Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest.
Re: why are hardcore chrsitians so stupid? [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #9189772 - 11/05/08 03:42 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I can't believe that people trip and don't believe in God - in some fashion.:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBlasphemous
Novice Mushroom Hunter
Female

Re: why are hardcore chrsitians so stupid? [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #9189850 - 11/05/08 03:55 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I do trip, and i don't believe in god. I do think there is some force behind everything, but a big man up in the sky with a long white beard letting the "good" Christian folk in to heaven while damning all others to a pit of eternal fire and pain.....

Come the fuck on, i stopped believing in Santa/god/easterbunney/tooth fairy and all that crap a long time ago.

And by some force behind the origin of people, and i don't mean something behind the scenes pulling the strings....I mean when i look around this planet at all the multitudes of plant/animal life all working in tandem, specially designed to coexist perfectly in every way...... And then i look across the street at people arguing in the streets and destroying each other for the most irrelevant things.....Something just doesn't click.

If there was a god, more than 75% of the wars our species have participated in would be about land, or women, or something other than which imaginary fellow up in the sky has your back.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

--------------------
"Liars prosper."
~Anonymous
[quote]lexmark said:
no, howbout you learn to be illiterate[/quote]:rofl:

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
Re: why are hardcore chrsitians so stupid? [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #9189928 - 11/05/08 04:10 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
i went on a beer run last night right after mccain conceded

the bitch at the gas station was on her cell phone screaming about barack being muslim and the antichrist.

anyway as she is ringing me out she asks me if im scared of the muslim. i told her no and that she was ignorant, fat and stupid...i admit i through in the "fat" just to be mean.

the antchrist isnt even real, its a fucking storybook character. believing in that is just as stupid as thinking obama might be a sith lord or a vampire.

This was a churchian and not a Christian.

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Edited by whattheheck (11/05/08 04:11 PM)

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

#9189945 - 11/05/08 04:12 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Agreed. I had a conversation with a good friend last night he says that when he trips he feels very isolated and alone and sees how independent we all are of one another.

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: why are hardcore chrsitians so stupid? [Re: whattheheck]
    #9189995 - 11/05/08 04:19 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

if there is a god, it is possible he has a place for the good and a place for the evil in the after life.  its also possible he did leave some written message on earth at one point to remind us of such things.  and its also possible those that are evil went around spreading false religions so they wouldn't be so lonly in hell.

but the bottom line is there really is no truths to believe in, all you can believe in is yourself and most of the time thats a piss poor idea as well

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineLndrydusting
Forever new. . .
Female User Gallery

#9190027 - 11/05/08 04:24 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

First of all Obama isn't muslim... he isn't fully black (his mom was white and black daddy, in the tradition of niggers, was completely absent in childhood) and I will tell you why Christian are so stupid....

Christians believe in something mainly because they have surrendered to the fact that they are not in control of everything.... Because of this they feel the need to blame anything they percieve as bad on the devil or God's test of love. They feel that they are right on every issue because if they are wrong about one thing, they could be wrong about everything and in that thought pattern God might not be real at all... This scares them shitless and therefor to them everything they think is right because the alternative is so beyond belief for them that it can't be true.

--------------------

OfflineDrunkenAttempt
Chemically Inclined
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nova Scotia, CANADA
Re: why are hardcore chrsitians so stupid? [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #9190044 - 11/05/08 04:26 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

If there is a God he/she/it could at least come down to earth and say hello to us every hundred years or so....what a jerk.

--------------------

Nature is my God, Science is my religion.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
    #9190047 - 11/05/08 04:26 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

AroundtheSon said:
I can't believe that people trip and don't believe in God - in some fashion.:shrug:

I do trip and I don't see what some sort of "god" has to do with me feeling one with the universe that surrounds me. The universe I live in has no need for some bearded creator. The closest I can come to the concept of constructing some sort of "god" is that nature has me in awe. I can see why this overwhelms some simple souls to an extent where they believe that this couldn't have all come from nothing and that there must be somebody with a masterplan behind it.
I suggest to these folks that they get a few science books and educate themselves properly in the physics department and very soon you'll see that there is no need for a god and that the wonders of what science teaches us about the REAL universe goes far beyond what any abstract and simplified model of a god created universe is able to do.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9190054 - 11/05/08 04:27 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

AroundtheSon said:

There is a BIG difference between believing in a "god" and being a Christian.

Agnostics believe in a god figure, but are not "Christians"

There are lots of religions in the world, but only one as arrogant as the Christian faith.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: why are hardcore chrsitians so stupid? [Re: niteowl]
    #9190061 - 11/05/08 04:27 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Agnostics believe in a god figure

Sorry, that's not true.  Agnostics neither believe in a god nor disbelieve in one--they simply don't know.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlineupinthetrees
.Ease through your Mind.
Male

Loc: P/N/W
Re: why are hardcore chrsitians so stupid? [Re: magikgrl]
    #9190064 - 11/05/08 04:28 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

magikgrl said:
Sheeeeeeeeple.

ahahahahaha :grin:

edit: makaveli (spelling) said it best, all you can really believe in is yourself..

--------------------

I want to show you life for what it's worth, from beginning to end from when your life was first launched 'till when it descends back to earth. From pyramiding at it's peak 'till when it turns back into dirt..

Edited by upinthetrees (11/05/08 04:31 PM)

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: why are hardcore chrsitians so stupid? [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #9190070 - 11/05/08 04:29 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

People also say "yeah but christians/jews/muslims all believe in the same god lol". They dismiss Hindu Gods or Greek gods or any of the other Gods but are convinced THEIR God is real. How am I supposed to believe in God yet neglect Zeus?People that think the world is going to end and we are living in the end of days don't really plan for us to have a good future because they want their shitty prophecies to be true.

I was watching a history channel documentary about the anti-christ, and how he would be a charismatic leader and blah blah blah. Obviously the anti-christ would only show themselves once they are at the top, otherwise how would they get there? This same documentary had Ted Haggard speak about the anti-christ. I believe it was the one that prompted the gay hooker he was doing meth with to recognize and out him.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Offlineboomer q
Comrade General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: why are hardcore chrsitians so stupid? [Re: niteowl]
    #9190090 - 11/05/08 04:33 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:

There are lots of religions in the world, but only one as arrogant as the Christian faith.

i think islam is a bit worse

--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Re: why are hardcore chrsitians so stupid? [Re: Green_T]
    #9190095 - 11/05/08 04:34 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Not sure why everybody responded to me when I didn't make any of the claims that they were talking about, but.....

A true Christian is not like anything that you all are talking about. Chances are, you've never met a true Christian, and if you have, they appeared, acted and lived so much more differently than the triumphant church goers that you would have never have known what their beliefs were, and they certainly were not going to force "their" beliefs on you.

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: why are hardcore Christians so stupid? [Re: deCypher]
    #9190096 - 11/05/08 04:34 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

the craziest thing is how much each religion has touched us even if we don't engage in that religion.  for example it just hit me that most of the time when i talk about "gods" i visualize a man with extraordinary powers...but wtf i also know he may look nothing like us, maybe a she, maybe just energy in which case god could be around us all everyday, and maybe he isn't all powerful and thats why he hasn't communicated....but yeah it just gets me the first thought that comes to my head every time someone says god is gandalf the white, why the hell is that?

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: why are hardcore Christians so stupid? [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #9190121 - 11/05/08 04:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I have nothing wrong with people believing in nonsense, as long as they don't think they are better than me because of it or try to put that nonsense in laws that govern, or tell me doing drugs is wrong because of that very same nonsense.

Because "God made man in his own image", shouldn't God look Ethiopian?

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Offlineboomer q
Comrade General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: why are hardcore Christians so stupid? [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #9190129 - 11/05/08 04:40 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

christians who allow themselves to think are fine, i went to a catholic school for high school and thought it was great, very open minded and philanthropic.  the ones i cant stand are the evangelicals or "born agains" because they dont have any thoughts, if anything challenges their beliefs they just refer to the bible and say look, heres what god says we're right.  those people are dopes

--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Re: why are hardcore Christians so stupid? [Re: boomer q]
    #9190167 - 11/05/08 04:48 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Agreed. I heard a wise man say that it is the height of delusion to cling to a name, whatever that name may be, and not allow the Light that the name is meant to represent to transform your life. Christ said, "by their fruit you will know them" and the fruit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness & self control. These are the things I look for. I don't care what people claim. Talk is less then cheap.

--------------------

OfflineLndrydusting
Forever new. . .
Female User Gallery

#9190186 - 11/05/08 04:50 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

whattheheck said:
Not sure why everybody responded to me when I didn't make any of the claims that they were talking about, but.....

A true Christian is not like anything that you all are talking about. Chances are, you've never met a true Christian, and if you have, they appeared, acted and lived so much more differently than the triumphant church goers that you would have never have known what their beliefs were, and they certainly were not going to force "their" beliefs on you.

In that logic there are really very few true christians.... Just because your mind can't wrap itself around all the "rules" of a certain religion doesn't mean you aren't a true believer.

I, myself  was a christian in my earlier years until I realized that there was very little way to be a "true christian" and I couldn't accept that while being one... Perfection is sought out in all religions and the only way to stick with those is to accept less than perfection. You can still strive for it but even according to the Bible the only perfect man was Jesus. I don't believe you can judge people as un-true christians and be one yourself. All people are misguided in some way or else we would be God:shrug: are you?

--------------------

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Re: why are hardcore Christians so stupid? [Re: Lndrydusting]
    #9190282 - 11/05/08 05:09 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Please understand that I was speaking of dogmatic beliefs and NOT individual souls. As in the belief that is compatible to be a Christian and yet openly enjoy hating people such as gays or pro choice individuals or Barack Obama "because he's a Muslim". That can't work. There's a big difference between the person who knows that they are struggling with certain issues (as we all do) and the ones who barricade themselves behind some wall of beliefs and dogmas that are 180 degree turns from what their supposed God and founder of their religion taught.

And the scripture I always think of is, "to those who practice righteousness, righteousness is credited to them".

Perfect practice makes perfect, but it does require some desire and effort. :shrug: Far be it from me to judge, I just feel sorry for those who have bought into the system that preaches hatred in the name of Love and they then in turn spread hatred for that very cause. And if you've been around, or even read just a few posts here on the Shroomery, you can see and feel the active destruction that Western churchianity has done to a great many people.

I just feel that they should know that to this day, 100% of their legitimate complaints are contradictory to that which Christ taught.

Peace.

--------------------

Edited by whattheheck (11/05/08 05:13 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order