Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #9434050 - 12/15/08 12:01 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Group 1:

They are certain they are right/saved/special and will be more than happy to tell you so.

I shall assume they partake of mushrooms and/or cannabis else they would likely not be on this site.

Group 2:

Their fellow Christians outside The Shroomery also are certain they are right/saved/special and will be more than happy to tell you so.

Most non-Shroomery 'born-agains' believe that partaking of mushrooms and/or cannabis is evil/sinful/immoral.

Thus Group 1 is at odds with Group 2 and yet both are totally right and both have interpreted the Bible's stance on this 'correctly'.

And of course, Group 1 Christians will fail to mention in their Bible study/Church group/congregation/family gatherings that mushrooms and cannabis are not evil and allowed by The Bible. They will live by their creed and come out 'of the closet' - NOT!

Christ on a stick.

I see truth in this.

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineC.M. Mann
subconscious explorer
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: fivepointer]
    #9434891 - 12/15/08 03:31 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I normally don't feel comfortable communicating with members of your group, because I try to approach ideas with logic. I don't know if you realize it but drugs were widely used before, during, and after the time of Jesus. Jesus himself probably had several drug experiences, and there is nothing in the bible that says that I can't smoke reefer.  Jesus taught us to let him preach, and for us to listen and be good neighbors.

OfflineBernackums
The universe will have its way.
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: C.M. Mann]
    #9435294 - 12/15/08 07:30 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Why is The Bible true? Because?

--------------------
Let's get the fuck out of here.

Invisiblemushroom people
I ♥ LSD
Male

#9435447 - 12/15/08 08:36 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

They are certain they are right/saved/special and will be more than happy to tell you so.

So you think this only happens with born agains?

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: Bernackums]
    #9436257 - 12/15/08 11:52 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Bernackums said:

because the christ said so, and what the christ said is true to the believer because he said so.

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Edited by JCoke (12/15/08 11:54 AM)

Invisiblemushroom people
I ♥ LSD
Male

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: JCoke]
    #9436506 - 12/15/08 12:37 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

The Christ was dead 350+ years before the Bible came to be. I don't think he said any such thing.

OfflineBernackums
The universe will have its way.
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: mushroom people]
    #9437439 - 12/15/08 03:09 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

The Old Testament was around before Jesus Christ, sir. But all I'm saying is I hear alot of people reference The Bible as if it is equivilant to truth (probably due to a religious up bringing) without questioning to themselves why that is.

--------------------
Let's get the fuck out of here.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: Kupo]
    #9437661 - 12/15/08 03:39 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mrspirit2 said:
Does anyone know how many different versions of the bible there are? I'm curious.

http://kjv.us/genesis/1.htm

Click on the 3-letter abbreviations at the top to get an idea. The original Hebrew of the Tenach (OT) and the biblical Greek (without punctuation, capitalization - which determines meanings) are still the original languages.

OfflineCultosaurus
Aspiring Psychonaught
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #9440684 - 12/15/08 10:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mrspirit2 said:
Does anyone know how many different versions of the bible there are? I'm curious.

many, hundreds, depending on how far back you go into history. The bible as it is today was originally deemed 'The Bible' in 325 at some gathering held by the emperor Constantine. He is alleged to have converted to Christianity. He did. On his deathbed about 10 years later. He was a follower of Mithras. He kept the forgiveness of his sins till the last, because he knew that he was going to keep doing things that he would only have to confess at the end. Over 160 Gospels existed at the time and only 4 were allowed in.

Quote:

Bernackums said:

Here's an interesting wrinkle. I might suggest a book by Tom Harpur who wrote the book The Pagan Christ.

Interesting theory. I believe him.

Christ never existed. His was a story taken from many others, primarily the Egyptian stories of Horus, Isis and Osiris. Everything that happened to Horus, happened to Jesus. It's like a bad movie remake. When you look at the actual words, the sentences are either exact copies or very close with many of the same words, only slight grammatical changes.

Many of the stories come from Egypt, then also Greek Dionysus, Mithras, Persian and others

It's important to remember what a Gospel is. It is a story of someones impressions of life. None of the Gospels were written by the names on them. Mark did not write The Gospel of Mark, nor John, nor Luke nor Mathew. Some else did. In many cases, several someones.

This is where all these stories break apart. They were never meant to a literal telling of a person. They were, as Jesus spoke, parables. They were stories to teach a lesson. It was the early church that created a 'Literal Person' of the character Jesus. There is simply not enough actual, historical proof that he existed.

Here's where I'm going to get yelled at. The bible is not proof of the bible's existence. Biblical scholars will use the bible to prove stories in the bible. Nazareth did not exist. The Romans were very meticulous in their record keeping. They taxed EVERYTHING. If there was a Nazareth, they would have taxed it. No Roman records. Jesus of Nazareth?

The bible has been taken to mean actual, literal history. It is not. It was meant to be allegory. A teaching tool. It was early church leaders who decided to make a person of Jesus. Do you know how many versions of the name Jesus there were? There was not even a 'J' in the alphabet at the time. It was created during the time of King James. His original name, had he existed would have been more like Yashoua. And then there are the Egyptian versions of the name.

The original stories went from Aramaic to Greek to Latin to Olde English to Modern English. Have you ever played that game, say a sentence, pass it from one person around the room and find out what it sounds like at the end?

I'm not saying that the teachings are bad teaching. What I am saying is that people put far too much into it. Jesus, even in the bible did not say that he was the 'one and only' son of God. We are all the children of a creator. Only John had him saying that. The other books only had him saying 'Son of God'. Mark did not even begin the story until he was 32 years old, the one year of his ministry. Mark has one year. Others put it at 3 years of ministry. If Mark's was a biography, it would have begun in his childhood. The birth stories are different at the beginning from book to book. The death stories are different at the end.

Sin never meant what it means now. It only meant doing what was against your own moral code. The word itself was taken from many other words of that historical era. The things that are stated as sins are people's words, not the creator's.

and the Old Testament  .. . . don't get me started . .. . ..

Here is where we finally get to the 'born again'. Horus said it too. Only thru me, that a man is born again can he enter heaven. Again, all taken out of context. It is a very Gnostic saying. A person changes when they get to a certain realization. Intellectually and spiritually. I have nothing against born agains. I will not argue with anyone's personal beliefs. We will all reach a certain level if spirituality if we choose to do so. But you have to go for it. Some want it, some need it, others are happy without it.

I'll leave this to see if anyone has comments.

Peace
Cult

--------------------
A Coming Out of Retirement Psychonaughtical Traveler

InvisibleJawofmalak
Friendly Stranger

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: Cultosaurus]
    #9443171 - 12/16/08 11:30 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, to say that Jesus doesn't exist is just plain stupid. With the level of understanding of Hebrew history we have today, to say Jesus doesn't exist is just ignorant. The first written work of Alexander the great was written 500 years after he died, and was don't deny he existed. Even the buddha isn't questioned, and he lived 500 years before. The story of jesus is told from a purely jewish context. It's just that ignorant authors that are tryign to sell books don't even try to put themselves in the mind set of a person that lived during that times, and how they would have interpreted the book. I'm no christian, but shitty scholarship is shitty scholarship. it's time we stop perpetrating these "myths" and actually tackle what the book actually has to say.

--------------------
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #9443191 - 12/16/08 11:34 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

No, New Age types also think they have special abilities.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: Jawofmalak]
    #9443212 - 12/16/08 11:39 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ok, to say that Jesus doesn't exist is just plain stupid.
To say Jesus doesn't exist is just ignorant.

Seems someone does not comprehend the difference between ignorance and stupidity. Not a good way to start a post.

--------------------

Invisiblemushroom people
I ♥ LSD
Male

#9443433 - 12/16/08 12:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

No, New Age types also think they have special abilities.

No one said anything about special abilities. Stick to the topic. Skeptics seem to think they have the market cornered on being right, just like born agains.

I think that what is right for me may not be right for you. What's true for me may not be true for you. Truth on the other hand is absolute.

InvisibleJawofmalak
Friendly Stranger

#9443467 - 12/16/08 12:34 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, to say that Jesus doesn't exist is just plain stupid.
    To say Jesus doesn't exist is just ignorant.

Seems someone does not comprehend the difference between ignorance and stupidity. Not a good way to start a post.

Hmm, in retrospect I sounded like a douche bag. So, sorry for coming off like that. but in all seriousness, Jesus's existence has been more than proven. I mean how much proof is needed? What I'm saying is, that he existed. Whether you believe in his message r not is different. i personally do not. But don't deny his existence because you don't like the message.

--------------------
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#9443538 - 12/16/08 12:46 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Skeptics seem to think they have the market cornered on being right, just like born agains.

***IGNORANCE ALERT!***

A skeptic is a person who must question and investigate BEFORE accepting something as fact. There is not a claim of being right; there is ONLY a pointing to the lack of evidence of a claimant.

A Born-Again is a whole' nother animal. That will make totally unsubstantiated claims about life-after-death, and how and who will be 'saved'.

There is no comparison.

--------------------

Invisiblemushroom people
I ♥ LSD
Male

#9443548 - 12/16/08 12:49 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry, Skeptics think their methodology is the only way to discover what is true.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#9443550 - 12/16/08 12:49 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

No one said anything about special abilities. Stick to the topic.

Short-term memory loss? Chi anyone?

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9443549 - 12/16/08 12:49 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

OC, do you believe that God exists?

If the answer is yes, then you're not a skeptic.

If the answer is no, that you believe God does not exist, then you're not a skeptic on this position.

If the answer is no, that there is no evidence either way (a true skeptical position), then you're a fence-sitting agnostic who must be equally skeptical about invisible pink unicorns.

I doubt you fall into this latter camp.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleRecondicom
Power of four
 User Gallery

#9443563 - 12/16/08 12:51 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

IMO.

1.-  In the history of language there is an extensive Diaspora. The indo-Semitic alphabet is considered an evolution from the Egyptian alphabet or way of writing. The roman alphabet is the one we use in English.
  2.- The Sumerian symbolism of the ankh or resurrection.
  3.- The religion of becoming Osiris.
  4.-In Judaism as I learned from the New Testament the followers are called the sons of God.  But it is the duality that Jesus came to fight. Therefore; the two commandments of love are a new development. In a way a type of Buddhism of two truths that become one.
The different in Jesus is that we are born with it. All we have to do is to practice the pure love.
  5.- Jesus existed and imparted the forbidden knowledge to unclean followers and women. Therefore, he was killed for imparting classified knowledge. As to what this knowledge was…the new testament is not  clear other than saying…Jesus continue to further teach his disciples.
  6.-It is my intuition that the word Jesus means teacher. Christ is a greek addition. It is of the same root as Yeshiva.
  7.- Yesh.

--------------------
Wave.
'And for this reason repentance (metanoia) is an elevating means. For he who feels impatience with the circunstances in which he finds himself, devises means of escape.
  Now the chief thing in purification is the will. For then both deeds and words lend a helping hand. But, when the will is absent, the whole purificatory discipline of initiation is...'

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#9443577 - 12/16/08 12:54 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sorry, Skeptics think their methodology is the only way to discover what is true.

I am NOT Al Gore, but I have contributed in some small part to: the internet(built routers), music software, artifical intelligence, gas chromatography, satellite communications, and computers.

Seems to be a pretty damn good method.

Please share your method, what you mean by true and what you have discovered.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order