, with an ultrasonic and a coolmist on digital time control.

The first things that were 100% colonized were the Autoclave bags filled with Rye.  And after reading Agar's horse poo tek, I thought that sounded good.  So I mixed(Store bought Horse poo compost, dried cow manure, 10% straw,and a handful of blood meal.  I pasteurized all of this for a few hours at 170 degrees.  massaged the bags into single pieces, and spawned to pooh mix.  put in old Rubbermaid at room temp.

I thought i had messed up because i checked at 3 days, and no growth, but then i checked at 5 and the mycelium was tearing it up.(These are what i am most proud of)

i have two, i think they are 32 quart containers going

11/11/08
Tomorrow i will Spawn to my next bulk, I am using some 4  pint wheat jars, that had colonized just beautifully.  The will be spawned to a home brewed organic sheep manure based compost(not store bought).  This stuff is several years old, and gorgeous.  I have never used compost before and I am excited!!!!  I have it pasteurizing right now in the kitchen.  No smell at all, except dirt. I mixed it with a little straw, corn cobs, coir.  It is still about 80% compost though. 

A jar of the wheat(at least I think there is wheat in there

The compost in the pot

I cant wait til tomorrow
Here are a few odds and ends:
The lids i use now:

A 24"x24"x18" HEPA I found(for free) to make a bad ass flow hood with

I didnt post this to brag, I have no reason too.  I havnt grown one damn cap yet.  And for all I know I wont.    But if i do, I will be sure to update.  I just put a wbs cake, and wbs cased with 50/50 in the chamber yesterday.  It looks like the rye and pooh will need a few more days.
I posted this, because in one month, I learned everything you see here off of the Shroomery.  I did not get a single piece of information elsewhere.  So thank you shroomery.

peace out,
  just another noob  arp180

Edited by arp180 (11/11/08 09:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledoze
Stranger

Re: A first time for everything(pics and verbage) THE REMIX [Re: arp180]
    #9221082 - 11/10/08 09:50 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

hell yeah man. that looks like you know what you are doing.
:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
But I'll bounce back for mine is a heart made of iron forged in the darkest smithy of despair! Alloyed with hate and melancholy! corroded by anger! oxidized by fury!

OfflineJoker003
Lets put a Smile on that Face !
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #9221088 - 11/10/08 09:51 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Really nice Equipment you got.:thumbup: hope to see your Final results. keep us posted here at the shroomery on how things go. :jointsmile:

--------------------
Lets put a Smile on that Face !

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
Re: A first time for everything(pics and verbage) THE REMIX [Re: Joker003]
    #9221127 - 11/10/08 10:00 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

damn bro you have been busy latley
i mean just bustin your ass
+5 for you

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

Re: A first time for everything(pics and verbage) THE REMIX [Re: Joker003]
    #9221130 - 11/10/08 10:00 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I learned it all here, in just about a months time.  I stumbled across this site by accident after ordering my spores.  I haven't looked back since.  And Doze, i don't really know what i am doing.  I just know that there are certain people on this site that do, and i can rely on there advice given in previous posts( anno, agar, RR, magash, and so forth)

--------------------
"Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain."  William Faulkner

"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
-A quote from the Judge in the novel Blood Meridian; or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy

"Let there be light" My Quick Reference Guide to Lighting
My AutoMono (11oz First Flush)
My Monster Mushroom Mono (9.3oz First Flush)

Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

#9221137 - 11/10/08 10:01 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

noobieshroomie, I have read a lot of your posts too, thanks

--------------------
"Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain."  William Faulkner

-A quote from the Judge in the novel Blood Meridian; or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy

Edited by arp180 (11/10/08 10:05 PM)

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9221146 - 11/10/08 10:03 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

just glad i can help my community:)

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:

Citric said:

Thank you mycochef

Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
Re: A first time for everything(pics and verbage) THE REMIX [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #9221212 - 11/10/08 10:15 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

pssssssst take the fan off that glove box. use "still air".

--------------------
grind

Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

Re: A first time for everything(pics and verbage) THE REMIX [Re: seven]
    #9221298 - 11/10/08 10:34 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I know, i only turned the fan on the very first time I used it, just to get blown up by RR about the need for still air. Now I leave it off. That fan and the expensive little HEPA filter it is attached to are epoxied on.  That shit aint going nowhere.  However i have found it useful to clear out fumes a few minutes b4 i decide to inoculate.  After i wipe everything down, and spray with lysol, i will let the fan run for like two minutes, turn it off and wait 5 b4 inoc.    Believe this when i say i have had 2 glove box fires in my short month of growing.  No contams though!!!! ha ha ha ha

--------------------

Edited by arp180 (11/10/08 10:36 PM)

Invisibleseven
Male

#9221377 - 11/10/08 10:47 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

honestly you dont need to use flameable chemicals in the box like oust, lysol, ect. you can use a ten percent bleech solution or just soap and water to clean the box. the still air is what keeps the contams out of your work. but what ever makes you feel comfortable is fine.  some people like myself dont even attach gloves to the box. i just clean my arms and wear sanitized  latex gloves.  with a glove box like this you can use flamable chemicals- just flame the needle outside the box and put your arms threw the holes with the syringe needle red hot in one hand. once inside squirt one drop to cool the needle. nothing will live that lands on the red hot needle on its way into the box.

--------------------
grind

Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

#9221426 - 11/10/08 10:57 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i hear ya, but since i am new at this, if something does go wrong, i would like to be able to narrow the part of the process it when wrong in.  So for now, super sterile will be my m.o.  Once success occurs, i will back down things a bit to a tek that isn't so anal, but still maintains consistent results, you feel me?

--------------------

Invisibleseven
Male

#9221566 - 11/10/08 11:22 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yes what makes you feel safe is best. overdoing steril procedures is better than lacking!

--------------------
grind

Invisiblenw_shroomy
NoN-stranger
 User Gallery

#9221769 - 11/10/08 11:54 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Dam Im impressed.....You have the fever..
Good job all the white i see looks healthy

--------------------
Spawn Ratio Calculator
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7803673#7803673
I only grow edibles.Any info I give ONLY applies to gourmet mushrooms.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: A first time for everything(pics and verbage) THE REMIX [Re: nw_shroomy]
    #9222644 - 11/11/08 05:52 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Very impressive :-) I cant believe you have went through all those methods before even getting any fruits.

I have no doubt you will get some impressive results. then you will be like, wtf do i do with all these shrooms.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

Re: A first time for everything(pics and verbage) THE REMIX [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9223517 - 11/11/08 11:16 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
Very impressive :-) I cant believe you have went through all those methods before even getting any fruits.

I have no doubt you will get some impressive results. then you will be like, wtf do i do with all these shrooms.

Not even so much as a knot yet.  I did enjoy learning the basics of all the methods I have tried.  Now I have an idea of which path I would like to concentrate on, I can began to perfect a process.  I am definitely interested in continuing to spawn grains to bulk. I really want to see if I can use autoclave bags/ or quart jars and with a sterilized pooh/coir/grain mix,  try to colonize by adding a chunk of fully colonized grain(just a grain transfer). I have read discouraging reports of people trying to noc up bulk sub bags with multispore and lc, but maybe make the sub more of a grain pooh mix and use a grain transfer method.  I am sure its been done, If anyone's tried this method let me know?

I'll have more pics and a day or two

--------------------

Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

Re: A first time for everything(pics and verbage) THE REMIX(update) [Re: arp180]
    #9227199 - 11/11/08 09:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I just posted a few new pictures at the bottom, of sheep manure compost I am pasteurizing

--------------------

Invisiblenw_shroomy
NoN-stranger
 User Gallery

Re: A first time for everything(pics and verbage) THE REMIX(update) [Re: arp180]
    #9227392 - 11/11/08 09:53 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

where I dont see them

--------------------
Spawn Ratio Calculator
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7803673#7803673
I only grow edibles.Any info I give ONLY applies to gourmet mushrooms.

Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

Re: A first time for everything(pics and verbage) THE REMIX(update) [Re: nw_shroomy]
    #9227472 - 11/11/08 10:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Just the bottom colonized wheat jar  and the substrate in the big pot with the thermometer, also the paragraph directly above that.  In about two days, i will post a bunch more of fully colonized substrate, knotting(hopefully) and fruiting to follow.

--------------------

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
    #9227494 - 11/11/08 10:08 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

arp180 said:
i hear ya, but since i am new at this, if something does go wrong, i would like to be able to narrow the part of the process it when wrong in.  So for now, super sterile will be my m.o.  Once success occurs, i will back down things a bit to a tek that isn't so anal, but still maintains consistent results, you feel me?

That is the way to think!!  You gave me goose bumps.:rockon:  If there is one thing that pisses me off, it's FAILURE.  What pisses me off more than that is NOT KNOWING where the point of contamination occurred.  You keep thinking like that and you'll do great in this "Hobby"

The Shroomy 1

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

Re: A first time for everything(pics and verbage) THE REMIX [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #9227729 - 11/11/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

"That is the way to think!!  You gave me goose bumps.:rockon:"

Thank you, it's good to hear good things.  Bad's not so bad either, I am all about the advice, especially from experienced people like you.  IF what I post is BS, call me out on it,  The worst thing that will happen, is i might learn something.  Learning=Greater Success=More Mushies.

--------------------

Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

#9227738 - 11/11/08 10:43 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I can forgive ignorance, but no stupidity.  you get my drift

--------------------

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9227750 - 11/11/08 10:45 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

arp180 said:
"That is the way to think!!  You gave me goose bumps.:rockon:"

Thank you, it's good to hear good things.  Bad's not so bad either, I am all about the advice, especially from experienced people like you.  IF what I post is BS, call me out on it,  The worst thing that will happen, is i might learn something.  Learning=Greater Success=More Mushies.

just keep up the good work and dont be afraid to make mistakes
we all do it thats what  helps us learn:)

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:

Citric said:

Thank you mycochef

Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

Re: A first time for everything(pics and verbage) THE REMIX [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #9227789 - 11/11/08 10:52 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I agree

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."  Scott Adams

This quote applies to this hobby, like no other

--------------------

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9227802 - 11/11/08 10:54 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

arp180 said:
I agree

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."  Scott Adams

This quote applies to this hobby, like no other

very true:)

-noobie-

this hobby is an art!!

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:

Citric said:

Thank you mycochef

Edited by noobieshroomie (11/11/08 10:55 PM)

Invisiblearp180
student of life
 User Gallery

#9240808 - 11/13/08 09:34 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Made two new bulk subs today, one containing a special ingredient( moisture control crystals).  Will post pics as things develop

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates