Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: I'm no believer, but wouldn't a cathedral be hell of a place to trip? [Re: Razor3lade]
    #9191953 - 11/05/08 10:04 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I've been to Angkor Wat and Ta Prohm in Cambodia (sober unfortunately). I think those places have a spirit around them that I would love to be immersed in. The tour guides call this temple "the kodak eater".Part of the Tomb Raider movie was filmed there.

In one of the temple complexes it was built and then forgotten for 100s of years, so the temple and the jungle have become one and look symbiotic...Trees holding up rock and roots climbing over stone like veins on an arm...

More pictures

Ta Prohm :awesome:

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: I'm no believer, but wouldn't a cathedral be hell of a place to trip? [Re: AnotherDimension]
    #9192570 - 11/05/08 11:46 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

AnotherDimension said:
Positive energy can exist in both psychedelia and religion.  Why does there need to be contention?

There's a lot of pain experienced by MANY of the catholic/christian faith. Not all, but a great deal.

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

OfflineNexion
Seeker
Male

Re: I'm no believer, but wouldn't a cathedral be hell of a place to trip? [Re: PyroBurns]
    #9193999 - 11/06/08 08:41 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

This is would insane, minus the crowd.

OfflineAnotherDimension
Wanderer in the Land of the Lost

Loc: USA
Re: I'm no believer, but wouldn't a cathedral be hell of a place to trip? [Re: PyroBurns]
    #9198346 - 11/06/08 09:09 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PyroBurns said:
Quote:

AnotherDimension said:
Positive energy can exist in both psychedelia and religion.  Why does there need to be contention?

There's a lot of pain experienced by MANY of the catholic/christian faith. Not all, but a great deal.

I believe it is safe to say that every person on the planet experiences pain.  I don't see the connection.

--------------------
Another Dimension
---------------------------
"Come, and trip it as ye go,
On the light fantastick toe."

OfflineSirSmokesAlot
Business First
 User Gallery

Loc: Kentucky
Re: I'm no believer, but wouldn't a cathedral be hell of a place to trip? [Re: AnotherDimension]
    #9198375 - 11/06/08 09:12 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

One word, Machu Picchu. Ok maybe that's two.

--------------------
Skellyton
The Comprehensive Truth
Ignore all things posted above. Any thing I said, or said that I did is a complete and total lie.

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#9199717 - 11/07/08 12:29 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

AnotherDimension said:
Quote:

PyroBurns said:
Quote:

AnotherDimension said:

I believe it is safe to say that every person on the planet experiences pain.  I don't see the connection.

Oh for Christ's sakes (pun intended).

Catholism often punishes its believers, teaches its believers that their friends will go to hell, that the believers should go against their nature no matter how much it hurts, etc...

Before you say certain churches don't have that, I guarantee you that none of those churches have these cathedrals.

These cathedrals have definitely seen a lot of pain, depression, death, suicide, insanity, murder, etc...

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

Offlinegreenmeanie
Greenmeanie

#9201533 - 11/07/08 11:20 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ah yes, but all that pain and suffering has built up amazingly beautiful treasures in heav... er, I mean funded the construction of some of mankind's most treasured earthly artwork.

I went into the reading room of UW's Suzzallo Library my very first time tripping. It was so epic, I could harldy keep myself from busting up laughing from all the euphoric energy flowing through the place. The Grand staircase is made of this rock that has amazing veins running through it, I was stunned at how everyone in there studying could concentrate with all the loudness of the architecture making itself present all around me.

UW Suzzallo Library Images

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: I'm no believer, but wouldn't a cathedral be hell of a place to trip? [Re: greenmeanie]
    #9201595 - 11/07/08 11:35 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

The bottom line is that people have done horrible things in the name of god, but also wonderful and beautiful things.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder