Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: The Blatant Moronic Nature Of the Republican Party [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9190042 - 11/05/08 04:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The Pauloons are out in force.  Ron Paul is a fucking nutcase.  That's why he got no traction.  If you don't think Paul is a nutcase, then you, sir, are a nutcase yourself.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: The Blatant Moronic Nature Of the Republican Party [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9190062 - 11/05/08 04:28 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Me?

I've always thought the guy was absolutely fucking loony tunes.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#9190072 - 11/05/08 04:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry, you were an innocent victim of my failure to properly denote my respondee.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#9190108 - 11/05/08 04:36 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You're the bird-hunting Dick Cheney of the politics forum.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#9190134 - 11/05/08 04:41 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I think I have a band aid in my pocket.  It's a little dirty but it will cover most of the wound.  Wimp.

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9191607 - 11/05/08 09:11 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
The Pauloons are out in force.  Ron Paul is a fucking nutcase.  That's why he got no traction.  If you don't think Paul is a nutcase, then you, sir, are a nutcase yourself.

It's always interesting to see how people will distort consistent truth into ugliness.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #9191670 - 11/05/08 09:23 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

I don't know what this shit is supposed to mean.  You keep saying htis shit.

What was so crazy about Ron Paul and his platform?

The fact that you seem to conflate the loony tunes that support Ron Paul (See: backwards B lady; stormfront et al; alex jones, et cet) is troubling.

The only thing I've heard you bitch about was his noninterventionist foreign policy.

If you've got something to say why don't you say it rather than spouting bullshit.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: The Blatant Moronic Nature Of the Republican Party [Re: johnm214]
    #9192221 - 11/05/08 10:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

It is a measure of how far we have departed from our founding documents that returning to a faithful adherance to the Constitution seems crazy.

We really have lost our way as a nation and need to return to basics and living within our means if we want to leave any semblance of a nation for future generations.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: The Blatant Moronic Nature Of the Republican Party [Re: zorbman]
    #9193683 - 11/06/08 06:08 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zorbman said:
It is a measure of how far we have departed from our founding documents that returning to a faithful adherance to the Constitution seems crazy.

We really have lost our way as a nation and need to return to basics and living within our means if we want to leave any semblance of a nation for future generations.

What?

Please point out to me where in the Constitution it says that gays shouldn't be allowed to adopt or that women shouldn't be allowed to have abortions.

I must have missed those clauses.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #9193715 - 11/06/08 06:26 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Quote:

zorbman said:
It is a measure of how far we have departed from our founding documents that returning to a faithful adherence to the Constitution seems crazy.

What?

Please point out to me where in the Constitution it says that gays shouldn't be allowed to adopt or that women shouldn't be allowed to have abortions.

You chasm jumped on him there. He never said anything about that. The U.S. Constitution allows for states to make such amendments on their own state Constitutions if that is what the people of the state vote for.

Blame the ignorant voters of states that ban it, not the Constitution.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Blatant Moronic Nature Of the Republican Party [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #9193784 - 11/06/08 07:19 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

No it doesn't.  The equal protection clause bars such discriminatory laws as does the due process clause if you buy the arbitrary and capricious interpretation which pretty much everyone does.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9193842 - 11/06/08 07:44 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Quote:

zorbman said:
It is a measure of how far we have departed from our founding documents that returning to a faithful adherence to the Constitution seems crazy.

What?

You chasm jumped on him there. He never said anything about that. The U.S. Constitution allows for states to make such amendments on their own state Constitutions if that is what the people of the state vote for.

Blame the ignorant voters of states that ban it, not the Constitution.

Any clauses in the state constitutions that do not sync with the federal constitution are null and void, including these amendments restricting the rights of homosexuals.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: The Blatant Moronic Nature Of the Republican Party [Re: Redstorm]
    #9193886 - 11/06/08 08:04 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

So, you are both saying that it is not the fault of the U.S. Constitution that gays can not have legal civil unions? That is what I am saying.

If you are also saying that states can not make amendments in their own Constitutions to ban them either, then , it is still not the fault of the U.S. Constitution.

( Didn't get much sleep last night and want to be clear on who/what Madtown is rightly or not blaming for the bans.)

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9194011 - 11/06/08 08:44 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

All I'm saying is that though state constitutions can enable additional rights above and beyond the federal constitution, it can not take away or grant fewer rights than are in the federal constitution. I'm not placing blame over than with the bigots in the states that voted for these measures.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: The Blatant Moronic Nature Of the Republican Party [Re: Redstorm]
    #9194032 - 11/06/08 08:48 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Any clauses in the state constitutions that do not sync with the federal constitution are null and void, including these amendments restricting the rights of homosexuals.

Aside from the 14th amendment not being part of the "founding documents," incomplete incorporation is still the status quo.

And I don't understand how libertarians defend gay marriage when government should have absolutely nothing to do with it no matter what people's naughty bits are. Marriage as a government institution needs to be abolished, not extended to gays.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Blatant Moronic Nature Of the Republican Party [Re: d33p]
    #9194099 - 11/06/08 09:02 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

They defend it only because it is a constitutional requirement when other classes are allowed marriage- that's it.

No argument for gay marriage from me if straights weren't given it.

What is the founding documents distinction?  Who cares?  I don't get it.

And what are you refering to with incomplete incorporation?  What does that mean?

I don't get why we need to call it marriage if we're going to have it anyways.  If its such an issue then call it a "license" and leave it at that.  And if people care about the religious aspect they can have the church proclaim it a marriage.

And I never understood why the church required licenses to wed anyways... what do they care?  If its a godly institution why does god care about the law?  The bible says to obey the law of the land but marrying in a church without a license isn't against the law anyways.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#9194214 - 11/06/08 09:23 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

So because government gives one segment of the population something it shouldn't, they should give it to every segment? It just seems to me that it's thinking like that, that would leads to increases in government even if libertarian reformists helmed the government.

Zorbman was talking about the "founding documents" when people jumped on his ass using the 14th amendment as evidence. And I mentioned incomplete incorporation because what Redstorm said has not been the case even with the very liberal usage of the 14th amendment, as some amendments in the bill of rights have not been applied to the states.

--------------------

bang bang

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
    #9194221 - 11/06/08 09:25 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Oh, you are back.  How was the ban?

You think if you say this enough times you'll be able to make it true?

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Blatant Moronic Nature Of the Republican Party [Re: d33p]
    #9194279 - 11/06/08 09:35 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
So because government gives one segment of the population something it shouldn't, they should give it to every segment? It just seems to me that it's thinking like that, that would leads to increases in government even if libertarian reformists helmed the government.

Zorbman was talking about the "founding documents" when people jumped on his ass using the 14th amendment as evidence. And I mentioned incomplete incorporation because what Redstorm said has not been the case even with the very liberal usage of the 14th amendment, as some amendments in the bill of rights have not been applied to the states.

Yes they should give it to everyone.  Constitutional issues trump policy and philosophy.

Marriage shoudl be abolished, however; it is not unconstitutional per se, and so if the legislature enacts it they must not discriminate.  When my libertarians views contrast with the constitution I try to defer to the constitution or wish to amend it in extreme cases.

They can do what some of the racists in the south did when they schools were integrated- shut down the institution completely.

And yeah, I get you now on incomplete incoporation.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#9194390 - 11/06/08 09:56 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
Yes they should give it to everyone.  Constitutional issues trump policy and philosophy.

Marriage shoudl be abolished, however; it is not unconstitutional per se, and so if the legislature enacts it they must not discriminate.  When my libertarians views contrast with the constitution I try to defer to the constitution or wish to amend it in extreme cases.

They can do what some of the racists in the south did when they schools were integrated- shut down the institution completely.

And yeah, I get you now on incomplete incoporation.

When it comes to voting on a specific ballot measure, I can see why one would defer to the constitution. Despite technically being against gay marriage, I voted against a constitutional definition of marriage in Florida for obvious reasons. However, at least in this thread, it seems that you place a much greater emphasis on the need to extend the scope and legitimacy of a government institution that is discriminatory by nature rather than rightfully abolishing it. It a nut shell, it's annoying.

--------------------

bang bang

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order