Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
de-bugging.
    #918926 - 09/30/02 08:43 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I just had an idea and thought i'd ask here to see what people think.
I have been exited about the upcoming semi (P. semilanceata) season and realized that i don't want to go through the amount of trouble i always do to clean my fruits. every time i get a good haul they are horribly infested (ok, not too bad) with critters. i know that the bugs aren't harmful but i prefer to get rid of them anyway.
Ok, on to the real point. would it be feasible to use food grade dry ice and kill them off with the CO without being detremental to the fruits? i figure it would work because i use the same proceedure on my grains when preping them for long-term storage. it doesn't kill all the eggs bgut it gets rid of the live ones easily. i also figure it's might be alright for the fruits because it's mentioned in one of the guides on erowid in some kind of storage broceedeure to keep the psilocin from oxidizing in long term storage.
Any comments, ideas, or the like? also i was wondering if others have had similar problems with infestations in the semis? i have only ever heard of it mentioned once in a post but i see it almost every time, almost as bad a cubies.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: de-bugging. [Re: canid]
    #919604 - 09/30/02 04:23 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

It sounds like it would work, but I've never tried it. It doesn't sound like it would cause any problems, at worst. Try it and let us know how well it works.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: de-bugging. [Re: ToxicMan]
    #920230 - 09/30/02 08:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i'll try it as soon as starts raining. the hard thing to do will be to find the food grade dry ice, most of it has chemicals left in it from manufacture.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlineadjacent
Stranger
Loc: Atlanta
Re: de-bugging. [Re: canid]
    #921257 - 09/30/02 10:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Funny. I was thinking about getting all those little critters out the other night. They don't taste like much, but it kinda wierded me out thinking about them. Haha, I imagined them hitting my stomach and burning up like the apes in Congo. Do you think that less extreme cold temperatures would do the same thing? Like putting them in a cold freezer for a little while? Just a thought. Let us know how it goes.

--------------------
"Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies?all these are private and, except through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves." -Aldus Huxley (The Doors of Perception)

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: de-bugging. [Re: adjacent]
    #921283 - 09/30/02 10:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

just let em dry cracker dry first

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: de-bugging. [Re: Dobie]
    #921724 - 10/01/02 06:58 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i don't dry them unless i have to to store them. i don't think i'll have enough this year, only enough to share them with a friend or two. i've only hunted one year in my current field but all the semies i have found there where real small(uppon full maturity).

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification