Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKupo
Kupop!

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: falcon]
    #9184600 - 11/04/08 07:34 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

JESUS WAS A DUDE WHO KNEW WHAT WAS UP, THE END.
Buddha knew what was up, too.
As did Krishna.
as did (insert name here)

Now it's up to you to know what's up!

Fun isn't it?:discorex:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemyriadeyes
man with a movie camera

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: DieCommie]
    #9184890 - 11/04/08 08:12 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I knew it could ferment on it's own, I just thought it took a while if you didn't purposely add yeast. If you're right, then your science debunks my "philosophy" :shrug:

It certainly could have been wine. What I don't know is why all 4 times they refer to it as "fruit of the vine" when the term wine is consistently used throughout the Bible.

Quote:

Jawofmalak said:
I'm not talking about how some Christians like to get drunk,  I was talking about communion. Alcohol is a part of Christian religious rites. That's why they stand it and condemn everything else. Because the bible gives it a green light, and everything else is "pharmakia".

I just acknowledged that all drugs aren't pharmakeia.. Aspririn, tums, etc. Of course everyone knows a glass of wine is supposed to be healthy too. It was also much safer than water back then. I still hold to drugs being sinful by the context of their use - with alcohol, if your trying to escape reality or whatever, that's probably not good.

You could make that same argument for the positive benefits of other drugs also and they may likely be plausible arguments, but the Bible also says to obey the laws of the land, so I guess that's where I have to draw the line, regardless of whether using the drugs is actually wrong or not..I would definitely agree that smoking pot helped me to be more sympathetic towards others - actually that goes for acid and ecstasy as well haha..I know people who (it appears) effectively deal with serious anger issues by tokin a bowl..so I don't know if I believe they should all be considered "evil" in and of themselves.

--------------------
If you spare a little of your imagination . . .

Offlinemyriadeyes
man with a movie camera

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: myriadeyes]
    #9185041 - 11/04/08 08:33 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It does bother me though that Christians in America think that this is a Christian nation where all others should adhere to their moral code. This clearly goes against the Bible, which teaches that we are to live from the heart, and not strictly by law. If laws are imposed on someone who doesn't agree with them and would break them if there was no punishment, according to the Bible, they are no better of a person for living by them.

It's unfortunate Christians think it is their duty to stop other people from sinning. As long as it doesn't impede upon another's freedoms, we have no right democratically or religiously to stop others from using drugs or gays from getting married. Just as America doesn't need to be the world police, Christians need to stop trying to be the moral police. The Bible doesn't teach this..

--------------------
If you spare a little of your imagination . . .

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #9185224 - 11/04/08 09:04 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Equally, do you think that skeptics would share their drugular~ ventures with all of the other skeptics that don't partake,
or are they stuck in that closet with the closet drug taking Christians....?

It has less to do with "evil", and more to do with those activities being against the laws of the land and not wanting to get in trouble....    :shrug:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleJawofmalak
Friendly Stranger

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: myriadeyes]
    #9185784 - 11/04/08 10:15 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

myriadeyes said:
I knew it could ferment on it's own, I just thought it took a while if you didn't purposely add yeast. If you're right, then your science debunks my "philosophy" :shrug:

It certainly could have been wine. What I don't know is why all 4 times they refer to it as "fruit of the vine" when the term wine is consistently used throughout the Bible.

Quote:

Jawofmalak said:
I'm not talking about how some Christians like to get drunk,  I was talking about communion. Alcohol is a part of Christian religious rites. That's why they stand it and condemn everything else. Because the bible gives it a green light, and everything else is "pharmakia".

I just acknowledged that all drugs aren't pharmakeia.. Aspririn, tums, etc. Of course everyone knows a glass of wine is supposed to be healthy too. It was also much safer than water back then. I still hold to drugs being sinful by the context of their use - with alcohol, if your trying to escape reality or whatever, that's probably not good.

You could make that same argument for the positive benefits of other drugs also and they may likely be plausible arguments, but the Bible also says to obey the laws of the land, so I guess that's where I have to draw the line, regardless of whether using the drugs is actually wrong or not..I would definitely agree that smoking pot helped me to be more sympathetic towards others - actually that goes for acid and ecstasy as well haha..I know people who (it appears) effectively deal with serious anger issues by tokin a bowl..so I don't know if I believe they should all be considered "evil" in and of themselves.

Well with the right amounts, cough syrup becomes a very powerful drug. Shit fucks you up. But i understand where your coming from, as I myself used to be like you. I was studying under a Pastor to one day be a Pastor myself. I was a fundamentalist Southern Baptist Christian. I know the bible.

But when you start studying it deeper 9the torah) your going to start seeing some things you didn't notice before. I'm know your thinking "that was done away with", but go back and read it with an open mind. "I have not come to destroy the Law, but to fulfill it." What does that mean? The Torah was and forever will be binding to all believers. And when you accept that, you'll notice that all the "laws" of the bible, are nothing more than arbitrary rules that have no meaning outside of themselves. The hard addictive drug known as alcohol is ok, but the soft not addictive non fatal drug  marijuana is not.

When you break out of that mold, you'll start to ee things a little different. Those things that where once "sinful" will prove to be nothing more than personal choices, or even beneficial. I know, because I used to hate gay people. I wanted the US to adopt a law where stoning could be brought back. But after i left that mind set, i saw gays for what they where, just people like you and me. And then i thought to myself, "How coudl the great Creator, who made everything around us in infinite detail ever care is a man on a speck of dust of a planet loved another man? Would that single act cause the Creator so much anger that he'd wish that creation dead? Do gays not experience true love? How could God be against true love?" Think about that.

--------------------
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #9186057 - 11/04/08 10:51 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Equally, do you think that skeptics would share their drugular~ ventures with all of the other skeptics that don't partake,
or are they stuck in that closet with the closet drug taking Christians....?

You went for the drugular vein with that question.

Sometimes I do; sometimes I don't.

But here is the BIG diff:

Both Group1 and Group2 Christians are happy to specifically tell you what you is moral and immoral and will do their best to get you to comply - through force if necessary.

My stance is do what ever you want; worship as you want; as long as you do not step on my toes or endanger me or try to limit my rights to what I want when I am not affecting someone else. Leave my private life alone!

Live and let live. Pursuit of happiness and all that.

--------------------

Edited by OrgoneConclusion (11/05/08 12:15 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #9187926 - 11/05/08 09:46 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

My stance is do what ever you want; worship as you want; as long as you do not step on my toes or endanger me or try to limit my rights to what I want when I am not affecting someone else. Leave my private life alone!

This ruins it for all true believers. They need to force everyone to believe or they might have to face doubt. You would be a constant reminder that not everyone believes what they believe.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: Icelander]
    #9187965 - 11/05/08 09:54 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I had to walk through a minefield of men in ugly suits handing out bibles on campus just to get to work today. Fucking modern day conquistadors......:mad2:

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

OfflineKupo
Kupop!

#9188679 - 11/05/08 12:15 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

This ruins it for all true believers. They need to force everyone to believe or they might have to face doubt. You would be a constant reminder that not everyone believes what they believe.

This is true, but no believer is going to ever admit that.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: Kupo]
    #9188729 - 11/05/08 12:22 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Almost no believer. I once was a believer. I was very young of course and I'm using that as my excuse. Then there was the LSD also.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: blewmeanie]
    #9188730 - 11/05/08 12:23 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Print up some of your own pamphlets.

If they are Mormons, give them a handout on how 120 innocent pioneers were slaughtered in 1857 at the behest of Mormon leaders.

If they are Catholic, give them a handout on how anywhere from 50,000 to 2,000,000 innocents (mostly women)were murdered during the Spanish Inquistion or how the Church protected pedophile priests.

Do appropriate research for other groups. Most older religions have blood and other atrocities on their hands.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: Kupo]
    #9188749 - 11/05/08 12:25 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Now Ice believes in Carlos Castaneda and can come up with many excuses for the man's foibles and fictions.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9188779 - 11/05/08 12:29 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

If they are Mormons, give them a handout on how 120 innocent pioneers were slaughtered in 1857 at the behest of Mormon leaders.

If they are Catholic, give them a handout on how anywhere from 50,000 to 2,000,000 innocents (mostly women)were murdered during the Spanish Inquistion or how the Church protected pedophile priests.

Do appropriate research for other groups. Most older religions have blood and other atrocities on their hands.

American colonists were responsible for the death of millions of Native Americans through the spread of infectious diseases, war, and violence.  Does this mean we shouldn't be Americans?

If you want a truly compelling argument against Mormonism or Catholicism, please find modern-day examples of bloodshed in their name.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#9188807 - 11/05/08 12:33 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Now Ice believes in Carlos Castaneda and can come up with many excuses for the man's foibles and fictions.

Incorrect as usual. (amazing how you can be consistently wrong on this) I don't believe in anyone but Veritas. I don't even know if CC ever existed. I do however find much of value in the books supposedly written by him. I say value because some of it has been effective in me getting what I want out of life.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Why Shroomery 'Born Agains' are the worst [Re: deCypher]
    #9188814 - 11/05/08 12:34 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The Cypher said:
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

American colonists were responsible for the death of millions of Native Americans through the spread of infectious diseases, war, and violence.  Does this mean we shouldn't be Americans?

If you want a truly compelling argument against Mormonism or Catholicism, please find modern-day examples of bloodshed in their name.

Guess you missed this how the Church protected pedophile priests. This is very current.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9188822 - 11/05/08 12:36 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

America has consistently covered up CIA covert operations in foreign countries, Presidential scandals, and clandestine deals, all of which have been recent events and are probably going on even right now.

If anything, these have caused more pain and suffering than the paltry few priests that have been sheltered by the Church.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#9188832 - 11/05/08 12:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'd say it's about equal and I'd also say they were and are deeply in bed with each other.:doggystyle:

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9188837 - 11/05/08 12:39 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

America and the Catholic church?

Why was the only Catholic president we've ever had shot then?  :tongue:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#9188847 - 11/05/08 12:41 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Religion in general dude.

Hey did you hear how the CC encouraged the new prez to work for world peace. That's rich IMO.:monkeydance:

I doubt Kennedy was shot because he was Catholic.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#9188850 - 11/05/08 12:42 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Does this mean we shouldn't be Americans?

Yes.

Quote:

How recent is acceptable?

As their prohet's teachings are older than their group's crimes, perhaps we should disregard those old books and demand a more recent prophet.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom