Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Scales, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemr crisper

jodorowski anybody?
    #921220 - 09/30/02 09:36 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

ive loved this guy's films for years
el topo
the holy mountain
sante sangre
are probably the most well known
he's pretty blatant with his occult and alchemical symbolism
most people write books, this guy gave his message thru film.
he trained in mime and theater with marcel marcau and then went back to s.america to make movies.
his first film caused a full scale riot.
the first 3 pix are from the holy mountain
4th - el topo
5th - sante sangre
watching the holy mountain, tripping on 5g shroom/3g rue combo really put things into another perspective.
has anyone enjoyed these movies?....or hated them?
maybe these pix won't work but jus click on them and it'll pop up like a dog's dick :grin:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSquid
withdrawn fromthe everdayworld

Re: jodorowski anybody? [Re: mr crisper]
    #1080217 - 11/23/02 10:21 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Just watched Santa Sangre. Wow, that movie blew me away. Watched it twice back to back. It's been a long time since i've done that with a movie. Every time I watch it, I pick up on more of the symbolism. Still haven't figured out the dead elephant scene. I figure the death of the elephant symbolizes the death of the boys femininity. But whats with all the Mexicans tearing it apart and throwing it around. That has to be one of the most bizzare scenes ever in a movie.
I loved Holy Mountain too. Thinking of checking out El topo next.

--------------------
A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move towards higher levels. -A. Einstein

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: jodorowski anybody? [Re: Squid]
    #1082381 - 11/24/02 08:23 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i'm pleased as fk somebody else is into jodor's.
i figure the elephants funeral was pure  theater, loved the locals sliding down the hill to divvy it up. the elephants death tho...hmm?
for me the ceremony of death in the holy mountain is most endearing - "give up your body, your sex, your organs...you no longer want to possess, possession is the ultimate pain...the earth falls over your corpse, she comes to cover you with love because she's your slew flesh"
try watching it after 5g shrooms and 3g syrian rue :tongue: 

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1084865 - 11/25/02 05:52 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

All I've ever seen is El Topo, and that was in the 70's. Its release was tied up for decades. Is it available? I would love to get a copy.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: jodorowski anybody? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1085623 - 11/25/02 10:47 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

hi markostheg.
as far as i know, the 3 movies i mentioned are all available on video.
i used to own 'the holy mountain' but it got stolen, my brother has 'sante sangre' and 'el topo' seems to be the one you will most likely find in the cult section of any decent video shop.
jodorowski's first 2 movies have just been released on dvd, i haven't seen them but the first caused a full scale riot on its opening night, if you consider he was mellowing out by the time he made el topo, it must be interesting cinema.
also, jodorowski is supposedly making el topo2, son of el topo. seems to be taking a while tho.
another one, jodorowski originally had the contract to make the movie 'dune'. he had h.r.giger drawing up the sets and aliens. salvador dali had signed to play the emperor, he was to be on the set for just 2 hours at $100 000 per hour, at the time, it would have made him the highest paid actor in history. dali also insisted on a gold toilet. the studio backing it pulled the plug and brought in david lynch instead.

OfflineSquid
withdrawn fromthe everdayworld

#1093426 - 11/28/02 11:28 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

-->"jodorowski's first 2 movies have just been released on dvd"
I know Fando and Lis was his first movie and yes that is on dvd, El topo I believe is his second and was realeased on dvd in Europe. No U.S release yet.

-->"jodorowski is supposedly making el topo2, son of el topo."
I also heard there is a sequel coming out. Is it being directed by Alexandro? He must be in his 70's now I would think.

If anybody is interested I have Holy Mountain on VHS. And would love to trade it for a copy of EL Topo or something else.

--------------------
A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move towards higher levels. -A. Einstein

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: jodorowski anybody? [Re: Squid]
    #1094509 - 11/28/02 08:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

afaik, jodorowski is directing el topo 2 and his son plays the lead role, again. but i doubt much film has been shot at this point.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Scales, Syrian Rue

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media