Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Severe trich problems.... [Re: OZZ]
    #9216987 - 11/10/08 09:15 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Tip of advise....material that can be washed, pack it into garbage bags and throw it in the laundry while you're cleaning the walls....its a pain to get the ceiling.

Also, there are U.V air purifiers. I've yet to try one but they use some pretty nifty technology, as the air goes into the intake there is a U.V light that zaps it of spores/bacteria before reaching the hepa, so you know its 100% clean...I believe it states it cutts down mold/bacteria in the air to 99.9% ....it's a compact design for households but hospitals use larger models. they're fairly inexpensive. About $250....

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

Re: Severe trich problems.... [Re: HybridprX]
    #9217135 - 11/10/08 09:46 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Ya thats way out of my price range right now ... maybe in the future though.

I do have a hepa in the room running, but has an old ass filter on it it probably needs changed for sure.

I think for now Ill just do the clean up, then get a new filter for my hepa unit. The double charcoal/hepa combo sounds interesting though..

What kind of bleach/water ratio did you use?

Edited by OZZ (11/10/08 09:47 AM)

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: Severe trich problems.... [Re: HybridprX]
    #9217512 - 11/10/08 11:10 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

HybridprX said:
Sounds like you have a trich infestation in your grow room, I too recently had undergone months of frustration due to trich infestation occurring about 4-7 days after giving fully colonized tubs FAE...

My grow room has no windows and I leave it fairly dark, the one day after the fifth monotub got hit with green I decided to bring in a bright light and oh man...wish I had taken pictures. My grow room walls are white, when I put light on them they were actually pigmented green thats how bad this infestation was....even the air smelled like trich....

Anyways, long story short. Use a strong bleach/water solution and wipe down every inch of your grow rooms walls, spray the borders with clorox, vacuum and steam clean any carpeted material in the room and finally dump a can of oust into the room. I also installed a dual hepa/charcoal filter combo after I did mine and things have been great ever since. But yea, you defiantly have some trich growing somewhere.

In other words, get my grandmother to clean the room. Man every time I visit her I swear I could chuck a few cakes right on the floor it won't contaminate.:rolleyes:.

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Severe trich problems.... [Re: The Centre]
    #9217834 - 11/10/08 12:14 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Enough bleach in the water that it dissolved the sponge over night....

I just loaded it up and made a very strong bleach/water concentration, probably more bleach then water.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck