Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTNT
Stranger
SIGN TO END THE OCCUPATION!!!!!
    #921451 - 10/01/02 02:25 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

End the occupation

Already since 35 years the State of Israel occupies the Palestinian territories, although in a large number of resolutions the United Nations have unequivocally rejected this. This has had devastating consequences on both sides and leads to
serious suffering for the entire Palestinian population.
It is not a matter of jews against non-jews, but of an expansionist policy of the State of Israel against the international legal order. Israel ignores the UN-resolutions concerning the occupation and structurally violates the international conventions to which an occupying nation is bound.

This violence only provokes more violence. To de-escalate the conflict and to prevent even more suffering on both sides from being inflicted, it is high time that the international community undertakes action and exerts pressure on Israel to bring the occupation to a close.

The Netherlands have the possibility and the responsibility to on its own and in a European context contribute to the restoration of peace and the international state of law in the Middle East. Europe has a strong instrument in the association treaty with Israel. This treaty offers Israel considerable financial benefits and it can, in case of serious violation of human rights, be suspended.

Both the Palestinians and the Israelis want peace and freedom. Peace and occupation cannot co-exist. We want a viable and secure State of Palestine, a State of Israel with secure borders, and a just solution for the Palestinian refugees.

We, the undersigned, have a differing political, religious and ethnic background. We have differing ideas on the problem and the road to peace in the Middle East. But all of us agree on:

Israel is to leave all territories occupied since 1967 and all relevant UN-resolutions have to be lived up to

Hereto we together call on:

the national European parliaments and the European Parliament to underwrite this declaration;
the Governments and the European Commission to more forcefully commit themselves to this end and to apply the instruments mentioned above;
all in the Netherlands and elsewhere to undersign this declaration and to spread the word.
Yes, I will sign, too!

www.stopdebezetting.nl

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAbudiwa
CompleteApparition.
Male

Loc: here and there...
Re: SIGN TO END THE OCCUPATION!!!!! [Re: TNT]
    #921581 - 10/01/02 04:53 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

do you really think that would do anything?

--------------------
*user out of date*

the only pms pants gets:
<pants> "WTF UR PIKTUR IS SO STIPID WTF FUCK U"

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #922560 - 10/01/02 02:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

In reply to:

Already since 35 years the State of Israel occupies the Palestinian territories

Would you return territory won in a war you didn't start? I know I never would.

In reply to:

Israel ignores the UN-resolutions

The UN is a joke and should be ignored.

In reply to:

Both the Palestinians and the Israelis want peace and freedom.

The Palestinian people maybe(some anyway), not the leaders. They have vowed to remove Israel from the earth. Try to even find Israel on an official Palestinian map.

In reply to:

But all of us agree on:

Israel is to leave all territories occupied since 1967 and all relevant UN-resolutions have to be lived up to

No.... we don't all agree.

As I have said in other posts.... until the homicide bombings started, I thought both sides were nuts. I think you'll find a lot of people think a bit differentley now.

Arafat was made an amazing offer at the Billy Bubba sponsored peace talks and turned it down. A big mistake in my view.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
    #922600 - 10/01/02 02:19 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds good to me. I can't read Dutch though. Is there an English translation? Sorry.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #923384 - 10/01/02 07:03 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i think that we should end our occupation of american indian land.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: SIGN TO END THE OCCUPATION!!!!! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #926988 - 10/03/02 02:08 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I assume you mean the return of most of the west bank, and the Gaza strip that Barak offered several years ago.

Arafat should have taken it.

If everybody had acted honorably, Palestine would be the other Japan right now, unfortunately, the 14th ammendment doesn't apply to foreigners.

If you were forced from your home, and came back and punched the guy in the face, who would you say "started it"?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion