Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

What is a good reliable car?
    #9215925 - 11/10/08 01:34 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I want to find a car that looks good with rims, and would be easy to put a system in. Dont take me wrong, I dont want a Rice-mobile... I just like to do mods that make it look nice. Such as rims, HID headlights, stuff like that...I just need it to be easy to put a system in too, By that i mean, i dont want a mercury sable/taurus, because you have to get a custom kit to make it work. I used to love honda civics but they really arent that reliable. I know you're thinking whaaat a civic?! not reliable?! but yeah, they arent. I have had 2 rod bearings go bad on 2 different motors. I really need to find something reliable. I like grand am's/prix's, VW's, Audi's, I really just need to find something with some style and stay under 4k. It also needs to be reliable!!!!!!!!! That is my main concern.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: djblackout]
    #9215955 - 11/10/08 01:42 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

can't go wrong with a hummer imho.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Edited by aDoS (11/10/08 02:14 AM)

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: aDoS]
    #9215963 - 11/10/08 01:43 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

and thats under $4,000.......:postcount:

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

#9215976 - 11/10/08 01:46 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I think hummers are cool looking and you can mount weapons and stuff to them.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley

Offlinekidaihuan
First Growery Ban
 User Gallery

Loc: Shanghai, China
    #9215989 - 11/10/08 01:49 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Get one of those surplus 1960s hummers, from the Vietnam war. You can get one for 4000 or less. They have hawt metal box seats.

Or get one of those Dodge Chargers or a GTO from the late sixties, under $4000 and great to work on.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: kidaihuan]
    #9215993 - 11/10/08 01:50 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

GOD DAMNIT  can you guys be serious?  i dont want a hummer.  i want a CAR... not a suv or truck.

sorry im a little stressed out right now.  and i quit smokin the herb so...yeah

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Edited by djblackout (11/10/08 01:52 AM)

Offlinekidaihuan
First Growery Ban
 User Gallery

Loc: Shanghai, China
    #9216005 - 11/10/08 01:52 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

GTO or Charger.

Classic, and a good car to work on.

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

#9216008 - 11/10/08 01:52 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

hummers use more gas so it will contribute to the economy

if you want to help out with the situation you should get a hummer

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: kidaihuan]
    #9216009 - 11/10/08 01:53 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kidaihuan said:
GTO or Charger.

Classic, and a good car to work on.

They are hard to find in the midwest.  They are rust buckets around here from all the shitty road salt.  Damn you windy city!

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#9216014 - 11/10/08 01:53 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

aDoS said:
hummers use more gas so it will contribute to the economy

if you want to help out with the situation you should get a hummer

:postcount:

either give some meaningful advice or GTFO

--------------------

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

#9216023 - 11/10/08 01:56 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

this isn't the OTD

so you should really not be that rude to me.

Are you always rude to people who are trying to give you advice?

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#9216030 - 11/10/08 01:58 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

dude i posted i want a car.

I also said i dont want a hummer.  yet you keep going on and on... its kinda annoying

--------------------

InvisibleRickJames
handsome, intelligent
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ballerado
    #9216032 - 11/10/08 01:59 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

suzuki swift

--------------------
paradis what the fuck is up you phony fuck

She's a freak I'm a geek take a poll G, who got a chance to get in them panties and wax some fannies

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: RickJames]
    #9216068 - 11/10/08 02:10 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

hahaha no

--------------------

OfflineTriad
♫Tool♫
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #9216082 - 11/10/08 02:20 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=2415490
How about a honda civic? Haha. I would buy that one if I were you and its near Chicago.

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: Triad]
    #9216085 - 11/10/08 02:21 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i already own one.  If you read my post I HATE THEM.

96-00 are totally unreliable.

--------------------

OfflineTriad
♫Tool♫
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9216088 - 11/10/08 02:23 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know if it's been mentioned... but have you thought about a hummer?

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#9216090 - 11/10/08 02:24 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

HAHAHA

i think i just died inside.

--------------------

InvisibleMojo
Stranger

#9216091 - 11/10/08 02:25 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Integra,
Its reliable, has a good track record, looks good with rims.

As an added bonus is it's a chick magnet.

OfflineTriad
♫Tool♫
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: Mojo]
    #9216093 - 11/10/08 02:26 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Lmfao that was plastered all over another forum I am on hahaha.

--------------------

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

#9216094 - 11/10/08 02:26 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:

I threw up in my mouth.

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#9216097 - 11/10/08 02:27 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

everyone said civics were reliable but rod knock PWNS them.

so why would integras be any better?  are they good past 100k  what about their auto trans?

--------------------

InvisibleMojo
Stranger

#9216100 - 11/10/08 02:28 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Thats what the J-Spec versions come with. 

:smilingpuppy:

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#9216101 - 11/10/08 02:28 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

p.s. that girl scares me

--------------------

OfflineTriad
♫Tool♫
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9216105 - 11/10/08 02:30 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It probably has a lot to do with past maintenance as with any car. I haven't heard much about automatic honda transmissions except that the newer ones are having some recalls. My buddy has a 91 civic that runs strong at 200,000 km. But my 97 olds also runs strong at 260,000 lol.

I know of a few of grand am's with electrical problems. Go for a GTP grand prix haha, I don't know if they are under $4000 though.

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#9216107 - 11/10/08 02:31 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i find tons of grand am's/prixs for >4000

--------------------

OfflineTriad
♫Tool♫
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9216111 - 11/10/08 02:32 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

But you might as well go all out and get the supercharged one. :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleMojo
Stranger

#9216115 - 11/10/08 02:35 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Sentra
Maxima
Altima

Are all good options, but then again i think civics are good cars too.  I had an 02 civic, drove the hell out of it and it never gave me trouble.

Maybe an older carolla?  We reached almost 300K on our Camery before we sold it, but that wont look good with rims.

Old Lexus perhaps, those 2.2L I4s by toyota are beasts, I've seen a few of them with over 200K.  But i dont know if they put any of those in a lexus.

Offlinemonkeywrench
Why Not?

#9216119 - 11/10/08 02:37 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mojo said:
Integra,

I have conclusive evidence in the case against inbreeding.  I submit document 1.

--------------------
[quote]skalthren said:
It's nice of you to imply that I've been brainwashed by the government, but the truth is that I'm simply intelligent enough to recognize the subtleties of these issues instead of going "durr hurr, weed should totally be legal!"[/quote]

InvisibleMojo
Stranger

Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: monkeywrench]
    #9216120 - 11/10/08 02:38 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Hey man watch it!  Thats my baby your talking about

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#9216124 - 11/10/08 02:39 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

ive found some galants that seem to be nice.

soon ill say bye bye to my civic

--------------------

OfflineTriad
♫Tool♫
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9216135 - 11/10/08 02:43 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Mistubishis are nice, they give out a 10 year drive-train warranty nowadays, so they must be pretty reliable. How much you selling that baby for? I could use one of them minus the rims and hood.

--------------------

InvisibleMojo
Stranger

#9216137 - 11/10/08 02:43 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I really dig the way the 96-03 Galants look, and they can be found for cheap.  I know this because I was very close to buying one when I got my Honda.

With that said, they don’t hold their value at all.  I’m not sure why, and I haven’t heard anything about their sustainability good or bad.  I’d probably get one over a grand am, just because it’s a sexy car.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#9216147 - 11/10/08 02:46 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

im going to try and sell my civic for 5-5500 with the rims.  Its a real carbon fiber hood with the vents.  and 2 sets of rims come with teh car,  so im guessing 5k is reasonable?

i just want to get rid of it, because its turning into a money pit

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#9219380 - 11/10/08 05:22 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

anyone else know of a reliable car?  no hondas please.

--------------------

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

#9219385 - 11/10/08 05:23 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I personally like hummers, they are solid vehicles.

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#9219527 - 11/10/08 05:47 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i'd like hummers too...would you like to give me one? :blowjob:

--------------------

Invisiblethoughts
imagining.
Male User Gallery

Loc: here.
    #9219548 - 11/10/08 05:51 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i had an 05 nissan sentra.
it was a good car.

toyotas are good too.

--------------------
I need Jesus.

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Loc: Elsewhere.
    #9219575 - 11/10/08 05:54 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Buy an old wrx. DO IT.

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: misos]
    #9219613 - 11/10/08 05:59 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Honda...

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: thoughts]
    #9219623 - 11/10/08 06:00 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'll second Toyota's being great cars. For some reason Lexus seem to have a lot of problems and the repairs are expensive as shit. Keep that in mind with any luxury car lines (Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, BMW, Audi, etc.)

My Toyota Camry is still going strong and it's at about 140,000 miles. Only major repair was I had to replace the front struts. But the year my model was made had the shittiest suspension of all Camrys. And I drive in New Jersey, aka land of potholes.

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: Gumby]
    #9219628 - 11/10/08 06:01 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#9219632 - 11/10/08 06:02 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

djblackout said:
im going to try and sell my civic for 5-5500 with the rims.  Its a real carbon fiber hood with the vents.  and 2 sets of rims come with teh car,  so im guessing 5k is reasonable?

:ilold:

I hope you won't be too hurt when you don't get more than $1500 for that thing.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
    #9219638 - 11/10/08 06:02 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

djblackout said:
everyone said civics were reliable but rod knock PWNS them.

so why would integras be any better?  are they good past 100k  what about their auto trans?

I've got almost around 130k miles on my 2000 chevy cavalier.  In this time it has only had regular maintenance, which is key to this reliability that you crave.  I learned most of my car taking care of from my father in law, who just now replaced his '92 for ranger, which was also original motor and transmission, the top end of the motor was rebuild, but only after he rolled it passed 300k miles. 

Also, parts are very cheap for the cavalier, since it is so widely available, and I have seen some nice looking ones as well.  My wife drives a sunfire, 2004, which is also a very nice car (really the same as my cav, just pontiac) and has better lines, its more sharp and sporty IMO.  It did have soem trouble with the transmission a few months back, the slave cylinder went out on it, but it has about 55k miles, so, other than regular maintenance,  it has had one real problem, that cost me about $700 to be fixed, for the $200 part, but it was INSIDE the transmission, so it had to be dropped.

Anyways, i would recommend a cavalier, you can find a good used one in your price range, and they are very easy to work on.  I put better speakers in it as well and it was no more difficult than any other stereo i have installed.

peace

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #9219731 - 11/10/08 06:13 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I suggest a serious look into the Hyundai Tiburon for what you are after.

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/tiburon/tiburon.aspx

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #9222363 - 11/11/08 02:02 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
Quote:

djblackout said:

hahahha ur smokin crack.  i have 2 offers right now for 4600 and 4300 without the rims

--------------------

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
    #9222400 - 11/11/08 02:18 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

With a rod knocking? You want my opinion find something toyota with a 22-re in it those motors take a beating and keep on going, Other than that I say get a jeep and have some real fun.

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: Dobie]
    #9222650 - 11/11/08 05:58 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

my opinion is stop tricking out little ricers, maintain the car
properly and keep your foot out of the fuel, I see late 90's
hondas with 200,000+ miles around here still running strong
because the owners didnt spend $800 on carbon fiber hoods and
$2500 on wheels and tires that threw off the suspension geometry

for some reason when people put that silly shift knob in and
those stupid racing pedals the suddenly think they're 2 fast
and 2 furious and dog the shit out of the car, I wonder why
the rod is knocking, it's certainly not because it's a honda

Offlinegompers
The Gimp
Male

Loc: East Coast
    #9222731 - 11/11/08 07:03 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mojo said:
Integra,

I hate the car forum this came from.  Bunch of fags =/

--------------------
chris606 said:
some 1 told me to try long brown rice and water and vermiculite and pressure cook for 1 hour i did but nothing happen that is y was wonting to no if i need spores

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9222923 - 11/11/08 08:51 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

Its sad, to see. A car with wheels worth more then the car... :shake:

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

OfflineMr.Al
Alphabet soup
Male

Loc: N.S.A. D.C.
    #9222958 - 11/11/08 09:04 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

A good friend of mine has owned a honda civic for about 7 years.  I have gone through 3 American made cars and one volks just in the past 5 years.  The volks was in an accident.  The American cars needed expensive repairs that were more than what they were worth.  Pris is correct, if you're not a jackass that likes to race from stoplight to stoplight a civic will last almost indefinitely.  My friend gets in the low 30s mpg on the highway.  The japanese are o.c.d. about efficiency and tweaking designs.  You can just tell that American cars are just designed sloppy.  Sad but true.  Don't buy a Grand Prix, the trannys suck.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#9223089 - 11/11/08 09:37 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

djblackout said:
I want to find a car that looks good with rims, and would be easy to put a system in. Dont take me wrong, I dont want a Rice-mobile... I just like to do mods that make it look nice. Such as rims, HID headlights, stuff like that...I just need it to be easy to put a system in too, By that i mean, i dont want a mercury sable/taurus, because you have to get a custom kit to make it work. I used to love honda civics but they really arent that reliable. I know you're thinking whaaat a civic?! not reliable?! but yeah, they arent. I have had 2 rod bearings go bad on 2 different motors. I really need to find something reliable. I like grand am's/prix's, VW's, Audi's, I really just need to find something with some style and stay under 4k. It also needs to be reliable!!!!!!!!! That is my main concern.

You are obviously not looking for a reliable car. You're looking for a car you can trick out.

If you were looking for reliability.....you had it in the Civic, and trashed it.

Grow the fuck up and get an economy car and leave all the blingbling for the car alone.

Cars are made to get you from point A to point B.
They are not made to get you some pussy.

:sorry:

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

:handth:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: niteowl]
    #9223183 - 11/11/08 10:02 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I agree. Don't waste time and money to look like a fool with your ticked out Honda.

If you're going to tick out a car, at least do it to something worthwhile like an old muscle car or a car that was MADE to go fast, like a BMW M series.

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Loc: The sticks
    #9223493 - 11/11/08 11:13 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

djblackout said:
Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
Quote:

djblackout said:

hahahha ur smokin crack.  i have 2 offers right now for 4600 and 4300 without the rims

lol your the one smoking crack.  you should most def. reconsider what you are driving, it is the defintion of rice, cheap ass wheels on a honda civic hatchback.

hondas are notoriously reliable when you take proper care of them, far more reliable that 90% of american made cars and far more reliable than any mitsubishi ever made.  sounds like you just couldn't keep your foot out of the gas and drove it like a bat out of hell because i have seen several different hondas go well over 200k miles on regular maintenance.

btw i have a 1996 ford taurus and she rocks, she takes me everywhere, gets semi decent gas mileage, i can haul around 5 people, and it was only 1600 bucks (bought her over a year ago) and still runs just fine.

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: Gumby]
    #9223537 - 11/11/08 11:18 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
I agree. Don't waste time and money to look like a fool with your ticked out Honda.

If you're going to tick out a car, at least do it to something worthwhile like an old muscle car or a car that was MADE to go fast, like a BMW M series.

hey now, there is nothing wrong with modding a civic if you do it right (i am a huge fan of EK hatches, his car to be exact, but his looks like shit), but putting some shitty carbon fiber hood and some off brand wheels and tires on your car is not doing it right.

Offlinerealmofyorkshire
wrdafkrwe
Male

Loc: suburb
Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: smokeybear]
    #9223562 - 11/11/08 11:22 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

subaruuuu
ill leave it at that

--------------------
GOLIATH ONLINE.

Invisibleblewmeanie

Folding@home Statistics
    #9223700 - 11/11/08 11:47 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

djblackout said:
Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
Quote:

djblackout said:

Good luck actually getting that money. Your car would have been worth more stock.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

#9224772 - 11/11/08 02:39 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i love my '90 oldsmobile cutlass supreme.  its reliable, powerful, classy, good on gas, comfy, stylish, and collectible.  look at some olds!

i like the newer cutlass' intrigues and aleros.

my 90 cutlass supreme stock

& pimped out

A newer intrigue

newer alero

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

OfflineTriad
♫Tool♫
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: Shins]
    #9226720 - 11/11/08 07:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Lol I'm rocking the 97 olds cutlass supreme.  :bow2:

--------------------

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: What is a good reliable car? *DELETED* [Re: Triad]
    #9226879 - 11/11/08 08:17 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by lavod

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

Invisiblemofo
Hobby Jingoist

Loc: Donkey Kong Kill Screen
    #9226936 - 11/11/08 08:30 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'm surprised no one said pickup or SUV.  You can get great deals on them right now because everyone started trading them in when gas started to spike.  Of course, if you drive a lot, you'll be paying a lot in gas, but if not it won't be bad, and they're extremely useful, especially pickups.  I'm always wishing I had a pickup for various little projects and stuff.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: lavod]
    #9227249 - 11/11/08 09:30 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

for the assholes saying stop tricking out your ride,  uh... its my car. fuck off.

for one,  my rims were the cost of my stock hood.

and my carbon fiber hood was 200$

so blow me

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#9227260 - 11/11/08 09:31 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lavod said:
Contrary to popular non-car enthusiast belief, the honda civic is an excellent platform to mod for power given the absolutely massive aftermarket.  A b-series swap is supposedly very easy as far as swaps go and you have the option of making room for way more power in the long run if you decide to go with forced induction of some sort($$$).
93 93/93

see, now you're advising him to go right back to turning
something into a piece of junk with a knocking rod again

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#9227263 - 11/11/08 09:32 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

and i will be getting 5000 for the car because im putting a motor in it right now.  who the hell sells a car with a bad motor?  some of you people are dumb

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#9227283 - 11/11/08 09:36 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

djblackout said:
for the assholes saying stop tricking out your ride,  uh... its my car. fuck off.

calm down, people are giving you the advice you need to hear,
not what you want to hear, if you're tricking the car out,
you're losing the reliability, anyway if you're putting a new
engine in the car, why not keep it

Invisiblethescientist

Loc: Dade County
    #9227372 - 11/11/08 09:50 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

if you dont really care what you drive, and want good mileage.

An old import, esp. Mazda, or an old 4cyl. Ford, like an escort, that has a mazda engine.

Cheap to buy, to run and repair. Just tighten up the e-brake and you can powerslide those country roads to your hearts content.

Right now I have a Mazda MPV. runs like a charm. 300k km on it. rw drive, 5 spd manual, w/ 4x4 on the fly and centre diff. lock high and low. 25miles/gallon, or 10 L/100km.

dirty, yeeehaw

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#9227441 - 11/11/08 10:00 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

djblackout said:
and i will be getting 5000 for the car because im putting a motor in it right now.  who the hell sells a car with a bad motor?  some of you people are dumb

So you are going to drop money on a new motor + installation just so you can sell it?

Yikes.

:kingtard:

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#9228095 - 11/11/08 11:57 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
calm down, people are giving you the advice you need to hear,
not what you want to hear, if you're tricking the car out,
you're losing the reliability, anyway if you're putting a new
engine in the car, why not keep it

Younglings
you can never teach them
they gotta learn the hard way

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: niteowl]
    #9228617 - 11/12/08 03:23 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

dude tricking a car is going to be rims..depending if there are steelies on it.  and a decent system.  That in NO way would downgrade reliability.  Speak from experience, or dont speak at all.

and btw, the motor was 300$ and free to install.  so yeah.

--------------------

OfflinePsilo_Subliminal
Delta
Male

Loc: Dagobah
    #9228918 - 11/12/08 07:19 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Dont listen to them dude, your 100% right. Rims and a system are minor modifications, that as you said "in no way downgrades reliablility." So go for it and have fun. Personally id look into a honda Del Sol. Gets great gass mileage (28-30 mpg's), looks GREAT with a nice set of rims on it, and has enough room for 2 12's + a decent sized amp in the trunk. Youd be down grading on your passenger space as its only a 2 seater but other than that, if you find one with a B-13 motor swap (or do it yourself) then youve got one hell of a reliable car.

--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Edited by Psilo_Subliminal (11/12/08 07:19 AM)

Invisibleblewmeanie

Folding@home Statistics
    #9228927 - 11/12/08 07:29 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

djblackout said:

for one,  my rims were the cost of my stock hood.

and my carbon fiber hood was 200$

so blow me

Getting butt hurt every time someone gives you their honest opinion is a great way to ensure no one ever wastes their time doing so again.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#9229002 - 11/12/08 08:04 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

djblackout said:
and btw, the motor was 300$ and free to install.  so yeah.

So....why not keep the car you have, now that it has a new engine?

:shrug:

--------------------

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

#9229689 - 11/12/08 11:01 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

your honda civic is one of the most reliable cars ever made, and its not just those years (96-00) that are unreliable, every generation, even from the first ones produced in the 70s have had awesome reliability ratings and are just getting better with every generation.  with proper maintenance its not uncommon to see the d16 (your stock motor i assume, not sure on your cars package, could even be a d15) go well over 200k with proper driving and care.  as far as unreliable cars go, pretty much anything mitsubishi from 96-00 (assuming your looking for a car around the same year) are notoriously unreliable.  also be weary of intrigues, malibus, cavaliers, and pretty much anything GM from the mid 90s, while cheap to work on, common problems include headgasket replacement all the way to extremely major problems like transmission replacement (the autos anyway.)

if you want a kind of cool car, with a lot of get up and go but not a lot of aftermarket, look for a very well taken care of ford probe GT with a 5 speed from 96/97.  they are extremely fun to drive, lots of pep and handle great in a stock format and (if you like the car) can very very good looking with the right mods.  very reliable if well taken care of and a huge online community to help you fix whatever is wrong with it and the community has dealt with every single problem these cars have ever had.  most ford dealerships can't even work on these cars like the owners can.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: What is a good reliable car? [Re: Psilo_Subliminal]
    #9232141 - 11/12/08 05:10 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psilo_Subliminal said:
Dont listen to them dude, your 100% right. Rims and a system are minor modifications, that as you said "in no way downgrades reliablility." So go for it and have fun. 

:thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies