Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
I had some WBS jars from 4 months ago and some empty syringes...
    #9200435 - 11/07/08 05:44 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

And decided I wanted to experiment.

My jars were wild bird seed, and they never colonized.  I had knocked them up in June, about four or five months ago.  No sign of any growth, and I had nearly forgot about them.

Well, I also have my empty syringes.  Koh Samiu from Ralph. THey are 15 months old.

I boiled some water in my kettle and poured it into an empty dish.  Then I let it cool.  I took rubbing alcohol and cleaned the syringe needle.  Then I sucked some of the water into it. I saw dark purple strands of spores floating around.

I injected about 2-3 cc's of the spore water into the jars, and a week later...

They were all growing quite nicely :smile:

Hope this experiment helps others, as it already has myself, better understand the mushroom.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: I had some WBS jars from 4 months ago and some empty syringes... [Re: NariusFractal]
    #9200440 - 11/07/08 05:46 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Its never a good idea to use grains that have sat for long periods. Grain sterilisation is never complete. thats  why its best to use after they have cooled.

You should have flame sterilised the needle. Wiping with alcohol wont get whats inside of it, any alcohol is a sanitiser not steriliser.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: I had some WBS jars from 4 months ago and some empty syringes... [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9203250 - 11/07/08 04:51 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Perhaps.  However, the jars are nearing 25% colonization, and no signs of contams as of yet.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: I had some WBS jars from 4 months ago and some empty syringes... [Re: NariusFractal]
    #9203384 - 11/07/08 05:09 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

It's a game of chance at this point.  But hey what was the other option tossing the stuff out?  Worth a shot for suure.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale