Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinexshadowmage666x
*opiate enthusiast*
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here, Right Now Flag
habaneros, jalapenos, and apples oh my!
    #9170261 - 11/01/08 10:12 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

So this guy at work brought in an awesome blend of peppers (including Serrano jalapeno and habaneros) peaches, (which i presume is to dull the immense heat from all the pepper action) among various spices and sugar.

This was both the hottest and tastiest "salsa" i have ever eaten. It goes great with meats, and on top of cold lunch-meat sandwiches, mixed into chili's or soups, ect. I obtained all of said peppers today so i figured id try my own blend. I will list ingredients used and would like feedback as to how it SOUNDS as I'm no chef but Ive been known to whip up great foods with frest veggies and the like.

Ingredients used

-3 Serrano(sp?) peppers
-3 nice big jalapenos
-3 habaneros
-2 medium sized apples
-salt, parsley, sugar, garlic powder (amount according to your taste preference)
-vinegar

diced up all peppers and apples, added to a bowl with sugar, vinegar (enough to cover the mix) parsley, garlic powder, salt. Mixed it all up real good, covered and out in the fridge to sit.

I think the vinegar soak with all of the sugar and other ingredients will bring down the heat and make it a bit sweet. This is how my friend at work did it, or something like this and it was wonderful if your into hot foods that have heat AND flavor rather than an overwhelming sweatfest:thumbup:

Any comments or ideas of what i can do with it tomorrow after work would be great. It will have soaked for over 12 hours then. I may just keep it in the bowl and spoon small amounts out onto a plate when having some sort of meat for dinners.:shrug:

--------------------

"It is the prayer of my innermost being to realize my supreme identity in the liberated play of consciousness, the Vast Expanse. Now is the moment, Here is the place of Liberation. " -alex grey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexshadowmage666x
*opiate enthusiast*
Male User Gallery

Re: habaneros, jalapenos, and apples oh my! [Re: xshadowmage666x]
    #9170289 - 11/01/08 10:19 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I am eating it in some cheeseburger soup (bomb ass shit if youve never had it)  The flavor is already pretty decent but its hot as fuck. I used about 3/4 of a soup spoon full of the blend to add to the soup, and its lighting my ass up right now.

I think the apples and sugar def help as far as toning down the heat but damn its still brutal! Very pretty too, alot of colors in this mix

--------------------

"It is the prayer of my innermost being to realize my supreme identity in the liberated play of consciousness, the Vast Expanse. Now is the moment, Here is the place of Liberation. " -alex grey

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
    #9170352 - 11/01/08 10:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Remove all the white parts and seeds to cut down the heat..

Best way to remove the heat from you hands. Is to mix 5 parts water to 1 part bleach and wash you hands in this.. This will turn the heat into a salt, That can be washed off with soap..

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlinexshadowmage666x
*opiate enthusiast*
Male User Gallery

Re: habaneros, jalapenos, and apples oh my! [Re: Brainiac]
    #9172810 - 11/02/08 02:47 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i wish i would have known that last night, as i ended up rubbing my eyes at somepoint AFTER i washed my hands with soap but obviously that wasnt enough, that shit had me tore up for about an hour!

I drained all the vinigar out of the dish earlier and it is really sweet and good. I actually put some of it on a sald, i know it sounds weird but the vinigar flavor is great on a sald

--------------------

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
    #9173211 - 11/02/08 04:16 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Just be lucky it was your eyes not anywhere else.... :smirk:

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlineinetd
Stranger
    #9173837 - 11/02/08 06:34 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Wrapped in a tortilla with cold meat (turkey or chicken would be good.) Maybe some cheese.

As a dip for those greek style pita breads?

I got one of those Magic Bullet blenders last year for Christmas, I think it's time I break it open and start making salsa. Thanks.

OfflineSampaJasli
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: habaneros, jalapenos, and apples oh my! [Re: inetd]
    #9174800 - 11/02/08 09:39 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

oh man
learning not to rub your eyes the hard way really sucks!!
just remember to be careful with peppers and to de-seed them if they are really hot.
also did you prefer the apple or peach version? I think that peach might go better with the heat.

--------------------

Offlinexshadowmage666x
*opiate enthusiast*
Male User Gallery

Re: habaneros, jalapenos, and apples oh my! [Re: SampaJasli]
    #9176057 - 11/03/08 05:11 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yes the peach is alot better for the heat. I was thinking along the right lines when i wanted to add the apples, but there is one problem, apples are more porous than peaches so they soaked up a not so tasty amount of vinegar, way more than the peaches do. Regardless Ive been eating it on allot of things :awesome:

--------------------

OfflineRisen_from_Ashes
Only i
Male User Gallery

Loc: Unknown
    #9190700 - 11/05/08 06:29 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i grew some habaneros 2 years back after i picked em i washed my hands and made dinner a few hrs later i had a horrible itch on my balls needless to say in about 1 minute i was rubbin aloe vera fresh from the plant on my crotch in the back yard pants less

--------------------
One of my personalities has split-personality disorder all things claimed in these posts are figments of a fractured imagination.

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
Re: habaneros, jalapenos, and apples oh my! [Re: Risen_from_Ashes]
    #9193363 - 11/06/08 02:15 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

thats a chutnay
a spicy one at that

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds