Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

So... Im fruiting something lame, UPDATE with pics
    #9180692 - 11/04/08 01:24 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

A huge cake... probably the size of an oldschool record, and about 5 inches tall.

Its a really weak substrate, that was actually made from salvaged materials. Its probably around 35% verm, 25% steer poo, 10% BRF, and 30% peat moss.

Weak ass pinset.

I suck, just thought i'd share.

--------------------
I am the first person to admit that I'm wrong about something, If I post anything misinforming or misleading, do not hesitate to call me out on it. IF I'm actually wrong, that is. I usually wont post something unless i know it to be 100% true, but mistakes happen.
If you try to tell me i'm wrong about something im positive of, i will argue with you until you stop breathing.

Edited by fr33d0mfry (11/11/08 03:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: So... Im fruiting something lame [Re: fr33d0mfry]
    #9180699 - 11/04/08 01:25 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Pics?

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: So... Im fruiting something lame [Re: J3illy]
    #9180710 - 11/04/08 01:29 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

meh, i'll get some pics up tomorrow, hopefully ill have something better to show you, more pins or something.

either way, i still suck :laugh:

--------------------
I am the first person to admit that I'm wrong about something, If I post anything misinforming or misleading, do not hesitate to call me out on it. IF I'm actually wrong, that is. I usually wont post something unless i know it to be 100% true, but mistakes happen.
If you try to tell me i'm wrong about something im positive of, i will argue with you until you stop breathing.

Offlinefungiamongi2
pharmer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9180742 - 11/04/08 01:36 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

what did you use to make a cake the size of a record?

--------------------
gonna bring her a kiss, make those blues run

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: So... Im fruiting something lame [Re: fungiamongi2]
    #9180777 - 11/04/08 01:47 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fungiamongi2 said:
what did you use to make a cake the size of a record?

tupperwarez

I should add, i didn't pasteurize or sterilize ANYTHING for this aside from my pint of wbs i used for spawn.

Honestly im shocked i didn't get contams, i was drunk as fuck when i put this grow together, i woke up the next day and smacked myself for "wasting" a pint of spawn on something i was nearly positive would contam. lewlz

--------------------

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

#9188808 - 11/05/08 02:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well... This cake was sitting on the lid of a tupperware yesterday.
I took a few xanax bars last night, and when i went to check on the cake this morning, it wasn't on the lid anymore, it was sitting directly on the perlite.

I dont for the life of me know how i got the cake off the tupperware lid and back into the FC without it falling apart, this cake is NOTHING like a pf cake as far as density goes, i feel like if i try to pick it up it will crumble.

So, im not gonna take it out of the fc to get pics until harvest time.
i'll update in a few days with pics of harvest.

--------------------

Offlinefridyrls
Cultivator

#9189086 - 11/05/08 03:30 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Can't wait to see these pics.

Offlinedubie78
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: So... Im fruiting something lame [Re: fridyrls]
    #9189121 - 11/05/08 03:36 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Lol upload pics asap, id like to see.

--------------------

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: So... Im fruiting something lame [Re: dubie78]
    #9202953 - 11/07/08 06:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This shit is pinning like CRAZY now, but the biggest mushrooms seem to be growing WAAAAAY slower than they usually would... I'll try to get a pic, but my camera is a piece of shit.

EDIT: Not only is my camera a piece of shit, its also not here, my mom must have taken it to her boyfriends >.<

Also i should say, i lifted it off of the perlite at some point and placed it back on the tupperware lid, the bottom where it was touching the perlite had a little spot of trich, scraped it off. Hopefully plenty of FAE will be enough to get a harvest off of this thing before the green goblin takes over.

--------------------

Edited by fr33d0mfry (11/07/08 06:09 PM)

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

#9222142 - 11/11/08 03:04 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:shrug:

Edit: I took 4 mush off the cake before the pic was taken, theyre caps were becoming concave

--------------------

Edited by fr33d0mfry (11/11/08 03:06 AM)

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9222183 - 11/11/08 03:11 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Pretty damn solid. :thumbup:

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: So... Im fruiting something lame [Re: J3illy]
    #9222204 - 11/11/08 03:15 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

J3illy said:
Pretty damn solid. :thumbup:

Thanks, i guess its not so bad considering that my substrate was never sterilized or pasteurized, and had low nutes.
I dont expect a decent second flush :shrug:
These will be harvested tomorrow, I like to let tha caps get real wide and almost concave, just personal preference :P

edit: only some will be picked tomorrow, my pinset wasnt the greatest

--------------------

Edited by fr33d0mfry (11/11/08 03:16 AM)

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
    #9222302 - 11/11/08 03:46 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I hope it swells with tears and dies...lol

fry you can do better than that! c'mon man, Im lazy, but that takes the cake...:lol:

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: So... Im fruiting something lame [Re: P.Menace]
    #9224483 - 11/11/08 03:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

P.Menace said:
I hope it swells with tears and dies...lol

fry you can do better than that! c'mon man, Im lazy, but that takes the cake...:lol:

heh, i know i know, it was an accidental grow really... made of a bunch of shit i was fucking around with while i was all fucked up onn xanax and liquor hahaha

anyway, harvest time:

--------------------

Edited by fr33d0mfry (11/11/08 03:42 PM)

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
    #9224673 - 11/11/08 04:17 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

decent

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

OfflineStimpy913
Happy Happy Joy Joy
 User Gallery
    #9224710 - 11/11/08 04:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hold it by the shrooms see if they come off

--------------------
How to talk to cops

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

#9225119 - 11/11/08 05:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

P.Menace said:
decent

Yeah, it was alright, considering the massive amounts of fail i put into preparing the grow, and the extremely low quality substrate i used lol

I already harvested, trashed the cake, the trich i mentioned earlier in this topic was spreading, not too fast, but i doubt i would've gotten a second flush

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #9225673 - 11/11/08 07:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

never try removing trich, its just spreads the spores. Apply a salt paste to the infected area and an inch beyond. You got a decent flush though.

A:thumbup:

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: So... Im fruiting something lame [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9225679 - 11/11/08 07:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
never try removing trich, its just spreads the spores. Apply a salt paste to the infected area and an inch beyond. You got a decent flush though.

A:thumbup:

thanks, will do that next time i encounter the green goblin

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder