Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Registered: 09/02/02
Posts: 236
Last seen: 10 months, 5 days
Does contamination necessarily equal death?
    #919536 - 09/30/02 03:47 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

So I'm fruiting some cakes and on one end of the terrarium on the moist perlite I'm using for humidification appeared some greenish stuff about 1-2 cm^2 which I quickly scraped off and disinfected. Does this mean I have to throw away my entire crop? Can I still eat the mushrooms that have already grown as long as they weren't near the contaminant? Does eating the mushrooms present any serious health risk? Thanks and sorry if this is a stupid question, this is my first time growing.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 02/11/02
Posts: 3,125
Loc: Falling into place
Re: Does contamination necessarily equal death? [Re: Metasyn]
    #919556 - 09/30/02 03:59 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

If the contamination wasnt on the substrate, you should be OK.

Be careful it doesnt spread.
Give the terraRium a clean with bleach/water. If the cakes are still in there, give it a spray with peroxide/water solution.
Best to clean it with bleach, and replace the perlite.

Good luck


"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/16/00
Posts: 10,701
Loc: ohio
Last seen: 6 hours, 4 minutes
Re: Does contamination necessarily equal death? [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #920174 - 09/30/02 08:26 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

Certain molds will cause certain people to have an allergic reaction. If there was a competing fungus growing on your cakes i would recommend not eating any fruits.

This is the only time I really feel alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* A few questions about contaminations Cerebrate 852 4 02/17/03 01:30 PM
* Possible Life and Death *important* Odd_Snail 1,883 12 01/19/02 11:10 PM
by fresh357
* i'm allergic to penicillin will that be a problem with shrooms? xoppx 3,062 8 11/03/09 11:43 AM
by Smawrpg
* Contamination?? Looks weird to me... (pictures) fIsh in my head 2,059 9 03/26/03 05:14 AM
by gee_bone
* Post Contamination Care Question Doomhammer 816 2 01/29/08 09:41 PM
by Doomhammer
* Contamination or what? Abortfungi 1,092 8 05/29/06 11:05 AM
by RogerRabbit
* CONTAMINATION Vlad 888 5 08/30/02 10:21 PM
by binary
* Contamination Advice guitarnut 611 1 07/15/03 10:58 AM

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte
763 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2016 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.019 seconds spending 0.001 seconds on 14 queries.