Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaxtv
child of the sun
hooray another novice question...
    #921820 - 10/01/02 06:47 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Alright I recently ordered a myco-bag and a spore syringe. But now that I think of it I want to try using the pf tek with the jars and everything. So since the substrate in the myco-bag is already prepared would it work if I opened the bag and filled up a couple jars with the substrate and innoculated it from there? Or could I innoculate the myco-bag the way its supposed to be done, wait for colonzing to happen then transfer to the terrarium? I would much rather do the first scenerio i mentioned but is there any threat of contamination or anything like that? Thanks for any help.

--------------------
...remember...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineaeonblue
OrganicSpiral

Loc: northeast us
Re: hooray another novice question... [Re: axtv]
    #921896 - 10/01/02 07:26 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You may find it beneficial to use the colonized bag to spawn a bulk substrate. If you used the bag to fill jars you will still have to sterilize everything. I would guess that better yields can be had from the substrate in the bag by colonizing it and then spawing.

--------------------
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

www.dailygrail.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate