Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Just took my last (and best) bonghit ever. [Re: MHbound]
    #9180763 - 11/03/08 11:43 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

hahahahahhah ya right

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Just took my last (and best) bonghit ever. [Re: Coaster]
    #9180767 - 11/03/08 11:44 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

My mom works for the city board of education around my area, and she said they did...Probably just bull shitting me so I don't try to become a teacher.

--------------------

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
Re: Just took my last (and best) bonghit ever. [Re: MHbound]
    #9180782 - 11/03/08 11:48 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

or so you don't do drugs.............. nahhh.

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Just took my last (and best) bonghit ever. [Re: memes]
    #9180817 - 11/04/08 12:05 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Why not buy some detox shampoo? :confused:

$49.95

4 oz Detoxifying Shampoo
Works in sixty minutes, no need to bleach or perm, no need to cut your hair, no hair dryers or shower caps needed. Thin/short hair and light users have a 99.99% success rate. Shampoo needs to be used the day of your appointment, temporary results last 4-6 hours.

Buy 3-5 units and get 10% off. Buy 6 or more units and get 15% off. Change quantity in Cart.

http://www.passyourdrugtest.com/kits/hair-tests.htm

--------------------

Offlinemozartvicious
Perma Trails
Male

Loc: Dead luck hubris
Re: Just took my last (and best) bonghit ever. [Re: DieCommie]
    #9180839 - 11/04/08 12:14 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

mozartvicious said:
I don't see making them pay more.  Perhaps a personal insurance plan maybe, but a company health plan shouldn't be based on potential risks like smoking.

So you basically want non-smokers to subsidize smokers added health costs.  Well, a lot of people do want that, but not I.

I'm saying a non-smokers health costs aren't substantially different than that of smokers.

I know non-smokers who were in the hospital all the time, people who played rugby and skateboarded and shit, costing their insurance company thousands of dollars for orthopedic surgery.
and then people like my uncle who has been smoking for 40 years and hasn't had one health problem as a result from it.
You can't just assume that a smoker is going to have added health costs over someone who doesn't smoke... that's insane.

--------------------

Friend- "Dude, A lot of people thought you were a snob in High School"

ME- "What? I didn't even talk to those people"

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Just took my last (and best) bonghit ever. [Re: mozartvicious]
    #9180841 - 11/04/08 12:15 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

This assumes you either smoke, or don't smoke and participate in other activities.
Say I smoke, snowboard, play rugby, and skateboard. Then what?

--------------------
!

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Just took my last (and best) bonghit ever. [Re: jewunit]
    #9180842 - 11/04/08 12:17 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You're fucked. From a medical insurance standpoint, that is.

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Just took my last (and best) bonghit ever. [Re: DeathCompany]
    #9180846 - 11/04/08 12:19 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

O and be aware that there is such thing as passive second and smoke ESPECIALLY on hair. So if your hanging around people who smoke and it goes near your hair then it is very possible that it will come up on a drug test.  People get screwed on the hair tests in another way as well. When a drug is taken it is metabolized and is deposited in a segment adjacent to the hair root. This lets tests determine when the drug was taken. Regular hair growth is 1.3 cm per month so for example you smoke weed and wait 3 months.  They can look at your hair and see that 3.9 cm up from the scalp has cannabis metabolite in it.This sounds all fine and dandy although the drug metabolite is usually distributed  over multiple segments extending far from the root. This one time drug use will look like multiple doses over a good period of time.

--------------------

Edited by DeathCompany (11/04/08 12:21 AM)

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
    #9180962 - 11/04/08 01:31 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:

I take it they won't tell you in advance when they are going to test you. I don't think "Hey, can you hold off on the test while I go and wash my hair real quick?" is an option here. :grin:

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Just took my last (and best) bonghit ever. [Re: German Kahuna]
    #9181055 - 11/04/08 02:40 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

German Kahuna said:
Quote:

DeathCompany said:

I take it they won't tell you in advance when they are going to test you. I don't think "Hey, can you hold off on the test while I go and wash my hair real quick?" is an option here. :grin:

I believe they would have to tell you in advance. They aren't going to test you in the employers office, they send you to a testing facility. In which case they would give you previous notice because I'm sure they don't assume you to have an open schedule for the week.

--------------------

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
    #9181336 - 11/04/08 07:12 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Great responses everyone - sorry I couldn't continue participation in the thread, as I abruptly passed out shortly after making this thread.

Anyways, Cowgold (i believe is the one who asked the question) - I plan on working there as an economist for a couple years, as I plan on getting my MBA from a university around there.  Eventually if i don't enjoy what I'm doing i'll just leave the gov't sector and get a job in the private world (perhaps in MGMT, as that is my other major and i'm great with people)

Thanks for the info about the shampoo - I may have to use it if I get interviewed/hired before my desired date (90 days from now). 

I'm very excited about the whole situation.  The pay is only moderate, but my resume qualifies me to come in as a GS-7 (and possibly a few steps up in the pay grade) instaed of a Step 1 GS-5... so that's nice.

Anyways - at least we got another NORML member & mushie lover raging our nations capital.

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
Re: Just took my last (and best) bonghit ever. [Re: memes]
    #9181363 - 11/04/08 07:31 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

hell yeah.

however i wouldnt say "last bonghit ever".  what about when you are a retired old man?  you gotta toke it up then! 

good luck with your career though.

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9181413 - 11/04/08 08:02 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:
I believe they would have to tell you in advance. They aren't going to test you in the employers office, they send you to a testing facility. In which case they would give you previous notice because I'm sure they don't assume you to have an open schedule for the week.

Not true.
Every on the job drug test I have taken was an on the spot test.
They come and get you, and tell you to go to their facility (somewhere in town) for a drug test.

If they tell you in advance, it is too easy to fool the test.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: Just took my last (and best) bonghit ever. [Re: niteowl]
    #9181478 - 11/04/08 08:22 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

That's what I thought. I guess the only way to avoid getting caught then is to always carry a very convincing wig made out of, say, goat hair which you can put on right before they take a hair sample for testing, the result will be: "very healthy hair, no traces of any illegal substances, but goat poop contamination in sample".  :biggrin:

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Just took my last (and best) bonghit ever. [Re: German Kahuna]
    #9181530 - 11/04/08 08:34 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Most drug tests, here in America, are piss tests.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleZiggen
Bludgeon Yer Eye
Male User Gallery

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: Just took my last (and best) bonghit ever. [Re: niteowl]
    #9181595 - 11/04/08 08:49 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

On the smoker's paying more/being excluded from company health plans :

My father is an actuary who is extremely fiscally conservative, ie., he hates the idea of anyone subsidizing anything for anyone else.  My father is recognized as one of, if not the, leading expert on COLI (corporate owned life insurance) in the country.  He has testified before congress and in numerous trials as an expert witness on various insurance related (mostly COLI) issues.

He is of the opinion, for reasons that I cannot articulate, that companies denying coverage, or raising rates, for employees who smoke, or are obese, or who demonstrate any number of similar risk factors, is nothing but bullshit.

Offlineisaacein
exp(ix) = cosx + isinx

#9181620 - 11/04/08 08:57 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mozartvicious said:

I'm saying a non-smokers health costs aren't substantially different than that of smokers.

Quote:

In 1991, smoking-attributable health care costs in Canada were $2.5 billion (CAN). Additional smoking-attributable costs included $1.5 billion for residential care, $2 billion due to workers' absenteeism, $80 million due to fires and $10.5 billion due to lost future income caused by premature death. Adjustments for future costs if smoking had not occurred and smokers had not died were estimated to be $1.5 billion. According to this analysis, smokers cost society about $15 billion while contributing roughly $7.8 billion in taxes. The results indicate that smoking-attributable costs in Canada have increased steadily since 1966 to the 1991 value of $15 billion. Nevertheless, while the determination of smoking-attributable costs is important, the issue continues to be public health. In addition, for the first time in Canada, the smoking-attributable cost for residential care has been estimated.

Link

There's definitely more info out there. Just what I found with a quick Google search.
Smoking costs billions.

--------------------
Formula: 0

OfflineAltecLansing
Trafalgar Square Pigeon Fiasco
Male

Loc: Michigan
    #9181697 - 11/04/08 09:25 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mozartvicious said:
Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

mozartvicious said:
I don't see making them pay more.  Perhaps a personal insurance plan maybe, but a company health plan shouldn't be based on potential risks like smoking.

So you basically want non-smokers to subsidize smokers added health costs.  Well, a lot of people do want that, but not I.

I know non-smokers who were in the hospital all the time, people who played rugby and skateboarded and shit, costing their insurance company thousands of dollars for orthopedic surgery.
and then people like my uncle who has been smoking for 40 years and hasn't had one health problem as a result from it.
You can't just assume that a smoker is going to have added health costs over someone who doesn't smoke... that's insane.

I'm not taking one side or the other, as I believe that if someone wants to stick a nail through their ear it's not my place to tell them no. However, I'd have to say that many places that offer insurance benefits are more concerned with long term health costs.

A skateboarder might break his leg or collarbone, but in 5 years he'll be fine. Someone that smokes 2 packs a day might go his career without a single hospital visit, and then 3 years into retirement get diagnosed with lung cancer.

I say this because my grandpa smoked from age 14 to age 51. He was diagnosed at age 62 and died at age 64.

"You can't just assume that a smoker is going to have added health costs over someone who doesn't smoke... that's insane. "

Come on now...

http://www.ecancermedicalscience.com/news-insider-news.asp?itemId=311

--------------------
I don't use jelly.

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Just took my last (and best) bonghit ever. [Re: Ziggen]
    #9181829 - 11/04/08 09:58 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ziggen said:
On the smoker's paying more/being excluded from company health plans :

My father is an actuary who is extremely fiscally conservative, ie., he hates the idea of anyone subsidizing anything for anyone else.  My father is recognized as one of, if not the, leading expert on COLI (corporate owned life insurance) in the country.  He has testified before congress and in numerous trials as an expert witness on various insurance related (mostly COLI) issues.

He is of the opinion, for reasons that I cannot articulate, that companies denying coverage, or raising rates, for employees who smoke, or are obese, or who demonstrate any number of similar risk factors, is nothing but bullshit.

It may be bullshit, but they do it. I went for health insurance, and they clearly asked me numerous times if I smoked etc...Some places even test you to see if you smoke, I guess by mouth swab?

--------------------

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: Just took my last (and best) bonghit ever. [Re: AltecLansing]
    #9182087 - 11/04/08 11:11 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

If you were an insurance company, you would increase your rates for smokers due to their increased health problems.

I'm a smoker, but I still think it's funny that noone bitches until it costs you money.  Like the health problems are so bearable, but god damn you if you try and charge me for it.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals