Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
Re: Peganum harmala "Syrian Rue"
    #91828 - 01/18/00 10:48 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

... um... I hate to ask again.. but I would still like to know if any of you know proper dose and multipliers and combinations.

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLuciferX
ape

Re: Peganum harmala "Syrian Rue" [Re: DinoMyc]
    #91830 - 01/19/00 11:02 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

well, i happend to try a combo almost identical to yours.
About 4 weeks ago i took 1.3g cubes and 3g of rue. the overall feeling was about 2.5-2.7g and it lasted abit longer than normal too.. about 5-6 hours..

so i would think rue multiplies by about 1.9 or so..

------------------
-LuciferX-
"Religion is the opiate of the people" Karl Marx.
Go to this site, I am poor.
http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=BFR536

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

OfflineDinoMyc
    #91831 - 01/19/00 01:31 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you!
I am very interested in this, for a few reasons:
By useing a potentiator, one can ingest less psilocin/cybin.. an economic advantage and possable less dangerous..which brings me to my next concern:
Psilocin is very simmilar to serotonin, which is broken down my MAO.. when seritonin is broken down by MAO, it can chemically "burn" your cells.. this is why MDMA is so bad for you, it dumps large amounts of serotonin into your brain, which is broken down (because it isnt ment to have that much released at once).. well, I have seen no investigative research as to the effects of broken down psilocin.. or what chemicals actually metabolize Psilocin (psilocybin is converted into psilocin before it enters your brain)..
if it is MAO, then an inhibitor would prevent the damage.. :smile:
anyway.. i am interested in any factual info any of you may have.. scientific reports in journals, etc.. :smile:.. thanks

--------------------

Anonymous

#91832 - 01/20/00 03:39 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I'm really interested in using some syrian rue, but I'm having a really hard time finding some, I thought I did from some exotic seed dealer, but the packs were of 10 seeds for about $1, not quite what I expected, since I'd need about 30 packs of these seeds for 3 grams. If you guys know of a better place to get them, could you post it or private message me? I'd really appreciate it.

Anonymous

#91833 - 01/20/00 03:46 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Check out the Basement Shaman, very interesting product, very good quality, very fast delivery. Enough ass kissing, check it out for yourself:
http://www.basementshaman.com/basementshaman/syrruepeghar.html

OfflineDinoMyc
    #91834 - 01/20/00 09:04 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

that link, basement shaman, is a ripoff..
you can get a lb of seeds for 20$ or a half lb for 10$.. very cheap.. from www.jlfcatalog.com
anyway.. gelcaps are very cheap.. if you pulverize both the syrian rue and fungus.. then you can put them in caps.. but read this and follow if you do chose to use rue:
fast for at least 24 hours beforehand
do not eat for 12 hours after finishing tripping ( you will probably be asleep anyway )
the reason for this is that both the shrooms and rue are better after fasting, and because rue, being a MAOI, is dangerous in combination with with several chemicals found in nearly everything..
any more info you have is appreciated

--------------------

Anonymous

#91835 - 01/20/00 03:49 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Do they ship to CA ?

OfflineDinoMyc
    #91836 - 01/20/00 03:58 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

why wouldnt they? syrian rue is not controlled in anyway..

--------------------

Anonymous

#91837 - 01/20/00 06:24 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Um, u can eat when ur using a MAO inhibitor, just u can't eat certain things like aged cheese, wine, banana's etc. Im pretty shure non of us is gonna fast for 24hrs, thats unduring alot of anxiety for no reason. I suggest you look around the lyceaum a bit..

Cya, just thought id say that so eveyone doesn't go about starving themselves.

Spellbin

OfflineDinoMyc
    #91838 - 01/20/00 06:35 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

you do not HAVE to fast, but to make the experiance more spiritual, I reccomend fasting when psilocin/cybin is used..
and YES it is DANGEROUS to eat certain foods, and the list is many many pages thick (it is distributed whenever someone is prescribed MAOI containing drugs.. although they are not common anymore, they are still infrequently used)
you can die from eating the wrong food, and the standard american diet includes a huge amount of forbidden combinations.. and they can stay in your system for extended perids of time.. be carefull with what you say, if ppl believe you, and ignore the warning.. they could be harmed..
the lycaeum is by no means a comprehensive information resource.. go to your university library (your nearist) and look for research on whatever you are thinking about.. MAOI's have a huge amount of research on them available, but psilocin/cybin has much less..
anyway.. dont just flame here.. if you have personal experiance, please share it.. if you have tachnical data, please share.. dont just flame and call names.

--------------------

Anonymous

#91839 - 01/21/00 02:25 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

instead of listing all the things that you can't eat, why isn't there just a list of foods that are safe to eat, I've been interested in MAO inhibitors for some time, but can't find a list like this. I just cannot contemplate fasting, I'm extremely irratable when I can't find something to eat, I wouldn't want to trip like that.

-peace

OfflineDinoMyc
    #91840 - 01/20/00 10:50 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

they dont list foods "safe" to eat, because there is alot of variety in what is in those foods.. its alot safer to fast.. its not as hard as you think:
eat a huge meal the night before, make sure you eat foods which will keep you full for a long time.. go to sleep.. don't eat during the day.. you will find its alot easier than you think.. I am very much an "eater".. I eat at least 4 meals a day when I can.. healthy though, none of that pizza and hamburger shit for every meal.. thats just plain stupid.. sooo bad for you.. anyway.. eat a big meal.. and sleep late.. drink water but no soda.. soda will make you thursty and hungry when you fast.. a LITTLE coke can help, but too much will be bad.. anyway.. its really not all that a big deal..
and not eating after/during tripping.. if your tripping hard, you can't eat anyway.. and dont feel like it after for a while..
look at depression.com (org? i dunno) and other websites with MAOI info..
they may have a few recipies which you can eat.. but its better to fast anyway, its more spiritual and improves the trip because of fasting's effect on your serotonin levels anyway.. and improves absorption of psilocin et al..
:smile:

--------------------

OfflineDinoMyc
    #91841 - 01/22/00 11:44 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

just checking if anyone has any further info.. Im getting about a lb or so of rue soon.. see how it works out.. I will do my best to keep you updated..
:smile:

--------------------

Anonymous

#91842 - 01/23/00 04:54 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, last night, I dreamt that I took half a pint of brew that was half of a brew using 15 grams of SR seed ground and boiled in 2 cups of water, one cup of vinegar, then strained, then reboiled in same amount of liquid. So that means I dreamt of drinking a brew with 7 1/2 grams of sr. It was terrible tasting, I had some Chaliponga to take with it, but after I was able to get the Sr down, I didn't think i could get the chaliponga down, but anyways, I puked my guts up every 15 minutes, was unable to walk, just laid there, if I got up, I puked. I now know why they call Cappi "La Purga." It is definently something I do not want to repeat. Oh yeah, the hangover was hell, but actually not as bad as alchol, I've never been that sick(as an alchol hangover...) I wouldn't recommend it, i'm still feeling like shit...
Oleander

------------------
I'm only two people away from having a menage a trois!

OfflineDinoMyc
    #91843 - 01/23/00 05:45 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Damn, that sucks.. I havnt seen that method of preparation anywhere.. but that sucks... did you eat any food though? you may have had an interaction.. headaches and things like that are common with combinations with MAOI's..
Have you tried pulverized (mortar and pestle sp?) syrian rue, maby washed before grinding (and redried)..
into 00 size gelcaps.. a dose of around 2-3 grams with 2 or so grams of shrooms..
your dose, from what I take, is pure syrian rue..
anyway.. thanks for your report!

--------------------

Anonymous

#91844 - 01/23/00 08:47 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I pretty much fasted yesterday, and was just unable to eat today, due to being totally disgusted. I swear, that was about the sickest I've been in a long time, next to an alchol hangover. I know that only 3 grams are necessary for mao inhibition, and I took 7 1/2 grams, so the sickness may have been due to overkill. That was my first time with SR, but I'm afraid it ruined me on it, I think the smell of the shit will make me puke from now on...
about taking mashed seeds, I hear they're harder on your stomach than the extract, so I don't think I'll be trying them, as my stomach was pretty much destroyed last night...
oh yeah, I also felt pretty dehydrated this morning, probably due to all the vomiting, and that's where the hangover feeling came from...
I must admit though, the visuals were awesome... tracers for miles!
Oleander

------------------
I'm only two people away from having a menage a trois!

Anonymous

#91845 - 01/24/00 10:09 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

all right first of all, try redwood city seed co. and no they do not send to CA. rue is not leagl there. Try a simple extraction method, grind 2 tbls of rue seed , put it into tea bags and boil in 1/2 cup water for 20 min. remove the bags and boil away the water slowly untill you have a thick red goo, scrape it up w/ a spoon . if it gets to hard add a little more water and boil away again this will be about 1- 1.5 grams extract

doses over 2 grams are no more effective in increasing the potency of shrooms

I took 12 grams of shrooms on new years and i was slightly impesed . and 2 days ago i took 7.5 grams of the same shrooms w/ 1.5 grams extract and i thought i was dying i was soooooo fucked up i could not see, walk, talk and the knowledge was overwelming I cant wait to do it again

oh ya and eat crackers and milk

------------------
insert fork in nipple, twist, enjoy

OfflineMunkyKing
journeyman

Loc: Florida
    #91846 - 01/24/00 11:38 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I've been lurking around this board for a while, but after reading some of these posts, I realized I may have some info that may be of assistance. I've partaken of harmaline/harmala a few times, and with few complaints. I didn't extract it -- simply because I didn't have access to the ingredients I needed. I ground it up and ate it straight -- no gel caps, just a table spoon and a glass of water. It was definitely a bad tasting seed, but i think the benifits made the experience worth repeating.
Anyway, to get on with my story, the first time i took rue, I ground it in a coffee grinder and ate two table spoons, chased with a glass of water (almost sent me to the porcelain shrine, but I endured and kept it down). I then went about my buisness and waited for it to take affect. I took this at around midnight, and after about forty five minutes started feeling the effects. To sum it up (i know this isn't the place for trip reports, so I'll post the whole report elsewhere) I had good visuals and loss of equilibrium that reminded me of being slightly inebriated. This lasted until I fell asleep.
At another time I ingested about as much rue, and smoked a bowl of rue in preparation for a shroom experience I was fixing to embark upon. Needless to say, the trip was excitingly visual on much less than I normally take.
The point? I did not fast for 24 hours, with all the researching i have done (which isn't graduate calibre research, but rather research enough for me) 6 hours seems to be enough time for any unwanted substances to leave your body. And, a total fast is not completely necessary -- white bread and water is safe enough. But the value of a solid fast cannot be over emphasised.
In my experience, Rue just about doubles the potency of shrooms (1.9 is a good estimate), but also adds a dimension that isn't normally there.

InvisibleMycofellas
Dirty Hippy
Loc: Westward-facing School Bu...
    #91847 - 01/25/00 08:54 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I'll have to agree, MunkyKing. I ordered a big bag of gelcaps from the Herbal Shaman, I think, last year, and he sent about 5 grams of Syrian Rue seeds as a thank-you. I ground them up thoroughly in a coffee grinder and mixed them in water and drank the mix, and then chased it with some more water. I didn't think it was all that bad. Maybe like some bad coffee or something. :wink:
Anyway, I started to feel just a bit stoned about 15 minutes after the Rue drink, and took about 3 grams of mushies about half an hour later.
Every time I closed my eyes, even if it was just a blink, I saw something new, and during the peak I couldn't help but writhe on the floor in extasy!
I didn't do any fasting (and had a pretty spiritual experience anyway), but I had done a bunch of research and made a pretty big list of everything I should not eat. If anyone wants, I'll see if I can find it and post it here.
I keep thinking I might get some more Rue and let my friends try it, but there is danger involved.

I don't think an extraction process is necessary. I'm not known for a particularly strong stomach, but I didn't feel *any* nausea.

I definately recommend giving it a try... just do your homework beforehand! :biggrin:
-Myco

--------------------
"the west is the best"

OfflineDinoMyc
    #91848 - 01/26/00 02:18 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Mycofella, that sounds kick ass.. every time you closed your eyes.. :smile:
My friend plans on preparing ready to go gelcaps of shrooms and rue.. for friends who do not like the taste

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds