Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSouldo
New guy on theScene
New to Shrooming, advice so far?
    #919312 - 09/30/02 01:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hello, I found this awesome website a few days back and have decided to join the forums here. I read the cultivation FAQ and many of the other articles found on the website. I however am in a money bind and have no extra resources to spend to get an indoor terrarium going at this time.

I did however get the basics for an outdoor patch. I dug a hole about a foot deep under a tree near the edge of my land. Obtained some fresh manure from a farm out in the country by making a quick stop by the side of the road and filling by bucket while nothing was coming. I added some water and stirred it up and poured it in my hole. I then added a bit of wet straw and then covered the hole with a plywood board and camoflauged it. There was a small gap left on one edge for the air and a little light to get in.

Is there any step I left out? How long of a wait can I expect before I see results? Also, how often should I add water to the patch? Any advice would be most appreciated.

Edited by Souldo (09/30/02 01:55 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: New to Shrooming, advice so far? [Re: Souldo]
    #919329 - 09/30/02 01:59 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

OfflineStS
treetoker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #919399 - 09/30/02 02:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You did seem to leave one very important thing out, spores!  (Or mycellium). :grin:

--------------------

"You took too much, man....too much, too much!"

OfflineSouldo
New guy on theScene
Re: New to Shrooming, advice so far? [Re: StS]
    #919441 - 09/30/02 02:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I read that link. I am unsure from where to obtain the spores. My land conects to a farm field with cows in it so I kinda assumed the spores would find thier way over. I obtained the manure from a different farm, as I do not know the people who own the land behind mine and did not want to stroll around over there searching for manure. Anyway, is there a chance of the spores finding thier way over from the next field? The friend that introduced me to shrooming said that would work fine, but if you guys have any suggestions that would give me better odds I am willing to try them. I thank you again in advance for any wisdom that you might endow me with.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #921049 - 09/30/02 08:09 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Dude, your patch will grow with about the same odds as winning the lotto without buying a ticket.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
    #921124 - 09/30/02 08:41 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yeah those spores will just get up and walk over there. maybe they'll take a picnic basket and make it a family trip. maybe they'll like your hole so much they'll decide to move in! or maybe you should get some spores from one of the numerous partner sites to the shroomery and use those! if you have no money, go here

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=Forum15

the spore exchange was maidd for poor people man. check it out. :smirk: 

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

OfflineSouldo
New guy on theScene
Re: New to Shrooming, advice so far? [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #921173 - 09/30/02 09:06 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hey thanks, it seemed a bit far fetched, so that is why I asked the experts here. I do appreciate all the help you all have provided.

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus

Loc: South Africa
    #921187 - 09/30/02 09:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Funny Shit

--------------------
Derrayld and out of control

OfflineSouldo
New guy on theScene
Re: New to Shrooming, advice so far? [Re: Skikid16]
    #938771 - 10/07/02 08:20 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I was waiting until I got some money together to get a terrarium and the other things together before I gave this growing another shot. I gave up on my outdoor disaster thinking I'd be better off going the guarenteed success route. However I happened to lift the lid up on my outdoor box today and some sort of orange mushroom was growing in my cow shit in the ground box. There were about four of them. Something, I don't know what exactly did find its way over somehow. I will procede with my current plans, but it will be interesteing to see what comes up out of this so called "Failure" anyway..

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #941690 - 10/08/02 05:45 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Lob a cake in there, "failure" probably, but until you try introducing spores in some way that has yet to bee seen.

The difference between genious and stupidity is that genious has its limits.--- Unknown

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #941751 - 10/08/02 06:17 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Do you know how to "properly" identify a mushie that may or most likely not grow in your patch ?
Wild picking is a hole other ordeal , and is best left to those who know how .
Hell I am concerned for my patch , I have species that are toxic growing in my area , but I know what I germinated and spawned the patch with . You have no idea what will most likely emerge . If at all !
Get some spores , germ them , bring to maturity , spawn patch , wait and hope , enjoy if all works out .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #941777 - 10/08/02 06:30 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It really dosent take much money to build a terriaum... just your imangination. Some used busted fish tanks (repaired with non tocic glue), buckets, large plastic bags and the VERY popular generic rubber maid type containers... in fact many of the "dollar" type stores/wallmarts etc... sell such containers as cheap as $5.00. You can search this site for tons of diferent ideas that have been posted over the years. If your lucky, someone might give you a free spore print even.

Good luck.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Anonymous

#941932 - 10/08/02 07:42 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

terrariums are way cheap to build. get a serilite or tupperware or rubbermaid big container, and pt some wet perlite in there. you'll also need to buy jars and spores, and also the stuff to build a drying chamber, but that's it. the total cost of growing a batch of 12 half pint jars (60 grams average) is about 60 bucks. i'm sure you can put together 60 bucks.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation