Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenick5309
Lover

First time questions
    #9195180 - 11/06/08 12:21 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Hey guys! Ive decided i want to do shrooms, and i have some questions! I want to really trip, i really crave that whole enlightenment feeling i read about, not just crazy visuals. I have always loved nature and music, theyve both been a huge part of my life, so im really excited to do shrooms.But how much should i do? What kind of shrooms should i do? Should i just eat em, or make tea? Whats like, the perfect kind of shroom music? Any tips to a first-timer?

--------------------
When I heard the Earth-song,
I was no longer brave;
My avarice cooled
Like lust in the chill of the grave.
:merkaba:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: First time questions [Re: nick5309]
    #9195375 - 11/06/08 12:50 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Most important thing is Set/Setting

Make sure your in a place you feel comfortable and around people you can talk with about ANYTHING, and i mean ANYTHING.  Sometimes tripping will bring out things deep down in your consciousness your in denial about.  I would suggest 2 grams dried for first timer of cubensis.  You don't have to make tea, you can just eat them with any food.  Good music while tripping is subjective man, usually music u like sober is the music you like tripping. 

Bad trips are unlikly and i personally think they are "check my sig"

Good luck :thumbup:

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineRedrawing
Psychonaut

Re: First time questions [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9195403 - 11/06/08 12:55 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

You will only get "that whole enlightenment feeling" if you put some thought to it. It's not like mushrooms are an insta-enlightenment pill.

--------------------

I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it, but now that dream is over and the insect is awake

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #9195409 - 11/06/08 12:56 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I personally like to go to a place that has a lot of good energy (aka a place where it would be nice to meditate - waterfalls, hill tops, meadows etc), and listen to the sounds of nature or really chill music.  A view/beautiful open surroundings are also a nice bonus. I suggest going off a low dose then working your way up - check out the trip reports to see. Maybe 1.5g working your way up to 3.5 if you want to go higher up after an hour or so?

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: First time questions [Re: Green_T]
    #9195425 - 11/06/08 12:59 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah i was tripping in the Sonoran desert at night and the coyotes were howling in the night and some havalena decided to check out our camp site, i was tripping hard and grabbed a rock stood up and started looking from side to side wondering if the havalenas that i hear 20 feet away from me will get any closer/

--------------------

Offlinenick5309
Lover

#9195441 - 11/06/08 01:02 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

thanks man! The quote in your sig about bad trips is pretty intense, i'll keep that in mind :grin:

What about lighting? I hear shrooms are better in darkness, is this true?

edit: oh woah, didn't notice all those other responses, haha. Thanks everyone else for your advice too! I'm a college student at Stony Brook University, so there aren't very good places to go other than my dorm =\

--------------------
I was no longer brave;
My avarice cooled

Edited by nick5309 (11/06/08 01:05 PM)

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#9195458 - 11/06/08 01:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Be somewhere you feel comfortable, at peace, and safe. Preferably some place familiar. Your setting is one of the most important things. Some pre-trip jitters are totally normal. I've tripped probably 50 times or more and I still get a little nervous before I eat my acid or mushrooms. Have some music that you like. If you smoke weed, have some weed. I wouldn't recommend being high before consuming or whilst coming up. Once you're tripping, if you feel like you want to smoke some weed, go ahead. Smoking weed will likely greatly increase the effects of the mushrooms. Weed can also introduce a lot of anxiety into the experience, so only smoke if you're sure you want to. Only "bad trip" I ever had was because I smoked weed whilst peaking on 5 grams of mushrooms. 'Twas a mistake. Just relax and let the drug take over. Don't fight it. Go with the flow. If anything about your environment is bothering you, simply leave or remove what is bothering you. You're tripping. This is your special time. Don't worry about offending your friends or somesuch by leaving yourself or asking someone who is bothering you to leave. And above all: HAVE FUN! Whatever you feel like doing, do it!

--------------------

Offlineboomer q
Comrade General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
    #9195464 - 11/06/08 01:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

in my experience people do em at night cause theres not alot of people around, tripping on a nice day in a nature setting with no other folks around is tops :thumbup:

--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: First time questions [Re: boomer q]
    #9195474 - 11/06/08 01:07 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

^I usually trip at night because I like the night more than the day. The night feels more electric and mysterious. And I love the stars.

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9195476 - 11/06/08 01:07 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It just depends in the dark there is less to do and more to think about, if you sit and think a lot during a trip, you can make yourself feel crazy.  The dark sends me on spiritual trips more than day trips, but for me dose has a lot to do with spiritualism.  You can take 2 grams and trip and be amazed or you can take 5 grams, and have your entire ego obliterated, completely changed view of yourself and the universe.

It just depends what your looking for, i would start with a low dose and figure out if you want to go any deeper down the rabbit hole.  Becaue psychedelics will be the most intense life changing substance there is.  You will understand religion and why hippies are the way the are.  Especially psilocybin, its a very earthy and animal like trip.

--------------------

Offlineboomer q
Comrade General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: First time questions [Re: LSDreamer]
    #9195503 - 11/06/08 01:12 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
^I usually trip at night because I like the night more than the day. The night feels more electric and mysterious. And I love the stars.

i wish we had stars near me, jersey isnt known for its clear night skies.  i used to trip exclusively at night but recently had a great outdoors trip in the daytime. a good trip is a good trip  :tripping2:

--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#9195506 - 11/06/08 01:14 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I live right at the base of the Rockies. The stars are brilliant.

--------------------

OfflineFable22
explorer of the mind
Male

#9196160 - 11/06/08 03:16 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

if its your first trip i would time it to where you can get the best of both worlds.  i would eat them towards the end of the day when there is still daylight.  this way, when it starts to kick in you will still be able to enjoy the day for a while, then the sun will be setting during the peak, and then when the trip starts to fad it will be dark.  this way u can get a feel for what you like best

--------------------
I follow all state laws, i have never tried or grown any illegal drugs. This is all an act.

Offlinegreenmeanie
Greenmeanie

#9196192 - 11/06/08 03:22 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

See if you can get a friend to go camping with you somewhere you've been before, preferably with a friend who has trip-sat before. Bring your favorite music and a pair of sunglasses if you plan on daytripping. Personally I prefer nighttime for the moon, stars, and clouds.

Don't take too much your first time just because you "want to be enlightened". It's your own mind. The drug is just one possible key to open the door. Be prepared to be surprised. Every time I think I know what's going to happen next, I am always surprised.

Don't take too much your first time. Take just enough to get a feel for the effects. You've got your whole life ahead of you to make bad decisions, like trying a heroic dose. :smile:

You may forget what you're doing or why you're doing it. That's why a sitter is important, so you have someone to look to in case you feel lost inside your subconscious. Remember he can't see everything you see, but you will be able to send and receive vibes with your sitter. Be sure you know him well, and vice versa. There's nothing worse than beginning a 6-8 hour ordeal only to realize you're uncomfortable with the sitch. Don't begin unless you're completely free of negative energy.

Most of all,

DON'T PANIC

Offlineoptyks
Stoned Soliloquy

Re: First time questions [Re: greenmeanie]
    #9196250 - 11/06/08 03:33 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Some of the things I point out have been said already in this thread, but this is a guide I wrote a while back for n00bies first times tripping.

Set and Setting...
Make sure you aren't going to be around anyone who isn't tripping, unless you are COMPLETELY, 100% ok with them, and they are ok with you doing it.. trust me, its not fun, its a buzzkill, and it could lead to a very, very bad trip.

For me, at least, OJ doesn't help shit. The thinking behind it is the citric acid in the juice helps extract more of the psyloc[yb]in. I have taken them with a glass of diluted lemon juice (from the bottles you can buy) with my girlfriend, and it worked fantastically (strange, i know. Could be amount of acid in each, though, OJ vs. Lemon juice). Maybe even too well, because we tripped harder than ever between about .5 grams per person. (There are 3.5 grams in 1/8 Oz, For info)

Depending on your mood and the type of person you are, you probably will want to start the trip inside, listen to music, watch TV, play video games or something, but definitely go outside at some point. I've found that being outside on shrooms is one of the most amazing things i have ever done/discovered in my life. I have come to many realisations and thoughts and theories in the outdoors. It feels natural to do them outside, which makes sense. Natural drugs would have a tendency to enhance natural things.

I prefer, and recommend as well, that shrooms be taken at night, if possible. Late at night (by "normal people" standards.) meaning, eat them by 1130 or midnight. My reasons behind this are...
~*~For me, I've always been a night person, so it was that much better.
~*~There are fewer people around, and more places to hide should something happen.
~*~The stars feel like a portal to infinite anything and everything. Its beautiful.
~*~The moon shining off the clouds is awesome!
~*~ It's a more peaceful time of day.
~*~ Easier (possibly....) to see visuals.

Common Sense...
Be smart. Pretty self-explanatory, this one. Don't do it in the day time on the street where people will see your dilated ass eyes and your giggly ass attitude. People are stupid, and you may just end up being arrested because they can't figure out why some kid(s) are laughing at the funny gestures the trees are making.

Possible Experiences, etc....
On shrooms, music is 3-D. It's incredible, and you'll know what I really mean after you've experienced it.

In the event of a bad trip, keep in mind that you're on a drug, and it WILL END! You can even place sticky notes around telling yourself to let go or to calm down to help prevent this, though I never have. Most of my bad trips were just straight up mind fucks, nothing bad visually. Of course, since all this truly is careening through your mind, it can be hard to end a bad trip. For me, the worst trip started when we were all inside, but we went outside and I seriously went from really bad trip to fantastic, which might even have been an understatement.

~~~Nausea
Ahh, yes, nausea. Many people become nauseas at some point during a shroom trip. This can be caused by anything from the shroom itself, what you ate it with, or your bodies' reaction. It may get overpowering, even, at a point or two during your trip. The most, MOST important thing to remember during this time is not to panic! Panicking will do nothing more than start a bad head trip, and things will probably go down hill from there.

There are a couple things you can do to combat nausea.
~*~BREATHE!!!! Stand up, take long, deep breaths, and exhale slowly. Your body will get more oxygen and may make you feel better.
~*~Smoke weed. It will instantly (Yes, I do literally mean instantly) make you feel better. As many people claim, marijuana and shrooms are perfect for each other.
~*~Drink water. Water is the best thing for your body, and drinking a good amount of it while feeling sick on a trip will help bring it to an end and will help things move through your body.
~*~Go to the bathroom. Pretty common knowledge, though probably not a way to combat nausea, but in any case, good advice. If you feel like you're going to throw up, go to the bathroom. If it's night, and you've been in the dark, I'd recommend a cell phone or small light to be used unless you're too uncomfortable to do this. The light that a bathroom light will cast will hurt your eyes if you turn it on after being in the dark and won't help much.
~*~Find a comfortable place/position to sit/lie, and
~*~RELAX!! When I felt realllly sick on my last shroom trip, I went to the bathroom feeling like I was going to throw up. It was at night, there was a small night light in there, so I kept the lights off, drank water, and prepared myself for throwing up. After nearly doing so and leaning on the toilet, I started to feel better and just sat in the middle of the bathroom looking at what was the most intense looking wall I'd ever seen at night before. It, for some reason, was a very comfortable place to be, and I sat there for a good 20 or 30 minutes before going back and joining my brother.
If you keep in mind that you only are feeling sick because of the shrooms, and that in the overall scheme of things, you'll be fine. Be OK with whether you get sick or not, as this will calm your mind and perhaps your stomach!

Offlinenick5309
Lover

Re: First time questions [Re: optyks]
    #9200778 - 11/07/08 08:48 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

thank you so much everyone! Excellent post optyks, btw, thank you very much!
Just bought half an eighth last night, i'll be eaten em tonight! Thanks again everyone :heart:

--------------------
I was no longer brave;
My avarice cooled

Offlinejeffloomis
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9201446 - 11/07/08 11:04 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

My 2 cents, do with them what you will, these are just my opinions and not based on scientific fact:

-Fast (no food) for a few hours before ingesting shrooms, 4 hours at minimum.

-your speech will be impaired drastically the first few times on shrooms (I still have problems with it and I've tripped quite a few times), you won't know how to say things, it will take considerable effort and concentration just to blurt out one sentence while you're peaking or coming up on the high, sometimes that sentence won't even make sense.  Just a heads up.

-since this is your first time on shrooms I highly recommend you do them in a house, don't go tripping too far from the house you plan to trip at.  You'll get lost pretty easily if you don't know the area.  Nature is awesome when you're on shrooms but dont' get caught up in the moment b/c this is your first time and you may not know how to react to being caught or asked questions b/c you're doing something weird on shrooms (like looking at a tree wide eyed with jaws on the floor semi grinning for half an hour, very hard to explain yourself).  If you wanna delve into nature while tripping, GO IN THE BACKYARD.

-ingest in the evening so you'll be tripping at night, but not late night (trips last usually 6 hours avg, so if you eat them at 6pm you'll be good to go, maybe a bit earlier now that daylight savings has come into play).  Note, it takes about 30min-45min AFTER ingestion for first alert (that feeling you get when you know somethings about to happen) and about 2hours after ingestion for you to be tripping balls, keep this in mind, its not an instant high.  Smoke weed to get high faster, it cuts down the time by about 1/4 to a 1/3 I find.

-good music? Everyone has different tastes and opinions, I for one love heavy crushing metal, BUT on shrooms I find that its kind of distracting, not annoying but just a bit of a hinderance since shrooms make you think at hyperspeed.  Find something like techno is awesome to trip to, some forms of metal (aka no vocals, straight up instrumentals) can be mind blowing.  But like I said, it's all subjective, what I like won't necessarily be what you like, so experiment!

-play an instrument on the come up leg: ingest shrooms, wait for first alert, then wait 10-15 more minutes and bust out a guitar or go sit behind a drum kit and play to your hearts content.  I swear I play better on the come up on shrooms then when I'm sober.  However, don't play instruments when you're peaking (at the highest point of your high, usually 2-3 hours after ingestion), you'll find it nearly impossible sometimes incomprehensible to play an instrument at that level.

-Trip with someone for your first time.  I did and I'm glad b/c I kind of had a guide per se.  It'd be better if you did it with someone that has already done it before a few times or even at least once.  When you're both peaking you'll be able to communicate with each other without ever opening your mouth, its awesome, unexplainable and a mind blowing experience to boot, tripping alone IMO ain't the way to go especially if its your first time.

-nice calm atmosphere. Every time I've tripped on ANYTHING in my life I've done it at my friend "S" house b/c its very relaxed there and biggest thing of all the house is to ourselves, no parents or nosy neighbors.  Find a place you're very comfortable with before you trip.

-make sure you have no obligations the day of AND the day after you trip. The feeling of "shit I got something to do tom." can detract from your trip so very very very much.  So do em on a friday or something so you can sleep on saturday (granted you don't have anything planned for most of saturday). Also, after you do shrooms the first time, you'll notice that you'll feel "dull" and kind of slow the day after, that's why I say don't have anything planned.

-Get some weed, good quality weed.  It will calm  you down a LOT and also enhance your trip (both visually and mentally).  Every time I've taken shrooms I've smoked a good amount of weed.  Just my opinion, you don't have to but trust me it helps greatly.

-If things start to go south (you start to get a bad trip) just tell yourself that "this is just a trip, it is a result of me ingesting mushrooms, people have been doing it for thousands of years and I'll be perfectly fine in a few hours".  A lot of people forget that they've ingested a hallucinogen (when you're tripping balls, you forgot A LOT of things, very short term memory on shrooms) which can lead to pretty bad trips, so just repeat something similar to the sentence above and change the setting a bit, turn on a light, turn off a light (if it was on before the bad trip), watch something on TV, play a video game, do something different then what you were doing when the bad trip started.  Also get your friend thats tripping with you to help you out by reassuring you that it's just a figment of your imagination.

-Your pupils will be drastically dilated, HUGE FREAKIN PUPILS, so don't go causing too much mischief, if you get busted by the cops, you don't even need to open your mouth (especially if its your first time) before they cuff you.

Either way, enjoy your trip man!

--------------------
"Prevail, the time has come
Crush the enemy, one by one
Prevail, like a venomous snake
Ready to strike and dominate
Prevail, we conquer as one
Pound the enemy, 'till it's done
Prevail!"

Edited by jeffloomis (11/07/08 11:13 AM)

OfflineShroomKingz
Sickcunt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#26319630 - 11/14/19 10:56 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Hey guys, Im new here and have been smoking weed for acouple months now its cracka but i wanna try some magic mushrooms and i got acouple mates who are also keen, i live in nsw australia. i find it pretty hard to find a mushroom dealer or go find them myself. i dont trust myself picking the right mushroom. im hoping to get some soon, i was thinking on starting on 3grams and see how it goes let me know if its to much or not enough.
also is it alright to drink up or/and smoke weed while on a mushroom trip let me know thanks.

how much do mushrooms usually go for $$$.

i know this may be alot of questions and sorry if i may come off as annoying but im just very curious, thanks 

--------------------
There is life pre LSD and then there is a new born life post LSD - ShroomKingz

JimmmmmmBinooooo'S :mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom