Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinech40sth30ry
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rocky Mountains
Re: 4 days after inoculation no sign of mycelium [Re: J3illy]
    #9183427 - 11/04/08 04:16 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It doesn't get any better. After they colonize, you have to wait another week. After that week, you birth them, then wait another week to two weeks for pins ... then wait for fruits.

It just goes on and on and on ... :rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe shroomy 1
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 4 days after inoculation no sign of mycelium [Re: sixsixsix]
    #9187143 - 11/05/08 02:41 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sixsixsix said:
I lowered the temp and I guess I'm just going to be patient and give it a week. I just can't stand waiting I just want to see something happen already

:rofl:  Not to be mean my brother, but if you are THAT IMPATIENT, this hobby is going to freakin KILL YOU!!!! 

Inoculate your jars.... place in dark place, (room temp),  come back and take a peek in about 10 days.  By then, you will identify what jars are "Golden", and what jars are contaminated, (If any.).;

The Shroomy 1

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 4 days after inoculation no sign of mycelium [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #9187453 - 11/05/08 06:49 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Here's a quote by RR that pretty much sums this up ->
Quote:

And I've been trying to correct that disinformation for years. It's all based on a chart somebody mailed to stamets many years ago showing 86F to be the peak temperature for growth of cubensis on a petri dish, and everybody just accepts it as though Moses carried it down from the mountain on a tablet of stone. However, every single experiment I did to try to duplicate that with extremely accurate temperature monitoring was unable to verify that bogus 86F figure. What I have repeatedly found regardless of strain is that cubensis colonization remains rather flat from about 75F through 81F. Beginning at 83F, the rate of growth falls off sharply. By 86F, growth has slowed down nearly 50% what it was between 75f and 81F. These experiments were conducted on petri dishes that produce little to no heat because of the very thin layer of mycelium. In jars, up to several degrees of heat is produced by the colonizing mycelium; so definitely don't go over 80F to 81F if you're looking for maximum rate of growth. Furthermore, bacteria and thermophilic molds such as Mucor, the black pin mold are stimulated by higher temperatures. Therefore using an incubator set to 86F is certainly favoring bacteria and molds, while slowing down mushroom mycelium growth. Below is a picture of one of my colonization shelves. It sits in my bedroom at normal room temperature and quart jars of rye berries colonize fully in ten days, and pf jars colonize fully in 14 to 21 days, but usually closer to 14. How often do we see posts where people have incubators set at 86F, and they're asking why their jars aren't colonized after four to five weeks, and they have large spots of yellow liquid forming? The liquid is metabolites that the mycelium secretes in response to stress, usually from competitor molds and/or bacteria. What has happened, is they've slowed down the mycelium while stimulating the competitors.

I felt infinitely smarter after reading this collection of RR quotes.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: 4 days after inoculation no sign of mycelium [Re: Spongiform]
    #9187496 - 11/05/08 07:18 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Spongiform said:
Here's a quote by RR that pretty much sums this up ->
Quote:

And I've been trying to correct that disinformation for years. It's all based on a chart somebody mailed to stamets many years ago showing 86F to be the peak temperature for growth of cubensis on a petri dish, and everybody just accepts it as though Moses carried it down from the mountain on a tablet of stone. However, every single experiment I did to try to duplicate that with extremely accurate temperature monitoring was unable to verify that bogus 86F figure. What I have repeatedly found regardless of strain is that cubensis colonization remains rather flat from about 75F through 81F. Beginning at 83F, the rate of growth falls off sharply. By 86F, growth has slowed down nearly 50% what it was between 75f and 81F. These experiments were conducted on petri dishes that produce little to no heat because of the very thin layer of mycelium. In jars, up to several degrees of heat is produced by the colonizing mycelium; so definitely don't go over 80F to 81F if you're looking for maximum rate of growth. Furthermore, bacteria and thermophilic molds such as Mucor, the black pin mold are stimulated by higher temperatures. Therefore using an incubator set to 86F is certainly favoring bacteria and molds, while slowing down mushroom mycelium growth. Below is a picture of one of my colonization shelves. It sits in my bedroom at normal room temperature and quart jars of rye berries colonize fully in ten days, and pf jars colonize fully in 14 to 21 days, but usually closer to 14. How often do we see posts where people have incubators set at 86F, and they're asking why their jars aren't colonized after four to five weeks, and they have large spots of yellow liquid forming? The liquid is metabolites that the mycelium secretes in response to stress, usually from competitor molds and/or bacteria. What has happened, is they've slowed down the mycelium while stimulating the competitors.

I felt infinitely smarter after reading this collection of RR quotes.

good read that thread A:thumbup:

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

InvisibleLoveOverAll
HigherSpiritEvolving
 User Gallery

Re: 4 days after inoculation no sign of mycelium [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9187608 - 11/05/08 08:13 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i dont know why i keep clicking on these question, i know the outcome is always the same. there should be a mandatory faq and sticky reading before noobs are allowed to post questions*  :deal:

Offlinesixsixsix
New
Male

Re: 4 days after inoculation no sign of mycelium [Re: Spongiform]
    #9187676 - 11/05/08 08:41 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I meant I just want to know that I'm doing it right, I grew hydroponics pot before this and that takes about 3 months but every day you can see change. I just can't stand thinking something is not going right or something was done wrong

Offlinenenl
Strangest

#9187686 - 11/05/08 08:46 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It's a hard lesson to learn for some of us - myself included. However, once things get rolling, it seems to move almost too fast for me. If you're in this hobby for the long run, I'd recommend starting the process, whether pf tek or grains, each week and you'll almost have constant change from day to day and plenty to keep you busy with nocing, fruiting, harvesting, printing. Then if you get into agar, that adds another dimension to the matrix and can easily take over all your free time if you let it.

--------------------
hehe

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
    #9187690 - 11/05/08 08:48 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

pot and shrooms are worlds apart
like The shroomy 1 said put them away for 10 days or so
go on with your normal daily routine then check them
what ever you do take our advice or not good luck
and keep us posted

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

Offlinesixsixsix
New
Male

Re: 4 days after inoculation no sign of mycelium [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #9187704 - 11/05/08 08:51 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Thats why I found this forum for help, books and everything else does compare to people that have already had success

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate