Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

Insomnia
    #9200291 - 11/07/08 03:48 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Nothing can help me sleep anymore... It's absolutely astounding the amount of drugs i can pump into my body without even being ABLE to fall asleep.
Hypnotic sleep-aids such as ambien and lunesta make me hallucinate and sleep-walk even at threshold doses, and not in a good way(last time i took ambien i freaked out and woke my whole family up because i thought i saw somebody crawling through my window, the next day when i woke up, my bed was on top of me, and my television was on the floor).

I've tried all types of natural and herbal remedies, as well as almost every script you could think of, i've been on many different benzodiazepenes including xanax, klonopin, and valium. Also I've been on certain barbiturates, muscle relaxers, and well, really anything my doc could think of to help me sleep.

It seems as though i need something different, a new approach, as i've taken over 8mg of xanax tonight, and im pretty fucked up, but for whatever reason I CANNOT SLEEP.

Any help, suggestions?

--------------------
I am the first person to admit that I'm wrong about something, If I post anything misinforming or misleading, do not hesitate to call me out on it. IF I'm actually wrong, that is. I usually wont post something unless i know it to be 100% true, but mistakes happen.
If you try to tell me i'm wrong about something im positive of, i will argue with you until you stop breathing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
Re: Insomnia [Re: fr33d0mfry]
    #9200305 - 11/07/08 04:03 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Valerian root or a shovel

Clonodine will work also, but comes with a few side effects.

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Edited by polantis (11/07/08 04:04 AM)

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: Insomnia [Re: polantis]
    #9200316 - 11/07/08 04:12 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

polantis said:
Valerian root or a shovel

Clonodine will work also, but comes with a few side effects.

Valerian root is BS IMO, i've taken doses upwards of 50g, with no effect whatsoever.

Also tried Clonodine.

Whats the strongest "knock your ass the fuck out" prescription drug there is?
I really need to talk to my doctor.

--------------------
I am the first person to admit that I'm wrong about something, If I post anything misinforming or misleading, do not hesitate to call me out on it. IF I'm actually wrong, that is. I usually wont post something unless i know it to be 100% true, but mistakes happen.
If you try to tell me i'm wrong about something im positive of, i will argue with you until you stop breathing.

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

#9200327 - 11/07/08 04:22 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ether?

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Offlineflipdd
Stranger
    #9200330 - 11/07/08 04:25 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Seroquel

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

#9200332 - 11/07/08 04:26 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

polantis said:
Ether?

I've used ether many a time recreationally, i've reached that point of full anesthesia. I'd much rather not pass out with an ether rag on my face, doesn't seem to safe :P

--------------------

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: Insomnia [Re: flipdd]
    #9200337 - 11/07/08 04:29 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

flipdd said:
Seroquel

Tried this as well, it made me feel like... waaaay off mentally... like, even crazier than i already am.

I'll pass.

--------------------

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

#9200342 - 11/07/08 04:30 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well, either your one of very few people on this earth that don't need sleep...or your missing something.

I have insomnia from time to time, and it's usually nothing some Valerian root/beer/pot wont fix...generally though, if your tired enough...you'll sleep.

--------------------
Jean-Paul Sartre

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

#9200354 - 11/07/08 04:38 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

polantis said:
Well, either your one of very few people on this earth that don't need sleep...or your missing something.

I have insomnia from time to time, and it's usually nothing some Valerian root/beer/pot wont fix...generally though, if your tired enough...you'll sleep.

I sleep, and I do get tired on a nightly basis... But as soon as I lay down, it's like there's a switch in my brain that says "You aren't ready for sleep anymore, you have to get up"
I sleep maybe 8-12 hours a week, it fucking sucks.

Worstly, I have nothing to do with the time that I am awake, I've been actively looking for a job, but getting a job is really a bitch when you have no diploma and no work history, so it will probably be a while till i luck out and find a job. Until then i'm pretty much fucked, having 20+hours a day of "free time" is truly horrible, especially when i don't have any money.

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #9200373 - 11/07/08 04:46 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

being unemployed really messed with my sleep patterns as well... for me personally it was therapy that helped me overcome the insomnia

--------------------

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

#9200375 - 11/07/08 04:46 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

That's your reason then. I too found that when I was unemployed (on disability) that I had allot of trouble sleeping. I put it down to the fact that you're not using your energy up during the day, like you would if you were working.

I suggest then, not drugs, but try doing a good few hours of physical and mental activities during the day.

As I said, if you're tired enough (mentally & physically)...you will sleep.

--------------------
Jean-Paul Sartre

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

#9200387 - 11/07/08 04:52 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I can see how that makes sense... I have been stressing about my employment situation for a while, and maybe its keeping me up, although if that were the case i'd assume the xanax would help.

I do get quite a bit of physical and mental stimulation throughout my day, I spend most of my time reading and learning, also I have vigorous sex for a few hours at least 3 days out of every week.

I dunno, maybe it is just the stress keeping me up, and the xanax just might not be helping with that anymore... Ugh fuck idk i'll talk to my shrink asap

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #9200438 - 11/07/08 05:46 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

> It's absolutely astounding the amount of drugs i can pump into my body without even being ABLE to fall asleep.

So go the opposite route.  Stop pumping drugs into your body, suffer a month or two as your body returns to normal, and see if that helps.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Normandy SR2 Flag
    #9200586 - 11/07/08 07:16 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

opiates?  Painkillers?  Codeine, Vicodin, or Percocet.  That will really relax you and should help you sleep.  Also feels great, but unfortunately it's hard to obtain them without surgery or some chronic pain issue.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #9200595 - 11/07/08 07:22 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Get healthy, or expect problems like this

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: Insomnia [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #9202832 - 11/07/08 03:40 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

AmericanPsycho said:
opiates?  Painkillers?  Codeine, Vicodin, or Percocet.  That will really relax you and should help you sleep.  Also feels great, but unfortunately it's hard to obtain them without surgery or some chronic pain issue.

I use opiates recreationally quite often(as often as i can without fear of addiction and habituation, maybe 3 times a week)

And i can tell you right now, the ONLY opiate that could possibly do ANYTHING to help me sleep is dilaudid(sp?) aka hydromorphone, which is really a bitch to find around here.

--------------------

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

#9202890 - 11/07/08 03:51 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Also, insomnia is a problem i've suffered from since i was 6... i think it all started when my parents became meth junkies, that really fucked with me emotionally, when instead of spending time taking care of their kid, they would just go lock themselves in their room for days on end and smoke meth. They were meth addicts for about 6 years, and my dad finally said "enough" when i was 12 and put the pipe down, my mother said she was also quitting, but she didn't, instead she lied to my father and continued to use behind his back, which led to their divorce.

I'm currently living with my father, my mother, and a roommate.
My parents aren't together anymore, but my mom is STILL a fucking junkie, so she spent all of her money on coke and couldn't afford rent ANYWHERE, My dad graciously took her in, and has been allowing her to live here rent-free for some months now. My mother has been seemingly clean since she's moved in, but she still buys alcohol on a daily basis, and something very concerning to me is that she "disappears" on her payday, and doesn't come back until she has no money.

idk why im writing all of this, the point was that i believe my insomnia is not substance-related, but more of a psychological problem.

Fuckin, i need to see a shrink, bad, but i dont have health insurance :frown:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder